Week 3 Game Day Chatter | Sunday Games | 9-24-2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Was this reported or just your assumption?
There was another report that said Tomlin wasn't pleased. He wanted to stay inside as a whole team.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
There was another report that said Tomlin wasn't pleased. He wanted to do it as a whole team.
I understand wanting to send a message that the entire team was united, but how could anyone realistically expect that guy to not stand for the anthem?

vince

Not So New Member
There was another report that said Tomlin wasn't pleased. He wanted to stay inside as a whole team.
SMH. Makes me like Villanueva a little more now. I bet they gave him some shit before and after.

Bluestar71

Brand New Member
SMH. Makes me like Villanueva a little more now. I bet they gave him some shit before and after.
That's why this BS needs to be kept out of the workplace. Be as political as you want on your own time but be a professional when you're on the clock.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
That's why this BS needs to be kept out of the workplace. Be as political as you want on your own time but be a professional when you're on the clock.
Yea, but this is different.

Athletes don't work normal jobs and they aren't average Joes like you and I.

They have a platform where they can bring things to light that so many of us wish we had.

You can't expect them to operate in their workplace the way you would expect you and I to because they are completely different atmospheres.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The Raiders looked exactly like we did against the Broncos, came out flat, giving up 3rd down conversions on soft dump offs/check downs, and just generally not doing anything right.

The Redskins were certainly impressive but I think their play against the Rams/Eagles is more indicative of their true ability.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me

They have a platform where they can bring things to light that so many of us wish we had.

You can't expect them to operate in their workplace the way you would expect you and I to because they are completely different atmospheres.
Nonsense. You're rationalizing their abuse of the audience. We all know that Lebron is a huge lib who campaigned for Hillary. But at least he didn't stomp for her at work on the court. He respectfully separated his work from his private life because, as Michael Jordan noted, "Republicans buy shoes too." And in the age of social media, there are multiple ways to get your message out without taking advantage of your employer or shitting on the flag.

data

Forbes #1
Yesterday was a shitty chatter activity day. That's us as a group. We were the Cowboys; Chatter were the Broncos and we got curbstomped.

I expect a much better outing today. @DCC

peplaw06

Brand New Member
Nonsense. You're rationalizing their abuse of the audience. We all know that Lebron is a huge lib who campaigned for Hillary. But at least he didn't stomp for her at work on the court. He respectfully separated his work from his private life because, as Michael Jordan noted, "Republicans buy shoes too." And in the age of social media, there are multiple ways to get your message out without taking advantage of your employer or shitting on the flag.
How is it taking advantage of your employer, when the employer is supporting it. And abuse of the audience? If you feel abused, then don't watch.

Smitty

DCC 4Life

It boils down to this, athletes have the right to say these things, the NFL has the right to employ them or not employ them as a result of taking such stands, and I have the right as a consumer to communicate the message that I wish they'd shut the fuck up about it already.

Enough. We get it. We've all seen your protests.

Yes, "Stick to sports." Your political opinions, just like those of your movie star brethren, are not any more enlightened, correct, or informed than mine are; in fact, they are almost certainly less, so please stop lecturing me on it. I don't need anything called to my attention nor do most viewers. We are all big boy grown ups who don't rely on football players for their political information.

God, it's just tiring. It's exhausting having to re-hash this stuff. It makes bad entertainment.

I don't even want to watch anymore, and it's not even because I'm "offended," about kneeling during the anthem. I could care less. Just fucking enough already.

Maybe Colin Kaepernick or Mike Tomlin or whoever has a platform that many activists "wish they had," but that's not why I'm watching. So he is in essence using the fact that he has a captive audience to try to stump for something personal he believes in.

When it was just one guy, whatever, I don't care, I can tune that out.

Now it's starting to seep into every game, every week, every time I turn on the fucking TV to watch football or sports.

I've had fucking enough. I'm so tired of it. It's making it not fun to watch. If I'm not having fun watching the NFL, there's no reason for me to watch anymore.

Last edited:

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
It boils down to this, athletes have the right to say these things, the NFL has the right to employ them or not employ them as a result of taking such stands, and I have the right as a consumer to communicate the message that I wish they'd shut the fuck up about it already.

