Video Game Chatter

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I tried to get one as well and had the same result as you guys. In the cart and then yanked out at checkout. I was :mad for about 5 seconds until rationality took over. If I had been trying to buy one for my daughter instead of no reason at all I’d have been really annoyed.
I think the word you were looking for is rationale.

:tippytoe

Cotton

Staff member
You wouldn’t think that if you looked in the dictionary. :art
I know rationality is a word, but I'm fairly sure rationale fits that sentence better.

Foobio

DCC 4Life

DontCryWolfe

DCC 4Life
Went to Best Buy today for somrthing. Found out while there they had the PS5 amd Xbox in stock. So just got my PS5...
What’s your TV setup? I’m dying for the next gen, but until I can feel like I can maximize it with the proper screen i’m holding off. Just curious to see what you have and what difference you’ve seen thus far.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have an LG OLED tv. The ultra thin kind. So far it looks impressive but the best is yet to come. I've seen the Demon Souls PS5 version videos and the graphics look insane. I'm looking forward to buying Cyber Punk

DontCryWolfe

DCC 4Life
I have an LG OLED tv. The ultra thin kind. So far it looks impressive but the best is yet to come. I've seen the Demon Souls PS5 version videos and the graphics look insane. I'm looking forward to buying Cyber Punk
Cyber Punk, the great Unicorn. I remember my Army buddies being jacked about that game in 2014 when the first trailer hit. I have high hopes, but after Destiny and Mass Effect Andromeda, I have learned to taper expectations. Its almost like im a Cowboys fan.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Cyber Punk, the great Unicorn. I remember my Army buddies being jacked about that game in 2014 when the first trailer hit. I have high hopes, but after Destiny and Mass Effect Andromeda, I have learned to taper expectations. Its almost like im a Cowboys fan.
Yeah I'm starting with Assasins Creed Valhala. Who doesn't love some vikings shit. Looks pretty amazing.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I got the LG CX just for this.

It's amazing!

And Demon Souls looks unreal on it.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sorry gents. My life belongs to Cyberpunk 2077 now.
Haha let me know how it is. I really wish they had the PS5 version ready to go right now. Although I know I can still play the PS4 version and upgrade later.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Haha let me know how it is. I really wish they had the PS5 version ready to go right now. Although I know I can still play the PS4 version and upgrade later.
I'm only about 1-2 hours in, including time spent character customizing. It's pretty in depth (the customization) but not unheard of levels. One thing they have that I've literally never seen before is dick customization. You have options for size, and also circumcised vs uncircumcised. You can leave that option blank on the creation screen and your dude wears boxers, or, you can turn on editing for his junk and poof, there go the boxers. Schlong hanging out for the world to see.

So far it's been tricky to get it running with good performance/results. I have a 2000-series Nvidia RTX graphics card (RTX 2080 Super) which was essentially about the second or third best consumer graphics card on the market before the 3000 series just released (RTX 3070, 3080, and 3090). And yet even at 4k "high" settings (not ultra) it was chugging along at 28-32 fps (which is very clunky on a PC.... generally it doesn't feel smooth unless you can get routinely over 30-35 fps at least). But then I realized the 2000 (and 3000) series have a feature called DLSS, which I turned on, and it shot right up to 60 fps. I can even turn on Ray Tracing at medium levels and get about 45 fps, which is not as nice as 60 fps but is still very smooth.

Other things - acting, dialogue, and writing all seem very good so far. The menus and HUD are kinda a cluttered mess, but it was the same with the Witcher 3 and CDPR eventually released updates to streamline those things and make them better. The systems seem very complex and are gonna take time to learn and master. Weapons and gunplay all seem good - weapon sound/report are impactful and loud, the combat seems relatively fluid. It's not a shooter with mechanics like COD - but for an RPG it feels good. Explosions are kinda mind blowingly awesome looking. I expect that when you see it on PS5 on a 4k TV it will feel VERY VERY next gen in terms of graphics.

Cotton

Staff member
One thing they have that I've literally never seen before is dick customization. You have options for size, and also circumcised vs uncircumcised. You can leave that option blank on the creation screen and your dude wears boxers, or, you can turn on editing for his junk and poof, there go the boxers. Schlong hanging out for the world to see.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I'm only about 1-2 hours in, including time spent character customizing. It's pretty in depth (the customization) but not unheard of levels. One thing they have that I've literally never seen before is dick customization. You have options for size, and also circumcised vs uncircumcised. You can leave that option blank on the creation screen and your dude wears boxers, or, you can turn on editing for his junk and poof, there go the boxers. Schlong hanging out for the world to see.
What in the fuck is going on in here? WHY would you want to do this? To see this?

Did you lose a bet or something?

Smitty

DCC 4Life
What in the fuck is going on in here? WHY would you want to do this? To see this?

I haven’t gotten to this in the game but apparently there is relatively graphic first person sex scenes. But I think I could have made do without a junk customizer option. Still, I guess that is why they give people the option. Also, just to say, “look at us, look how much detail we have!” Kinda like the horse testicles in RDR2.

Smitty

DCC 4Life

I haven’t gotten to this in the game but apparently there is relatively graphic first person sex scenes. But I think I could have made do without a junk customizer option. Still, I guess that is why they give people the option. Also, just to say, “look at us, look how much detail we have!” Kinda like the horse testicles in RDR2.

Top Bottom