Video Game Chatter

Sheik

DCC 4Life
The DCC madden league was fun while it lasted. If I remember right it fizzled out after Rant passed.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I have no fucking idea what you are talking about.
Valve, the company that owns the digital storefront that dominates PC gaming known as Steam, has created a portable, handheld gaming device so that you can play all your steam games on the go instead of being tethered to your desk.

Think a game boy or a PS Vita but for your steam games.

And it can run thousands of the games in the Steam library already. It crushes the indie titles, stuff with lesser demanding graphics, but even advanced games like RDR2 and Elden Rung play on it just fine.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Valve, the company that owns the digital storefront that dominates PC gaming known as Steam, has created a portable, handheld gaming device so that you can play all your steam games on the go instead of being tethered to your desk.

Think a game boy or a PS Vita but for your steam games.

And it can run thousands of the games in the Steam library already. It crushes the indie titles, stuff with lesser demanding graphics, but even advanced games like RDR2 and Elden Rung play on it just fine.

I still have no fucking idea what you are talking about.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I'll believe it when I see it. I'm going to let others be the guinea pig this summer.

I think the last time I bought Madden was summer 2019.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I'll believe it when I see it. I'm going to let others be the guinea pig this summer.

I think the last time I bought Madden was summer 2019.

So long as the EA has the exclusive rights, Madden will remain a shit game.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Yep. You know goddamn well somebody is primed and ready to compete if they are ever allowed to.
The problem is the NFL.

Everybody hates EA and for good reason, but the NFL loves its exclusivity deals.

Just look at Sunday Ticket, for example.

Exclusive rights are why the NFL got into it with Jerry Jones in the 90s, remember?

They love to whore themselves out to the one and only highest bidder.

So while I'm no fan of EA, the biggest reason why we only have one NFL simulation game is the NFL and their greed.

They'd rather take the one guaranteed big check than to offer their services to multiple entities.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The problem is the NFL.

Everybody hates EA and for good reason, but the NFL loves its exclusivity deals.

Just look at Sunday Ticket, for example.

Exclusive rights are why the NFL got into it with Jerry Jones in the 90s, remember?

They love to whore themselves out to the one and only highest bidder.

So while I'm no fan of EA, the biggest reason why we only have one NFL simulation game is the NFL and their greed.

They'd rather take the one guaranteed big check than to offer their services to multiple entities.
I thought EA did well with NCAA football. Always loved that game more than Madden. I think they just need to try to be creative again. Of course without competition they had no one pushing them to do so.

Prodigal_Son

Resurrected
I thought EA did well with NCAA football. Always loved that game more than Madden. I think they just need to try to be creative again. Of course without competition they had no one pushing them to do so.
Did you love the gameplay of NCAA better or just all the added stuff? The game felt very similar to Madden to me, but the recruiting is what set it apart. Can't wait for that revival.

Top Bottom