Video Game Chatter

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Super frustrating but a simple solution is, stop buying from scalpers and they will stop doing it.

Same thing is happening with graphics cards, you just cannot get your hands on a new series graphics card at launch these days. People know that consumers who love to play video games are willing to pay way more than MSRP to get the newest thing. The companies can’t get away with charging street prices from the get go - if Sony tried to sell their console for $1200 they’d be roasted in the press, but anonymous EBay users can list it for that price without repercussion.

Another way to stop this might be to get mainstream third party re-sellers to agree not to host listings for re-sales for 180 days after launch or something.... Amazon, EBay, Facebook marketplace, etc. At the end of the day you cannot prevent random Craigslist users from listing, but if you knocked those entries off the places where people go to shop (or Amazon and EBay), the black market probably collapses substantially. Much harder for the scalpers to re-sell if they have to do it all in person on craigs list and cannot avail themselves of the seller protections on Amazon and EBay.

All Sony and Microsoft have to do is convince Amazon not to list third party sales for these consoles for a limited time after release.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Haha let me know how it is. I really wish they had the PS5 version ready to go right now. Although I know I can still play the PS4 version and upgrade later.
I knew this game was going to be super buggy because I don't believe it was meant to run on PS4/XB1 gen hardware.

I'll just wait for the full PS5 release to get it.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I knew this game was going to be super buggy because I don't believe it was meant to run on PS4/XB1 gen hardware.

I'll just wait for the full PS5 release to get it.
Yep, that's where I am at. I think it will ultimately be an awesome game but I'm in no rush. I've got Valhala to play for now.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Yep, that's where I am at. I think it will ultimately be an awesome game but I'm in no rush. I've got Valhala to play for now.
Yeah, with Demon Souls and some of the PS Plus backlog, I'll be fine.

I'm sure Cyberpunk in its full glory is a fantastic game, so I'd rather wait to play it when it's much closer to the intended experience than to play a much lesser and much buggier version now.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
After playing for a while I want to stress that it’s very good, it’s very buggy and I’m positive they will fix almost everything, it does need some general quality of life improvements like updating the menu, and lastly, that it reminds me absolutely not at all of the Witcher

If anything it reminds me a great deal of the Division. From its mission structure and city setting, right down to its weapons. Just add in more hacking and RP/character building elements. That’s not to say it’s bad - it’s a way better version of what the Division tried to do.

But it’s not revolutionary either. It’s a better Division.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
After playing for a while I want to stress that it’s very good, it’s very buggy and I’m positive they will fix almost everything, it does need some general quality of life improvements like updating the menu, and lastly, that it reminds me absolutely not at all of the Witcher

If anything it reminds me a great deal of the Division. From its mission structure and city setting, right down to its weapons. Just add in more hacking and RP/character building elements. That’s not to say it’s bad - it’s a way better version of what the Division tried to do.

But it’s not revolutionary either. It’s a better Division.
It damn sure is revolutionary. I mean, being able to give yourself a huge dick is pretty cool.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Lot of outrage right now being directed at CDPR over Cyberpunk 2077, but I'll be honest, a lot of it is piling on and the internet masses getting all riled up against a villain like they normally do.

The game has it's bug problems for sure, and it for sure was released too early for PS4/Xbox One consoles. The game is mostly fine on PC - it does have bugs, but most games have bugs at launch and then are patched out over time. An all timer like RDR2 is no exception to that as it also had a very buggy launch on PC.

Granted, it does look like they knew the game was not running well on the last-gen consoles, which is why they did not offer review codes for those consoles, only on PC, and their refusal to allow review footage even of PC gameplay pre-release is relatively indicting that they knew they had a mess on their hands.

But there are separate complaints being leveled at the company for "lying," about game features, but this is where the entitled-ness of the 15 year old spoiled brats who make up the majority of the gaming industry really starts to get out of control. When the bugs are fixed, this will be a good game. Every fricking triple-A developer over-promises and then under-delivers, the Witcher 3 was no different as it had criticisms of graphics downgrading thrown at it after it launched. Many reviewers are trying to accuse CDPR of lying about what the game actually is.

In this sense people really need to look in the mirror and say "I am disappointed that this game isn't what I hoped it was, but that is my fault and not the company's." They allowed the hype machine to blow them away when in reality if they aren't willing to take the risk that the final game isn't what they want, they should stop pre-ordering and wait and see before buying.

I still think it's a good game, like I said, even though I just recently finished the first act (which is like a super-extended tutorial or intro, and apparently the game opens up a good deal hereafter), my comparison is a better version of the Division, which was not a bad game either. Unfortunately, it falls well short of the gold standard set by the Witcher 3 as one of the greatest RPGs and games of all time, but while I'm disappointed it wasn't even better than that, I am not angry either. It's still a game I'm enjoying a lot and I'm gonna spend plenty of time with.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Lot of outrage right now being directed at CDPR over Cyberpunk 2077, but I'll be honest, a lot of it is piling on and the internet masses getting all riled up against a villain like they normally do.

