Week 10 Game Day Chatter | Cowboys @ Falcons | 11-12-2017

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Garrett has no tree.
Nor was he a coach long enough to establish a culture or identity.

Book smarts and hero worship doesn't go far when prepping yourself for running the show.

I still haven't gotten over the time he iced his own damn kicker.

data

Forbes #1

Book smarts and hero worship doesn't go far when prepping yourself for running the show.

Fresh MBA graduates ready to be CEO. What could go wrong?

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
So I guess we'll all be super excited when Garrett finally gets fired, until Tony Romo's announced as the new HC.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

But but he worked with Saban at Miami. And stuff.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Had. Garrett had no tree.

Monmouth Kardashian is here now.

I don’t know what you expect from Garrett. The man was forced to fire his own brother, his own flesh and bark, his sole tree. Talk about Jerruh setting back the process that we’re stacking here day-to-day.
That is okay, his other brother still has a cushy pro personnel job with the team.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Or how about the next season vs Baltimore when despite having seen a young Dan Bailey miss a game-winning kick due to that icing gaffe, he chose to settle for a 51 yard FG despite having 22 seconds and a timeout in his pocket to try and get a little closer?

He didn't call timeout or try to run another quick play and instead chose to let the clock go from 22 seconds to 6 seconds before sending Bailey onto the field.

Don't you just love how much our HC grasps situational football?

:art

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Dude just has zero wiggle.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner

Excuse me, but I have it on the best authority that all those years carrying a clipboard as a third string QB counted exactly the same as actual coaching.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester

No he doesn't.

And I thought the criticisms of Morris in the 1st half were premature as well. The guy had nowhere to run to, and neither did McFadden on that one carry, so I'm not sure why some guys were being hard on him.

He sure looked pretty damn good to me in the 3rd quarter when the line finally started getting some movement, but then the staff took a big shit on that momentum by inexplicably calling a pass from the shotgun at the 12 yard line that left Green on an island once more.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
:lol

That gif.

DLK150

DCC 4Life

He never has had any. He's been a straight line runner since his college days and relies on a gaping hole to burst through. He has next to no vision and a ballerina's legs so that doesn't help.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Do yall realize that Adrian Clayborne isn't even a starter for them? Fuck...

p1_

DCC 4Life
He sure looked pretty damn good to me in the 3rd quarter when the line finally started getting some movement, but then the staff took a big shit on that momentum by inexplicably calling a pass from the shotgun at the 12 yard line that left Green on an island once more.
How fucktarded was that? Take all that momentum and just waste it. Moronic at best.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
How fucktarded was that? Take all that momentum and just waste it. Moronic at best.
As I said yesterday, I get pissed when we do stuff like that in a game when we're not struggling to move the ball and have the lead, so you can imagine how angry I was when we did it in a game where we desperately needed to score and had a gaping hole at LT.

It just doesn't make sense to put yourself in a position where you're showing all of your cards when you have the defense on their heels, and nothing gets my blood boiling quite like watching the Cowboys line up in a shotgun, empty backfield on a 1st down when we're running the ball well......especially in the redzone.

p1_

DCC 4Life
As I said yesterday, I get pissed when we do stuff like that in a game when we're not struggling to move the ball and have the lead, so you can imagine how angry I was when we did it in a game where we desperately needed to score and had a gaping hole at LT.

It just doesn't make sense to put yourself in a position where you're showing all of your cards when you have the defense on their heels, and nothing gets my blood boiling quite like watching the Cowboys line up in a shotgun, empty backfield on a 1st down when we're running the ball well......especially in the redzone.
Heres the sequence leading up:

1-10-DAL 30 (8:26) 46-A.Morris right tackle to DAL 44 for 14 yards (56-S.Weatherspoon).

1-10-DAL 44 (7:43) 46-A.Morris right end pushed ob at ATL 36 for 20 yards (37-R.Allen).

1-10-ATL 36 (7:11) 46-A.Morris left guard to ATL 34 for 2 yards (92-D.Poe).

2-8-ATL 34 (6:29) (Shotgun) 4-D.Prescott pass short left to 11-C.Beasley to ATL 28 for 6 yards (34-B.Poole).

3-2-ATL 28 (5:48) (Shotgun) 4-D.Prescott right end to ATL 23 for 5 yards (59-D.Campbell).

1-10-ATL 23 (5:13) 46-A.Morris right end pushed ob at ATL 12 for 11 yards (22-K.Neal; 36-K.Ishmael).

In a total of 6 plays, Morris had 4 carries for 47 yards. So what do we do? Idiots!

Top Bottom