Yes, "Stick to sports." Your political opinions, just like those of your movie star brethren, are not any more enlightened, correct, or informed than mine are; in fact, they are almost certainly less, so please stop lecturing me on it. I don't need anything called to my attention nor do most viewers. We are all big boy grown ups who don't rely on football players for their political information.

God, it's just tiring. It's exhausting having to re-hash this stuff. It makes bad entertainment.

I don't even want to watch anymore, and it's not even because I'm "offended," about kneeling during the anthem. I could care less. Just fucking enough already.
That's fair, it's also fair to say our genius President needs to stick to things that are actually important and quit his petty quibbling over bullshit identity politics.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester

Fair enough.

But what we saw yesterday was a result of that buffoon we have sitting in the presidential office speaking irresponsibly....as he has so many times before.

Before yesterday, there were a few guys kneeling here and there around the league. But seeing full participation from players and owners alike from every single team is a direct result of that moron talking out of his ass again.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
That's fair, it's also fair to say our genius President needs to stick to things that are actually important and quit his petty quibbling over bullshit identity politics.

What a clown this guy is.

peplaw06

Brand New Member

Maybe Colin Kaepernick or Mike Tomlin or whoever has a platform that many activists "wish they had," but that's not why I'm watching. So he is in essence using the fact that he has a captive audience to try to stump for something personal he believes in.

When it was just one guy, whatever, I don't care, I can tune that out.

Now it's starting to seep into every game, every week, every time I turn on the fucking TV to watch football or sports.

I've had fucking enough. I'm so tired of it. It's making it not fun to watch. If I'm not having fun watching the NFL, there's no reason for me to watch anymore.
Then stop watching. And stop wasting time fretting about it on a message board. If you don't want to deal with the issue, it's easy enough to avoid.

If you want them to stick to sports, then just stick to your life.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
But as I edited into the conversation, when retard Donald Trump says something ludicrous, I can ignore it. It's one guy, and I can shut off his lunacy. Yes, it's the President of the US. He's a petulant child. He has essentially zero power over your daily lives, though, just like Obama couldn't ruin the country for conservatives. The Republican Congress can't even get their shit together to carry out any Republican policy objectives; the rest of Trump's power is judicial nominations (too bad, suck it up and don't nominate a crook like Hillary next time), executive orders (which can simply be rescinded and undone in 4 years), and annoying TV monologues.

That's it.

I ignore the guy because he's blatantly unqualified to be President, he's an embarassment, and anything positive he does for conservatives like me is pure luck, in fact he does more harm than good. So I tune out nearly all of his crap, and everyone else should too.

But what I can't fucking tune out is the parade of social commentary I am subjected to when I'm trying to watch football.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
How is it taking advantage of your employer, when the employer is supporting it.
Jerry supports these protests? That's news to me.

And abuse of the audience? If you feel abused, then don't watch.
I guess you haven't scanned the TV ratings lately. Pissing off viewers is a helluva business plan.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I'm curious to see what he does tonight being as Trump's biggest friend in the league, Kraft, openly spoke out against Trump's comments and even Daniel Snyder locked arms with his players.

peplaw06

Brand New Member
The Cowboys haven't protested... yet.

If they don't, then Jerry may or may not have to come out in support or condemnation of the protests league wide. He said anything one way or the other to this point, because he hasn't had to. Will be interesting to see what happens tonight though.

I guess you haven't scanned the TV ratings lately. Pissing off viewers is a helluva business plan.
And? So what? It's their business. If it goes under, it goes under... I'm still gonna live my life.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Then stop watching. And stop wasting time fretting about it on a message board. If you don't want to deal with the issue, it's easy enough to avoid.

If you want them to stick to sports, then just stick to your life.
?

He was sticking to his life, until the race mongers stopped sticking to sports. Oh God, now you have me defending Smitty. :picard

peplaw06

Brand New Member
?

He was sticking to his life, until the race mongers stopped sticking to sports. Oh God, now you have me defending Smitty. :picard
No... by saying stick to your life, I'm saying stick to your job, your family, your personal issues. Being entertained by an arbitrary sporting event is not your life... And you don't have any control over what happens in that setting. You watch to be entertained, and to some degree escape from your life. If it pisses you off, aggravates you, makes you uncomfortable, etc, you can choose not to watch and stick to your life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom