Underclassmen Declaring - 2024 Draft

shoop

Semi-contributing member
IMG_1174.jpegIf this is anywhere close to true, I’d take the kid in a heartbeat.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Less heralded of the two Washington WR's but gosh every time I saw a play being made this dude seemed to be making it. Of Course Odunze is bigger and was even more productive and will likely be going in the top 10 of the draft.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Less heralded of the two Washington WR's but gosh every time I saw a play being made this dude seemed to be making it. Of Course Odunze is bigger and was even more productive and will likely be going in the top 10 of the draft.
It’s a very deep WR draft. The talent is at WR and o-line this year.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Big WRs too this year. Crazy because there was almost no size at receiver last year.
Size at WR is such an overrated trait. And when I say "size" I mean that height and weight profile.

You can have a shorter little shit like Deebo and get better results than some guy like Quinton Johnston.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Size at WR is such an overrated trait. And when I say "size" I mean that height and weight profile.

You can have a shorter little shit like Deebo and get better results than some guy like Quinton Johnston.
I absolutely agree with you. Especially the way NFL rules don't allow defenders to get too physical. I still think route running and separation are the most important traits.

I just think it's crazy how you can go from a year where none of the top guys touch 6'2" to this year where basically all the top guys are 6'2" or above.

Prodigal_Son

Resurrected
Javon Baker declared, making the WR draft even deeper. His body control and concentration to make a tough catch are a rare trait.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
"Superstar" :lol

Also, first ever white cornerback in the first round? Um, I don't think so.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
These schools don't make enough money to make firm offers that compete with the NFL.
You know this. I know this. But there are still a ton of dimwits out there who think that a top prospect would stay anyway.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
These schools don't make enough money to make firm offers that compete with the NFL.
Yeah and they can't compete with the signing bonus and guaranteed money of the NFL. Sure maybe they can pay a dude millions for one year. But guys in the NFL get 5 figure signing bonuses. The top pick in the draft last year got like a 26 mil signing bonus and a guaranteed deal of 40+ million. Colleges can't compete with that. And in college if you get hurt, it's done with no parachute.

Top Bottom