Vikings Stuff...

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Could probably take their time with all four...but they all seem due. They do need to be strategic with some roster movement.

Gallup can take Turner's spot. Armstrong can take Kamara or Anae's spot. Not sure about Joseph or Hill.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
After all the joking about him... I've decided I kind of like Armstrong as a spot rush guy. :unsure

data

Forbes #1
How about if we're tied with just Tampa and the Rams? We obviously lost to Tampa, who lost to LA, but we didn't play LA.

Does it come down to conference record?
Just looked at official tie breaking procedures cuz I think they changed the procedures since adding the seventh playoff team..disregard my previous post.

Ultimately, this Vikings game isnt as valuable as a conference tiebreaker as it used to be. Instead, common games record has jumped up. So Vikings game important if we tie with Packers, Cardinals and Rams since these three do play Vikings at least once. Bucs don’t play Vikings this season so Vikings game not counted if Bucs is one of three clubs tied.

Bad news. So, it’s still unclear the way it’s written below, but I believe In order for Bucs h2h win over us to be thrown out, the third team tied with Cowboys and Bucs would have to be Panthers and Panthers beat the Bucs twice. :lol we’re screwed. Bucs would be 1-2, we’d be 1-1 and Panthers 2-1, so Panthers would be #1 seed. No scenario I see being tied with Bucs does h2h win over us get eliminated for us to get preferential seeding over Bucs (unless there’s four-way tie...)

Good news for us is that division record is second tiebreaker

Three or More Clubs
(Note: If two clubs remain tied after third or other clubs are eliminated during any step, tie breaker reverts to step 1 of the two-club format).
  1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games among the clubs).
  2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
  3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
  4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.

Last edited:

data

Forbes #1
How about if we're tied with just Tampa and the Rams? We obviously lost to Tampa, who lost to LA, but we didn't play LA.

Does it come down to conference record?
In that scenario, Rams get #1 seed being 1-0 is higher than Bucs 1-1 and our 0-1.

Now as two team tie, Bucs win #2 because they have h2h and we are #3

data

Forbes #1
See my above post. I thought the same as you regarding conference record, but the tiebreakers look to have been reshuffled so division record, then common games are now above conference.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
See my above post. I thought the same as you regarding conference record, but the tiebreakers look to have been reshuffled so division record, then common games are now above conference.
I'll be damned. I wonder when that happened.

Cotton

Staff member

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Ugh, if Rush has to play the games will barely be watchable. Still don't see why they didn't try to find a better backup.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Ugh, if Rush has to play the games will barely be watchable. Still don't see why they didn't try to find a better backup.
You can't just go down to Texaco...

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
As an aside, the Vikings are also coming off a bye.
Exactly what makes this a test of our coaching. We have a better team with plenty of time to prepare and should win. I don't want to lose another conference game.

And do we really think the Cowboys will like, ever be under the radar? A new hype cycle will begin the moment they win two games in a row.

Cotton

Staff member

Top Bottom