Training Camp Thread...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
We are over 60 posts into the TC thread, and haven't had a single practice yet. I'd say this entire board is just a bit football starved. :lol

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Bubble watch: The Cowboys don’t appear to have a lot of position battles to be won in training camp, and they don’t appear to have many veterans on the roster bubble with camp about to start.
We see this seemingly every year, and it drives me nuts. If you said this about the 1993 Cowboys, it would make sense, but not this gang. Despite years of mediocrity, there are next to no jobs are up for grabs. Everything's great, and everyone's comfortable.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
We see this seemingly every year, and it drives me nuts. If you said this about the 1993 Cowboys, it would make sense, but not this gang. Despite years of mediocrity, there are next to no jobs are up for grabs. Everything's great, and everyone's comfortable.
There's an article topic for Booze.

Cotton

Staff member
Troubled Dallas Cowboys DT David Irving is not reporting to start of training camp
Apparently, this is because he is in a rehab facility.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
It's tough for a guy to get sole custody of a kid, so props for that.

But damn it, man...get your shit together and go make that $.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
And this is why I was on-board with drafting a 3T in the 1st if the opportunity presented itself.

This guy will be on the roster just as long as it'll take for us to replace him, and not a day longer.

Cotton

Staff member
What? Where’s this coming from?

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Right.

I know he's only 2 years into his career, but I don't think Dak will ever be a great passer. I just think you can just see it with some guys, and I don't see that type of ability in him.

Having said that, I think he can definitely be a good player at the position but it's going to require the right coaching and tutelage and you just don't get the feeling that he has that in Dallas.

Do not underestimate the effect Romo had on him in 2016. Unfortunately, there is no one with that sort of wisdom on the team in any capacity right now. So I would temper expectations when it comes to Dak Prescott in 2018.
Very much how I feel.

Alex Smith is the template.

Smith was not good until Harbaugh and Reid got him.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Some of the difference in Daks play from 16-17 is because Dak had number 9 helping him one year and a bunch of fruitcakes helping him the next year.
And Sanchez too.

Dak really should have a real veteran behind him right now, and should have last year.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Very much how I feel.

Alex Smith is the template.

Smith was not good until Harbaugh and Reid got him.
Funny you say that because that is exactly who I told my dad he was most likely to turn out like.

Alex Smith has been a solid NFL starter for most of the last 6 years or so, but one who is limited and needs the right things around him in order to truly succeed.

You're never going to win a SB putting it all on his or Dak's shoulders because they simply do possess that ability as a passer, but with good coaching and a damn good defense, you could possibly win a SB.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

:window

Cotton

Staff member
And Sanchez too.

Dak really should have a real veteran behind him right now, and should have last year.
Pssshaw, he has Kellen Moore. Is that not good enough for you, mister?

Cotton

Staff member

:window

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member