Video Game Chatter

DontCryWolfe

DCC 4Life
Until I upgrade my TV (older Samsung 4k) i’m going to hold off on the new console. Not to mention i’m a huge Halo fan, so I don’t feel the urge to get one quite yet.

I did hear that the new COD’s campaign was refreshingly fun, though I did enjoy the last one, too.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Yeah I figured I would try on the Walmart site. It just kept crashing everytime more were released. Miss the good old days of people standing in line at Best Buy for their chance. I'm ok waiting. I'm still not totally sold I'll get a PS5 anyway. I'm seriously considering switching for the first time in my life. But ultimately I'll probably pick up a PS5 as soon as they are more readily available. Usually bundles come not far behind.
I made the switch for a few years. After years of being a Playstation guy, I bought an X-Box 360 in 2007 and only gamed on it until 2010. In 2010 I bought a PS3 and have only gamed on Playstations since. The main reason I ended up going back to Playstation was because a lot of my favorite titles were PS exclusives.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I made the switch for a few years. After years of being a Playstation guy, I bought an X-Box 360 in 2007 and only gamed on it until 2010. In 2010 I bought a PS3 and have only gamed on Playstations since. The main reason I ended up going back to Playstation was because a lot of my favorite titles were PS exclusives.
I think the Bethesda thing has me a little worried. But it's probably years away from a big time release anyway.

DontCryWolfe

DCC 4Life
I think the Bethesda thing has me a little worried. But it's probably years away from a big time release anyway.
In my opinion, and I am an Xbox guy, the Bethesda thing isn’t the biggest deal because of the direct dividends that it will pay, which as you said isn’t until years down the line, it’s the indication that Microsoft is finally showing a real commitment to throwing its money around. Despite the long term success of Playstation, Sony‘s revenue isn’t even a drop in the pond compared to MS’s. The sheer amount of developers they have acquired the past year or so and the willingness to sell the Series X at a considerable loss considering the hardware that’s inside tells me they have firmly planted their foot in the ground and will do what it takes to dominate the market.

As i’ve already said, Sony’s failure to launch a Game Pass equivalent will be one of their biggest blunders. Their exclusives still outpace that of Xbox, but I wonder how long even that advantage will carry into the next generation.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
In my opinion, and I am an Xbox guy, the Bethesda thing isn’t the biggest deal because of the direct dividends that it will pay, which as you said isn’t until years down the line, it’s the indication that Microsoft is finally showing a real commitment to throwing its money around. Despite the long term success of Playstation, Sony‘s revenue isn’t even a drop in the pond compared to MS’s. The sheer amount of developers they have acquired the past year or so and the willingness to sell the Series X at a considerable loss considering the hardware that’s inside tells me they have firmly planted their foot in the ground and will do what it takes to dominate the market.

As i’ve already said, Sony’s failure to launch a Game Pass equivalent will be one of their biggest blunders. Their exclusives still outpace that of Xbox, but I wonder how long even that advantage will carry into the next generation.
Yeah Game pass doesn't move the needle for me. The hardware of the xbox seems slightly better. In terms of looks and the controllers I like the PS5 better. I'm just used to Playstation so I'll probably stick with it but this is the closest I've come to switching. And a few years down the road I may end up with both.

DontCryWolfe

DCC 4Life
Yeah Game pass doesn't move the needle for me. The hardware of the xbox seems slightly better. In terms of looks and the controllers I like the PS5 better. I'm just used to Playstation so I'll probably stick with it but this is the closest I've come to switching. And a few years down the road I may end up with both.
I just love the value. As i’ve gotten older, games don’t do it for me like they did before. Being able to essentially try stuff out is pretty invaluable, as long as there is a title or two that you have downloaded that you always play. I’m on the Master Chief Collection all the time as a Halo fanatic, so in a way it pays for itself.

However, there are a ton of games I know i’m missing out on with PS. Has anyone here played Spider-man?

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Did you pre-order?

I got a good laugh at all the people who tried buy one on launch day. You had to be extremely lucky to get your hands on one on day 1 without pre-ordering.
So on the very first day they went on sale, I struck out everywhere except Best Buy.

I kept refreshing and refreshing and refreshing hoping to finally purchase one. I tried for almost 5 hours straight until I finally saw that it was sold out and gave up.

For some reason, my wife decided to start trying on Best Buy for me as well and she kept going even after I gave up. I told her it was pointless since it was now showing "sold out".

About 10 or 15 minutes after that her purchase goes through and here I am sitting with a PS5.

:towel

Hooray for awesome wives.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
So on the very first day they went on sale, I struck out everywhere except Best Buy.

I kept refreshing and refreshing and refreshing hoping to finally purchase one. I tried for almost 5 hours straight until I finally saw that it was sold out and gave up.

For some reason, my wife decided to start trying on Best Buy for me as well and she kept going even after I gave up. I told her it was pointless since it was now showing "sold out".

About 10 or 15 minutes after that her purchase goes through and here I am sitting with a PS5.

Yeah that's pretty cool and super lucky.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member

Lucky son of a bitch. :lol

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I'd really like to get one or the other... but I think I'm gonna invest in a RTX 3080 instead, as soon as I can get one.

Foobio

DCC 4Life
Heads up...Walmart.com is showing availability tomorrow for both platforms at 3pm ET.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Heads up...Walmart.com is showing availability tomorrow for both platforms at 3pm ET.
Got it in my cart. Got to the very last screen and got a message that they are out of stock when I clicked to finalize it. So close... Oh well more waiting.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Same here... was gonna get one just to flip it
Yeah I was going to just keep it but my wife was getting very annoyed that I'd spend 500 on something I have no time to play. By the end I got excited and then sad to the point that she felt bad for me instead.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Yeah I was going to just keep it but my wife was getting very annoyed that I'd spend 500 on something I have no time to play. By the end I got excited and then sad to the point that she felt bad for me instead.
You work hard for your money, don't apologize lol

That's why you get two and then have one subsidize the other.... make a second walmart account

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
You work hard for your money, don't apologize lol

That's why you get two and then have one subsidize the other.... make a second walmart account
Haha yeah I couldn't even get one much less two. But I was trying on 2 computers at once.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Got it in my cart. Got to the very last screen and got a message that they are out of stock when I clicked to finalize it. So close... Oh well more waiting.
They are making a mistake by announcing the exact time that they are going on sale because it allows those assholes who setup their bots to purchase them immediately and gives the regular Joes almost no chance.

They need to announce the day that they are going to do it but not the actual time.

Foobio

DCC 4Life
I tried to get one as well and had the same result as you guys. In the cart and then yanked out at checkout. I was :mad for about 5 seconds until rationality took over. If I had been trying to buy one for my daughter instead of no reason at all I’d have been really annoyed.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I tried to get one as well and had the same result as you guys. In the cart and then yanked out at checkout. I was :mad for about 5 seconds until rationality took over. If I had been trying to buy one for my daughter instead of no reason at all I’d have been really annoyed.
I mean once it gets put in the fucking cart it should pull it out of inventory. But what do I know. This whole online shit is obnoxious. The problem is Walmarts site sucks but it's been my best chance so far.

Top Bottom