Week 15 Gameday Chatter | Cowboys vs. Eagles | 12/14/2014

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I havent seen anything on that. Where was it reported?
You could see him limping around after a play where I believe Smith was called for a penalty, then in the 2nd half his ankle was heavily wrapped, there's probably an article about it somewhere.

Jiggyfly

Banned
When we drafted Crawford I said I thought he was a poor man's Cox as a prospect. Both had similar body types and college production, Crawford was more raw coming out and the ACL obviously set him back, but I think that comparison still holds.
I don't see the poor mans aspect, IMO he has been as good as Cox especially considering he was asked to change position during the season.

Cox also has much more talent around him.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I don't see the poor mans aspect, IMO he has been as good as Cox especially considering he was asked to change position during the season.

Cox also has much more talent around him.
I really like Crawford but I have to disagree.

Cox has had three seasons to Crawford's two, and you can definitely tell Cox is not only further along but also much more physically imposing. He has at least twenty pounds on Crawford, and has similar quickness. That's a major, major difference.

IMO outside of JJ Watt, there isn't a DT in the league playing better than Cox right now.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I really like Crawford but I have to disagree.

Cox has had three seasons to Crawford's two, and you can definitely tell Cox is not only further along but also much more physically imposing. He has at least twenty pounds on Crawford, and has similar quickness. That's a major, major difference.

IMO outside of JJ Watt, there isn't a DT in the league playing better than Cox right now.
In his 2nd season Cox was not as disruptive as Crawford is now, I think with a full offseason to work on only one position Crawford can take that leap.

Now I think Cox might have more of a upside but I think Crawford has some real natural ability he is pretty much learning on the fly.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
When Crawford owns several games, then tell me he is as good as Fletcher Cox.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Crawford is a very good player, I'd even go as far as to say he is a quality starter but I'm certainly not putting him in the elite category yet. Cox I would put in the elite category.

With that being said I could see Crawford taking the next step towards elite. I'm excited to see how he develops.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I thought he might be worth getting excited over, when he was having flashes of consistent disruptiveness earlier in the year, but it's kinda disappeared. It's nice he's had 3 sacks, but where did the push that he was getting disappear to?

He's in the category where I'd say "I'll roll with him and not be scared next year if I can't upgrade, but either DT spot remains a prime target for a high draft pick."

Jiggyfly

Banned
Crawford is a very good player, I'd even go as far as to say he is a quality starter but I'm certainly not putting him in the elite category yet. Cox I would put in the elite category.

With that being said I could see Crawford taking the next step towards elite. I'm excited to see how he develops.
This is were I am at and I think the fact that Cox has better players around him magnifies his effectiveness.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Lookit, Crawford is turning into a good player, but that's a bit much.
Really Crawford has as many sacks as Fletcher but 20 less tackles while missing a game and playing about 15-20 snaps a game less than Cox.

I am not saying he is currently as good as Cox but I don't think he is that far off.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I thought he might be worth getting excited over, when he was having flashes of consistent disruptiveness earlier in the year, but it's kinda disappeared. It's nice he's had 3 sacks, but where did the push that he was getting disappear to?

He's in the category where I'd say "I'll roll with him and not be scared next year if I can't upgrade, but either DT spot remains a prime target for a high draft pick."
That push has not disappeared I don't know what you have been watching.

Carp

DCC 4Life
How the hell did Chicago get all these primetime games? They have kind of taken the Cowboys fail mantle. Now I don't think it is going to happen, but Harbaugh to the Bears would be interesting.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Anyone in watching this one tonight.

data

Forbes #1
F'n Jay Cutler. The fact that people compare Cutler to Romo makes me wonder what non-Cowboys fans actually know and see of Romo.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
How the hell did Chicago get all these primetime games? They have kind of taken the Cowboys fail mantle. Now I don't think it is going to happen, but Harbaugh to the Bears would be interesting.

Trestman looks the nerdy kid that got his ass beat in jr high every year.

Top Bottom