One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I love how Zeke tossed it on this play and then just laid the defender out. Really creative and good play as well. Dallas definitely opened the playbook a little more in this game. The problem is we still tend to fall into lulls where we just slide back into old predictable Dallas.

Cotton

Staff member

Polar opposite from game 1.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I don't disagree that 20 mil is fair. But what I'm wondering is if it actually financially makes sense. Are you better off going with a young QB making 1 mil a year or with a veteran who is maybe the 15th best starter in the NFL (Totally just a hypothetical ranking) and paying him 20 mil a season. You just see so many NFL teams strapped with a big contract on a QB who can't seem to move up at all. I don't want to be stuck with Matthew Stafford who throws for a gazillion yards but can't win games consistently and makes too much money to build an awesome roster around him.

Eli Manning is counting 22 mil against the Giants cap this season. What's the point of that? At best they could accomplish a mediocre season. And now you've wasted the equivalent of a franchise position player had you gone with a young QB.
Yea I get it, I'm just saying there's alot of factors that go into making a decision on Dak and that it's not just a matter of "Is he a top 10 QB? No? Bye."

Theoretically I'm fine with tanking when it looks like a QB class is going to be strong like 2020 but I just don't think it's realistic. We might as well discuss whether or not we want to trade three 1st rounders for Aaron Rodgers.

Cotton

Staff member

p1_

DCC 4Life
what's your point? :art

p1_

DCC 4Life
Chellenge accepted. Bitch.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Such a perfect fit to pair with Andy Reid. Someone that will push his offense to the next level because he is a gambler.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yea I get it, I'm just saying there's alot of factors that go into making a decision on Dak and that it's not just a matter of "Is he a top 10 QB? No? Bye."

Theoretically I'm fine with tanking when it looks like a QB class is going to be strong like 2020 but I just don't think it's realistic. We might as well discuss whether or not we want to trade three 1st rounders for Aaron Rodgers.
Yeah I'm not even suggesting tanking necessarily. Just that I'd rather go young and unproven then pay big bucks for a mediocre QB. I haven't totally made up my mind on Dak like that yet though. I think people under rate what it means to have a QB who can run like he does. Rushing yards and rushing TD's from a QB seem to be a hidden stat to the extent that most don't consider it when judging their performance. But the 15 yard QB run moves the chain just as well as the 15 yard pass. We really need to go out and put some real resources at WR and TE after this year though. I'm all for drafting one or both fairly early in the draft. At worst they will be there for the next QB.

p1_

DCC 4Life
seems to make little difference this year. Which is nice.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
A lot of that was Barkley, to be fair. He's hard to bring down.

Top Bottom