Week 15 Gameday Chatter | Cowboys vs. Eagles | 12/14/2014

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Think about this scenario:

We win next week and so does Philly.

We go into the last week of the season having to win, or have Philly lose.

Both our game and the Philly/NY game are at noon.

We are in the 4th quarter with us down by 7 and Philly up by 10.

1:45 left in both games.
Throw some more chips into this fire.

Arizona lost to Seattle and is now about to play SF (a potential loss if SF doesn't roll over). Arizona is 11-4 as is Seattle.

Green Bay beat Tampa and Detroit lost to Chicago, but now Detroit is beating Green Bay as the 1 pm games wind down (so looking like Detroit finishes 11-5 as does Green Bay).

Its uniquely possible that Dallas wins and gets home field advantage (if San Fran beats Arizona, then Dallas and Seattle are the two 12-4 teams, Dallas finishes ahead on head-to-head), or loses and is out of the playoffs (we'd be 11-5, lose the division and lose the three way WC tie to Detroit/GB and Arizona).

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Fine. Say we're losing by 7 with 1:45 to go...Romo goes full on pimp mode and pulls out a victory with a spin-a-roonie and on-the-mark TD pass. We go to OT and Romo drives us for a Dan Bailey 46-yard GW.

It's about time for something like this happens to Romo. For all the bad that he's endured, he's gotta have one, right? Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
:towel

Cotton

Staff member
Throw some more chips into this fire.

Arizona lost to Seattle and is now about to play SF (a potential loss if SF doesn't roll over). Arizona is 11-4 as is Seattle.

Green Bay beat Tampa and Detroit lost to Chicago, but now Detroit is beating Green Bay as the 1 pm games wind down (so looking like Detroit finishes 11-5 as does Green Bay).

Its uniquely possible that Dallas wins and gets home field advantage (if San Fran beats Arizona, then Dallas and Seattle are the two 12-4 teams, Dallas finishes ahead on head-to-head), or loses and is out of the playoffs (we'd be 11-5, lose the division and lose the three way WC tie to Detroit/GB and Arizona).
Okay, I hate your scenario more.

Cotton

Staff member
Did that dumb shit from the Bears actually try to push the ball out of the EZ after a Saints player touched it instead of falling on it for the TO?

Cotton

Staff member
On another note, did that dumbshit from the Saints actually touch the ball on the goalline intentionally?

Cotton

Staff member

:budd

data

Forbes #1
I like Gruden. Yeah he loves everything and has corny sayings, but he's better than anything mnf has tried since firing Gifford.

data

Forbes #1
Did that dumb shit from the Bears actually try to push the ball out of the EZ after a Saints player touched it instead of falling on it for the TO?
I thought the same, but upon replay, he just failed to pick it up.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

:budd
I'm sure he would be able to get out of it if he wanted a HC job.

We are probably stuck with Garrett until 2021 now anyway.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I like Gruden. Yeah he loves everything and has corny sayings, but he's better than anything mnf has tried since firing Gifford.
I think he's fantastic. Madden was the same way and everyone loved him.

Cotton

Staff member

Top Bottom