The game has it's bug problems for sure, and it for sure was released too early for PS4/Xbox One consoles. The game is mostly fine on PC - it does have bugs, but most games have bugs at launch and then are patched out over time. An all timer like RDR2 is no exception to that as it also had a very buggy launch on PC.

Granted, it does look like they knew the game was not running well on the last-gen consoles, which is why they did not offer review codes for those consoles, only on PC, and their refusal to allow review footage even of PC gameplay pre-release is relatively indicting that they knew they had a mess on their hands.

But there are separate complaints being leveled at the company for "lying," about game features, but this is where the entitled-ness of the 15 year old spoiled brats who make up the majority of the gaming industry really starts to get out of control. When the bugs are fixed, this will be a good game. Every fricking triple-A developer over-promises and then under-delivers, the Witcher 3 was no different as it had criticisms of graphics downgrading thrown at it after it launched. Many reviewers are trying to accuse CDPR of lying about what the game actually is.

In this sense people really need to look in the mirror and say "I am disappointed that this game isn't what I hoped it was, but that is my fault and not the company's." They allowed the hype machine to blow them away when in reality if they aren't willing to take the risk that the final game isn't what they want, they should stop pre-ordering and wait and see before buying.

I still think it's a good game, like I said, even though I just recently finished the first act (which is like a super-extended tutorial or intro, and apparently the game opens up a good deal hereafter), my comparison is a better version of the Division, which was not a bad game either. Unfortunately, it falls well short of the gold standard set by the Witcher 3 as one of the greatest RPGs and games of all time, but while I'm disappointed it wasn't even better than that, I am not angry either. It's still a game I'm enjoying a lot and I'm gonna spend plenty of time with.
I think ultimately it will prove to be a great game. But I'm waiting for now to let them iron stuff out for the PS5 release before I start playing it. I think the problem was obviously the insane expectations that were nearly impossible to live up to. I'm not sure it ever should have been released on the ps4 for example. The game just isn't designed for it and the PS4 clearly can't handle it. They should have waited and just released it on the PS5 and Xbox Series X (Whatever the new system is called). Those systems will run it much better and the bugs will be worked out by the time they are released. At that point I'm sure I'll really enjoy playing the game. Hell I waited on Witcher 3 until you basically told me I had to play it. By the time I played it I had no expectations and the game was amazing. I expect something similar in this instance. With no other real connection to Witcher.

DontCryWolfe

DCC 4Life
I think ultimately it will prove to be a great game. But I'm waiting for now to let them iron stuff out for the PS5 release before I start playing it. I think the problem was obviously the insane expectations that were nearly impossible to live up to. I'm not sure it ever should have been released on the ps4 for example. The game just isn't designed for it and the PS4 clearly can't handle it. They should have waited and just released it on the PS5 and Xbox Series X (Whatever the new system is called). Those systems will run it much better and the bugs will be worked out by the time they are released. At that point I'm sure I'll really enjoy playing the game. Hell I waited on Witcher 3 until you basically told me I had to play it. By the time I played it I had no expectations and the game was amazing. I expect something similar in this instance. With no other real connection to Witcher.
I agree on waiting, but this game was delayed and pushed back so many times I’m sure they felt a ton of pressure, especially for the holiday season.
I mean, this game was teased and revealed back in 2014. That’s their problem to be sure, but im sure stockholders became an issue for CDPR.

tpayne1987

Brand New Member
Who else played anything that they could get their hands on during quarantine? I tried everything new that came out (I might be exaggerating, but you get the point), I was so impressed with the new Assasins' Creed and the Walking Dead that came out this year. I want to start Senren Banka (Iamtdg removed this link as it didn't look safe) after Christmas (don't judge, haha). I also had about a month in which I played all of my childhood games that I could remember. It was pretty fun.

Last edited by a moderator:

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I could only get my hands on myself, but did have my hands full.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
EA is such a garbage company, they remove features everyone wants, add features no one wants, and never do basic commonsense things that would be relatively easy to implement in this day and age.

Xbox games are basically PC games these days. Madden has made it to PC. You think EA could be bothered to port their NHL game over to PC for like zero dollars or effort?

Naw.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member

Total cheese.

This is why Madden needs competition.

Or better yet bring back NCAA14.
The last NCAA that I own is NCAA12 on PS3. I have my PS3 set up in my guest bedroom. I might fire it up sometime in the near future to relive the good old days.

Top Bottom