Week 10 Game Day Chatter | Cowboys @ Falcons | 11-12-2017

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
See, Carolina knows Newton is a mental midget, so they scheme a throw for him. Boom, the ball is out in two seconds.

Tell me why Dallas can't do that?

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I bet the ratings for this barnburner of a matchup will be through the roof.

Yeah, most coaches have similar records.

Only among Cowboys fans is Garrett simply incapable of coaching.

No, he's about your average coach.

I don't say this to protect him at all costs. I say it because this is the same crew of retards who found a problem with Parcells coaching too.
No, never had a problem with Parcells. Coaching mistakes is one thing, parcells made as much as any coach in the league. But I guarantee you one thing, that motherfucker knew how to manage a game. Parcels coaching in his later years was good for two games a year. He didn't lose games with shitty management. Garrett has had 7 years to learn, and he hasn't learned anything apparently and it's safe to say he never will. Garrett is good for 3 or 4 losses per year due to his stubborn ass.

:lol

Yea, it's only false because YOU think it is.

But everything about Wade's coaching resume clearly points to him being a superior football coach to Garrett.

You just refuse to let your boytoy go.
Exactly, Wade is by far a much better coach then Garrett. I can't remember any time in Wades coaching of the Cowboys I've ever questioned his management skills. Coaching skills is a different story, I think he could have been harder on the players but that's about it. Him and Jimmy Johnson are from my hometown so obviously I'm biased.

Interestingly enough, the only way you can make any salient arguments here is by lying about things like "I won't let him go," when I continue to say I would let him go, but that it needs to be the right coach.
The Right coach? Lol, I would take a 7 year old who plays madden to coach this team then put up with Garrett's nonsense anymore

I'm not even so sure about that. Campo had some seriously shitty talent on his teams. No help from the front office. Yet they still seemed to play hard week after week. Garrett has had fucking all pro rosters compared to what Campo had. And the biggest thing he'll be remembered for is finding new and exciting ways to lose games that seemed to be all but locked up.

I seriously hope we lose out the rest of the year. Preferably in embarrassing fashion. Maybe... MAYBE that would be enough to get him and the rest of this useless coaching staff run down the road.
I would rather they lose out and not even make the playoffs. We already know what will happen if they were to back into the playoffs. Plus this defense isn't gonna stop anyone in there. Then the Garrett factor makes it less appealing. Rather get a good draft pick so they can fuck that up and draft an injured guy in the second like Lee.

:towel
[MENTION=24]mschmidt64[/MENTION]

In case you missed it....

but Jason Garrett is going to never stop being Jason Garrett.

He's been getting way above average results recently.
Really? Our of his 8 years of coaching he has had really good seasons the rest of the time it was 8-8. Fuck that middle of the pack shit. You can get those results any Joe off the street as a HC.

data

Forbes #1
Yeah ignore the success the likes of dan Quinn, mcvay, pederson etc are all having despite not already having HC success elsewhere.

We better stick with the guy who still doesn’t get it after 8 years (lifetime by nfl standards, mind you)
I remember when folks were applauding Mike McCoy & Chip Kelly after their rookie seasons, taking their teams to the playoffs. Went downhill fast from there and now fired.

Nothing says Sean McVay and Doug Pederson won't be any different. Dan Quinn's already showing signs of tremendous letdown.

Furthermore, even if they are the next Belichick,
1) they wouldn't come to Dallas to work for Jerry, and
2) Jerry wouldn't invite them here because they have no history together, and
3) Jerry would ruin them anyway (see Shanahan and Gibbs failed regimes under Dan Snyder).

Better get this guy while he's alive.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randy_Allen_(American_football)

vince

Not So New Member
I would rather they lose out and not even make the playoffs. We already know what will happen if they were to back into the playoffs. Plus this defense isn't gonna stop anyone in there. Then the Garrett factor makes it less appealing. Rather get a good draft pick so they can fuck that up and draft an injured guy in the second like Lee.
The Cowboys have been drafting pretty damn good recently. Stop making it seem like they fuck everything up.

The Cowboys have been drafting pretty damn good recently. Stop making it seem like they fuck everything up.
Hey I get it, they have drafted pretty well lately minus the second round every year for the last 6 years. That's not the problem though. They would have to field a defense that could shut opponents down to allow the team to win by double digits. That would be the only way they would win in the postseason. Any close games and it comes down to a coaching decision you can forget about a win.

That's Garrett's mantra. We know what this defense looks like now and know what would happen in another close game especially during the postseason. If we have to keep Garrett I would rather they get high picks to keep building the defense up to elite status to keep the Garrett equation out of it.

data

Forbes #1
One critique I have of Jason Garrett is that he doesn't have the coaching network of head coaches with more years of service moving up the ranks. It's why we've had ultra-retreads like Linehan, Kiffin and Marinelli as our assistant coaches.

One year under new NFL coach Nick Saban and then it's 100% Dallas Cowboys. That's it.

Bill Parcells was able to quickly replicate his success in several destinations because of this tremendous network, bringing "Parcells' guys", comprising of coaches and players wherever he went. Multiple people preaching and enforcing Parcells' way achieved a unified movement quicker than Parcells' doing it all by himself.

Jason Garrett showed up in Dallas, never having instilled his culture and his way and nobody to help him.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
One critique I have of Jason Garrett is that he doesn't have the coaching network of head coaches with more years of service moving up the ranks. It's why we've had ultra-retreads like Linehan, Kiffin and Marinelli as our assistant coaches.

One year under new NFL coach Nick Saban and then it's 100% Dallas Cowboys. That's it.

Bill Parcells was able to quickly replicate his success in several destinations because of this tremendous network, bringing "Parcells' guys", comprising of coaches and players wherever he went. Multiple people preaching and enforcing Parcells' way achieved a unified movement quicker than Parcells' doing it all by himself.

Jason Garrett showed up in Dallas, never having instilled his culture and his way and nobody to help him.
Garrett has no tree.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
That's what makes it so tough as a fan right now. They have done a much better job at drafting and managing the cap, but the coaching has just gone completely stale.

BTW, did you make it to the game? I kept shouting, "Gaysexerdude! Gaysexerdude, where the hell are you?!?!?!" until my wife made me stfu.

data

Forbes #1
Garrett has no tree.
Had. Garrett had no tree.

Monmouth Kardashian is here now.

I don’t know what you expect from Garrett. The man was forced to fire his own brother, his own flesh and bark, his sole tree. Talk about Jerruh setting back the process that we’re stacking here day-to-day.

Last edited:
Top Bottom