One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

data

Forbes #1
Fuck that. Win this

With weakness of East, no reason we shouldn’t get two home playoff games. This game is gonna be a key conference record and overall record tiebreaker vs Packers, Cardinals and Tampa Bay.

We still play Cardinals and they have a tougher remaining schedule. Packers have a challenging schedule ahead.

Bucs havean easier remaining schedule and have the h2h tiebreaker.

would be a shame for us to finish 13-4 and have a road divisional playoff game

Last edited:

ZeroClub

UFA
HFA would be great, of course, but finishing the regular season as a top three seed is seriously important too, given the depth of the NFC.

I'm not convinced that the Dallas offense can be shut down by a defense. The Cowboys' offense can be derailed by injuries and self destruction (e.g., turnovers, penalties, the Dallas D getting dominated on the ground), but given the talent level of the offense and today's rules, which defense can stop them heads up? I'm not seeing it.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Fuck that. Win this

With weakness of East, no reason we shouldn’t get two home playoff games. This game is gonna be a key conference record and overall record tiebreaker vs Packers, Cardinals and Tampa Bay.

We still play Cardinals and they have a tougher remaining schedule. Packers have a challenging schedule ahead.

Bucs havean easier remaining schedule and have the h2h tiebreaker.

would be a shame for us to finish 13-4 and have a road divisional playoff game
I don't think HFA is likely at this point since Tampa has such an easy schedule and the tiebreaker.

We could definitely get the 2 seed but ultimately all I'm really worried about is not being the 4 seed and playing the Rams (or Cardinals?) in the first round.

That, and I'd like to finish ahead of Green Bay so that we don't have to play them there. If we finish as the 3 seed behind Tampa and Arizona/LA, I'm fine with that since even though we'd be on the road it'd be in a dome/warm weather city and the stadium would likely be around 30% Cowboys fans.

data

Forbes #1
I don't think HFA is likely at this point since Tampa has such an easy schedule and the tiebreaker.

We could definitely get the 2 seed but ultimately all I'm really worried about is not being the 4 seed and playing the Rams (or Cardinals?) in the first round.

That, and I'd like to finish ahead of Green Bay so that we don't have to play them there. If we finish as the 3 seed behind Tampa and Arizona/LA, I'm fine with that since even though we'd be on the road it'd be in a dome/warm weather city and the stadium would likely be around 30% Cowboys fans.
Bucs def have advantage for HFA with h2h tiebreaker, just FYI, though, I believe h2h is thrown out in event of three-way overall record tie (assuming one team didn’t beat other two) and next tiebreaker is conference record.

IIRC, that’s why we went to Green Bay in 2014 (Dez no catch) (as well as playing wild card round vs Det) despite finishing same record as #2 Green Bay and #1 Seattle

Bucs have lost to the Rams, so we wouldn’t want Rams to be part of the three-way tie, but they don’t play Packers or Cardinals (we would need to beat Cardinals) at all, so I think h2h is tossed out. If we lose to both Cardinals and Bucs, I think we’re first team thrown out of three-way tiebreaker

Last edited:

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Heard a tease along those lines on the Ticket. First thought was all the YouTube experts claiming how stupid it was to even entertain the idea.

p1_

DCC 4Life
It is in a way. But honestly, Steele has earned his shot and Collins being a dumbass does get addressed at least.
I like it; Williams is probably feeling the heat, as he should.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Bucs def have advantage for HFA with h2h tiebreaker, just FYI, though, I believe h2h is thrown out in event of three-way overall record tie (assuming one team didn’t beat other two) and next tiebreaker is conference record.

IIRC, that’s why we went to Green Bay in 2014 (Dez no catch) (as well as playing wild card round vs Det) despite finishing same record as #2 Green Bay and #1 Seattle

Bucs have lost to the Rams, so we wouldn’t want Rams to be part of the three-way tie, but they don’t play Packers or Cardinals (we would need to beat Cardinals) at all, so I think h2h is tossed out. If we lose to both Cardinals and Bucs, I think we’re first team thrown out of three-way tiebreaker
How about if we're tied with just Tampa and the Rams? We obviously lost to Tampa, who lost to LA, but we didn't play LA.

Does it come down to conference record?

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
It is in a way. But honestly, Steele has earned his shot and Collins being a dumbass does get addressed at least.
Steele has basically been as good as Collins so I definitely get it.

Moving Collins to LG is not something that can happen immediately though, it'll take time, although it could be a long term solution allowing us to let Williams walk at the end of the year without much concern.

Cotton

Staff member
How about if we're tied with just Tampa and the Rams? We obviously lost to Tampa, who lost to LA, but we didn't play LA.

Does it come down to conference record?
Yes.

Cotton

Staff member
:towel

This isn't the Jaylon decision, but it's along the same lines. Love it.
I like it, too. He has missed 21 of the last 22 games because of his own negligence. Make him earn back a starting spot.

Top Bottom