Video Game Chatter

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Did you love the gameplay of NCAA better or just all the added stuff? The game felt very similar to Madden to me, but the recruiting is what set it apart. Can't wait for that revival.
I liked the game play better. But it was just more diverse. You want to run the option go for it. You want to run quick passes done. I honestly haven't played Madden in a few years but the game play didn't feel the same to me back then. Maybe stuff has changed because NFL offenses definitely have.

And yeah the added stuff was better too. But maybe if we had 10 more years of the same game every year I wouldn't say that.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Did you love the gameplay of NCAA better or just all the added stuff? The game felt very similar to Madden to me, but the recruiting is what set it apart. Can't wait for that revival.
The gameplay was smoother too, with less crap.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Yeah, the core gameplay was definitely better on the NCAA games.

I'm pretty sure that's because they focused more on the gameplay itself and not as much on all the flashy dumb shit that they thought they could market like they do with Madden.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, the core gameplay was definitely better on the NCAA games.

I'm pretty sure that's because they focused more on the gameplay itself and not as much on all the flashy dumb shit that they thought they could market like they do with Madden.
Part of that is a trend with video games that is a cash grab. Like hey, buy this Madden pack and create the ultimate team. Or you can grind and keep opening virtual packs hoping for a sweet historical Dez Bryant gold. They created that whole new system but in my opinion it was just a cash grab. And took a lot of devoted time for a mode that is kind of trash in my opinion. I can't remember exactly how all that worked but it was mostly dumb in my opinion.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
Does anyone else still feel ripped off for buying Madden year after year expecting big improvements when all we really had to do was yearly roster updates?

Has it gotten better?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Does anyone else still feel ripped off for buying Madden year after year expecting big improvements when all we really had to do was yearly roster updates?

Has it gotten better?
I used to do this. Hell I used to get excited for it's release. Same thing with NCAA Football, I'd get it the day it came out every year until they shut it down. I stopped doing that with Madden a long time ago now. It's sad because I really use to enjoy playing video game football. But haven't played in years. I've given up on Madden, I doubt I'm going back without dramatic changes. So I'm clinging to the hope of the return of NCAA Football now. I'll definitely buy it and see what happens.

Hell I remember back in the day I'd have NCAA Football and then export the draft classes and use those for drafts in Madden Franchise mode. I must have played a lot of football to do that.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I think the last time I bought Madden it was 2019, maybe even before that. It did have Mahomes in the game. I played it against the computer for a few games, logged online, got whipped by some cheesing 12 year old who told me in chat that my own mother sported a cock and that has been about it for me since.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Maybe this means they lose their monopoly and realize paying a bunch of people for a shit game is not financially smart.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
That or they realize they can slap a 2024 on the cover, change names and rosters and not do a damn thing to improve the game with 6% less employees. Which is what they have been doing for years.
Perhaps, but I heard they were looking to make wholesale changes to the franchise, which is at least encouraging rhetoric. This may be step 1 towards that; at least it's a sign that their assertion they wanted to make changes isn't COMPLETELY empty.

Whether those changes end up being positive or mostly empty or completely negative remains to be seen.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Perhaps, but I heard they were looking to make wholesale changes to the franchise, which is at least encouraging rhetoric. This may be step 1 towards that; at least it's a sign that their assertion they wanted to make changes isn't COMPLETELY empty.

Whether those changes end up being positive or mostly empty or completely negative remains to be seen.
Yeah this is my hope too. Get rid of the people with the stale ideas who have been doing the same thing year after year. Bring in a little fresh blood who can take a different perspective on the whole thing.

Top Bottom