Video Game Chatter

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's entirely subjective. For me, Bethesda trumps everything in gaming except possibly CD Projekt Red. I'd have zero interest in a console that didn't offer Bethesda games.
Yep that's where I'm at. And frankly don't care about Game Pass or any of that shit. The counsels so close in terms of performance I don't care about that either.

I buy these things for big games I can sink a lot of hours into like Witcher, Skyrim and Fallout. I lose interest in other games too quickly.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
It's definitely a game changer because it looked like Sony was going to crush Xbox on sales of the new counsels. To me this creates an opening for Xbox to make a serious move. Not sure why they wouldn't leverage it as an exclusive. But maybe the sales of the games makes more sense.
I would guess a timed exclusive rather than an exclusive forever. And I think they will all still be on PC.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
So what are/have you guys been playing?

I recently started becoming more active after hitting the only real down period of my adult life for gaming.

I love this stuff and always have, but between late 2018 and spring of this year, I think I completed 2 single player games from start to finish and I went from playing 5 days a week to only playing once or twice at most.

Some weeks I didn't play at all.

I finally started to get back into it around March/April when Nioh 2 released followed by Ghost of Tsushima. I started playing a little Battlefied again but man, that game is bad now. It's a shame what they've done to that franchise.

I got a PS5 so I'm just waiting for that and I'm looking forward to playing Cyberpunk on it, but after that, I don't see anything else in 2020 that appeals to me.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Been playing Red Dead Online a bunch, and then going back and playing some older games I never got to - COD WW2, Wolfenstein the New Order, some retro games.

I'm definitely readying myself for the plunge into Cyberpunk 2077 in November.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Been playing Red Dead Online a bunch, and then going back and playing some older games I never got to - COD WW2, Wolfenstein the New Order, some retro games.

I'm definitely readying myself for the plunge into Cyberpunk 2077 in November.
I tried RDR 2 a couple months ago. For all the hype it got I just can't get into it. (For the record I never played the first one so maybe that would've helped.)

Genghis Khan

So what are/have you guys been playing?

I recently started becoming more active after hitting the only real down period of my adult life for gaming.

I love this stuff and always have, but between late 2018 and spring of this year, I think I completed 2 single player games from start to finish and I went from playing 5 days a week to only playing once or twice at most.

Some weeks I didn't play at all.

I finally started to get back into it around March/April when Nioh 2 released followed by Ghost of Tsushima. I started playing a little Battlefied again but man, that game is bad now. It's a shame what they've done to that franchise.

I got a PS5 so I'm just waiting for that and I'm looking forward to playing Cyberpunk on it, but after that, I don't see anything else in 2020 that appeals to me.

I think Cyberpunk is going to be awesome. I'm a little disappointed at the shorter main storyline though. I don't think the Witcher 3 is too long.

The main game I'm playing right now is Fallout 4. I was really getting into it and loving the game until the twist - so to speak - happened. I'm probably going to finish it just to finish it, but I've been pretty disappointed in the direction of the story. It's fun otherwise.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
No, it's a prequel, playing the first not necessary.

You are just a heathen.
Sad to say I loved RDR2. My daughter was born February 1 of last year and never finished it. I find that the only video game time I have right now is on the Nintendo Switch but I've enjoyed playing some Zelda Breath of the Wild.

I'd love to say that all might change as my daughter gets older but it's not looking good with another on the way.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Sad to say I loved RDR2. My daughter was born February 1 of last year and never finished it. I find that the only video game time I have right now is on the Nintendo Switch but I've enjoyed playing some Zelda Breath of the Wild.

I'd love to say that all might change as my daughter gets older but it's not looking good with another on the way.
You just need to stay up late nights after everyone goes to sleep. That's what I did/do. I've got a 4 year old and a 2 year old.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
You just need to stay up late nights after everyone goes to sleep. That's what I did/do. I've got a 4 year old and a 2 year old.
Yeah that's what my friends tell me to do as well. But my little one usually stays up until 9:30 or so. Doesn't leave much time after that.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Yeah that's what my friends tell me to do as well. But my little one usually stays up until 9:30 or so. Doesn't leave much time after that.
10-12 sounds like ample time :)

Two or three times a week should be fine with your wife

Genghis Khan

Yep that's what I do. And my kid stays up pretty late, like 10 or 11. I just try to grab an hour or so after that to decompress, then bed.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Yup, got a PS5.
Did you pre-order?

I got a good laugh at all the people who tried buy one on launch day. You had to be extremely lucky to get your hands on one on day 1 without pre-ordering.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Did you pre-order?

I got a good laugh at all the people who tried buy one on launch day. You had to be extremely lucky to get your hands on one on day 1 without pre-ordering.
Yeah I figured I would try on the Walmart site. It just kept crashing everytime more were released. Miss the good old days of people standing in line at Best Buy for their chance. I'm ok waiting. I'm still not totally sold I'll get a PS5 anyway. I'm seriously considering switching for the first time in my life. But ultimately I'll probably pick up a PS5 as soon as they are more readily available. Usually bundles come not far behind.

Top Bottom