Video Game Chatter

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've pre-installed it so I'll probably check it out on the release date.
Yeah I started down the rabbit hole last night. I'm not a PC gamer so using a keyboard and mouse is going to take some real getting used to. I'm considering just saying screw it and getting an Xbox controller to use with my PC. It's definitely going to be a game where I sit down and 3 hours flies by like nothing happened.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Yeah I started down the rabbit hole last night. I'm not a PC gamer so using a keyboard and mouse is going to take some real getting used to. I'm considering just saying screw it and getting an Xbox controller to use with my PC. It's definitely going to be a game where I sit down and 3 hours flies by like nothing happened.

I was traditionally a PC gamer and I still prefer it, but Xbox is just so much more convenient.

I'm really looking forward to starfield. Probably my most anticipated game coming out in quite a while, probably since fallout 4, which wound up being disappointing to me.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I was traditionally a PC gamer and I still prefer it, but Xbox is just so much more convenient.

I'm really looking forward to starfield. Probably my most anticipated game coming out in quite a while, probably since fallout 4, which wound up being disappointing to me.
It definitely looks awesome so far. I'm only about 3 hours in and just past the tutorial essentially. I haven't really scratched the surface of all the stuff in it yet. It looks beautiful on the new PC I bought though.

Smitty

DCC 4Life

I feel a lot of Fallout 4 in Starfield so far.

Just a heads up.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I feel a lot of Fallout 4 in Starfield so far.

Just a heads up.

My issue with fallout 4 wasn't really the gameplay, I enjoyed it for a while. I hated, hated, hated the main storyline though.

First, doing side quests, which is often the best part of Bethesda games, kind of breaks immersion because you're trying to find your son so it makes no sense that you would get distracted by 500 different side quests and factions and whatnot.

Second, once you get to a certain point in the main quest, there are really no good choices because
your son is the leader of the faction that kidnapped him (and in my opinion the most evil faction in the game). So your choices come down to joining the evil faction that kidnapped your (now dying) son, or turn you back on him. Terrible.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Yeah the story in Fallout 4 sucked. It may have been possible to write some of the urgency out of it, but they didn’t. And on top of that the ending presented no good choice like you said. But the writing, dialogue and voice acting were all terrible too. And too many of the mechanics are just stale feeling. They have the open world going for them but too much else is… too bland.

In Starfield there isn’t really even an open world. There’s a ton of procedurally generated mini sandboxes.

Top Bottom