Underclassmen Declaring - 2024 Draft

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Everyone other than McCarthy should declare. McCarthy isn't ready for the NFL.
Yeah I actually agree with you although I think you have some personal reasons to say that about McCarthy. But the truth is another year of playing would be good for him. I do believe that live game reps mean a lot to a QB's success in the NFL. Having a third full year as a starter I think would help him tremendously. Besides he is what maybe the fifth best QB in this draft? If he waits another year he has a chance to keep climbing that to a better spot. It's what him, Ewers and Sanders for the top spot? Certainly he could rank near the top of the QB list.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Yeah I actually agree with you although I think you have some personal reasons to say that about McCarthy. But the truth is another year of playing would be good for him. I do believe that live game reps mean a lot to a QB's success in the NFL. Having a third full year as a starter I think would help him tremendously. Besides he is what maybe the fifth best QB in this draft? If he waits another year he has a chance to keep climbing that to a better spot. It's what him, Ewers and Sanders for the top spot? Certainly he could rank near the top of the QB list.
I'm basing it on his play. I love his calm and his personality, but he's not ready. If people are honest with themselves, then they'd admit that he's no better than a 3rd-4th round pick based on how he's played over the last 6-7 games. He needs more starts under his belt.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm basing it on his play. I love his calm and his personality, but he's not ready. If people are honest with themselves, then they'd admit that he's no better than a 3rd-4th round pick based on how he's played over the last 6-7 games. He needs more starts under his belt.
Yeah I think to some extent it's the Michigan offense. If you throw him on Washington's offense for example he would put up much bigger numbers. He has good size, a good arm, and good athletic ability. I'd say in this draft he is probably a second round QB. With another year of seasoning I think he could be a first round pick.

Of course a lot depends on Harbaugh. Michigan is losing a good amount of talent this year. If Harbaugh also leaves I think McCarthy has to consider bolting. But if Harbaugh stays I absolutely think another year of tutelage would be tremendous for him.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
That guy may have a blue check, but I have discovered he is full of shit.

Do yourself a favor and block him.

Like the Giants version of Tom Downey.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
That guy may have a blue check, but I have discovered he is full of shit.

Do yourself a favor and block him.

Like the Giants version of Tom Downey.

Done.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Meet our next second round draft pick. We will give Taco Mazi the comfort he needs next to him.
Well he has the bloodlines. You may remember his father of a similar name playing DT for the Panthers. It's weird when you remember the draft of the father and now see the draft of the son. Reminds me I'm getting old.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Well he has the bloodlines. You may remember his father of a similar name playing DT for the Panthers. It's weird when you remember the draft of the father and now see the draft of the son. Reminds me I'm getting old.
Jenkins was a damn good interior nose. And yes, it is jarring when you consider the age thing.

Top Bottom