Week 2 Game Day Chatter | Giants at Cowboys| 9-16-2018

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
And it makes you wonder how well Jerry and the Idiot Son will handle this. Mahomes got picked 10th overall and then they incubated him until he was ready. And then they got a good deal in return for Smith.

I always come back to how it isn't the individual pieces getting moved around on the chessboard; it's the people doing the moving -- Jerry and the Idiot Son.

What are the chances of them moving the pieces around to come up with someone better than Dak?
Yeah the Chiefs played it perfectly. Drafted the QB, and got something of value in return for their starting QB. Lord knows Dallas will never be smart enough to be able to pull that off with Dak but if we had a savvy head coach something like that would maybe be possible. I wouldn't want to let Dak go for free obviously. Certainly he has more trade value than Alex Smith if for no other reason than his age. I'd say he is worth more than Tyrod Taylor as well. Both involved a third round pick. The Chiefs got a third and a corner they liked.

You don't want to just give away a starting NFL QB either.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Well, I'll be.
And I think the two losses were in the Green Bay games.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

That cant be right??? Sure seemed like Barkley had more than that.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Yeah it's one of those stats that's sort of open to interpretation.

Rev

Staff member
Yeah it's one of those stats that's sort of open to interpretation.
I guess maybe its broken down to missed and broken tackles? Thats the only thing I could think of but that seems a little too broken down.

p1_

DCC 4Life

lostxn

DCC 4Life
You guys notice LVE had 7 tackles against the Giants? Kid is coming along. Also, Taco continues to show up. Kid looks to be a solid DE.

p1_

DCC 4Life
anyone watching Seattle and Chicago?

Bluestar71

Brand New Member

It said when running the ball. Barkley seemed like more because he had all those short passes where he made the first or second guy miss.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It said when running the ball. Barkley seemed like more because he had all those short passes where he made the first or second guy miss.
That's true, the stat is only when running the ball. Barkley didn't have nearly as many runs. His broken tackles were on passes which weren't counted on this one.

p1_

DCC 4Life
seemed like any time he touched the ball, he was a slippery fuck.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
You guys notice LVE had 7 tackles against the Giants? Kid is coming along. Also, Taco continues to show up. Kid looks to be a solid DE.
I noticed the stat line but I didn't notice him making too many plays other than I noticed Lee was not in the game.

Still waiting for a splash or two. It's early.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
God damn, if this offense had any traction.

I really wish we had gone after Josh Gordon.

A WR and a TE would do wonders for this offense.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
God damn, if this offense had any traction.

I really wish we had gone after Josh Gordon.

A WR and a TE would do wonders for this offense.
And I think the good defensive play is going to continue the week at Seattle, but we'll probably only score 10-13 ourselves.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
And I think the good defensive play is going to continue the week at Seattle, but we'll probably only score 10-13 ourselves.
Pretty much. I expect something very similar to the game against them last year. Frustrating offense that can't get out of their own way.

Rev

Staff member

Sounds familiar.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Pretty much. I expect something very similar to the game against them last year. Frustrating offense that can't get out of their own way.
I expect us to score more. Their defense is worse than the Panthers and Giants. Outside of Thomas their defense doesn't have much talent. Their corners aren't very good. They don't have much in terms of pass rush. And their run defenders scare no one.

I'm assuming Wagner misses our game though. He is an excellent player.

Top Bottom