The Tyron Smith Injury Watch Thread...

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The thing is though, I don't see anyone getting cut who would necessarily be better than Fisher or Peters. Teams tend to not cut good OTs. I guess it doesn't hurt to wait a few days but still.

And honestly as I said before I think we need two tackles at this point so we could do both.
Yeah, if we were looking for a younger option for a swing tackle I could see waiting to see who is cut. Maybe get a guy who has some potential.

But we are now looking at needing a starting LT. To me you're not going to find a better free agent option later. No one is cutting a guy who is ready to start in the NFL at LT. Fisher and Peters are capable of starting in the NFL right now at LT. It all depends what you're looking for and looking for a young unproven OT with potential right now makes no sense. Go get the guy you know can do it.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The thing is though, I don't see anyone getting cut who would necessarily be better than Fisher or Peters. Teams tend to not cut good OTs. I guess it doesn't hurt to wait a few days but still.

And honestly as I said before I think we need two tackles at this point so we could do both.
Probably not, although I think waiting it out for a few days is fine.

Obviously it'll be a problem if they dick around and don't sign anybody as we get into next weekend since they'll probably just throw their hands up "because there isn't enough time before the opener" as an excuse to sit on their hands.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I really fucking hate this team sometimes. Why I even care anymore is beyond me.
I have to admit I would usually be excited to watch a game, now I am pretty apathetic.
People say this Every. Single. Year. Yet, here we still are.

And another favorite topic is laughing at the people that Jerry has fooled. Ever think that maybe we are those people that we love to laugh at?

• Props
Reactions: p1_

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

And another favorite topic is laughing at the people that Jerry has fooled. Ever think that maybe we are those people that we love to laugh at?
You're crabby.

But this is actually somewhat true. We all are still here even if we claim our fandom has faded.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Unless Dak is expected to see action tonight, the last game is usually the worst one.
I mean with 2 weeks off this last game is the one where you should play your guys. When there were 4 preseason games it was a little different. But especially now I won't be shocked to see no Lamb, Dak or Martin types.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
You're crabby.

But this is actually somewhat true. We all are still here even if we claim our fandom has faded.
How is that being crabby? Pointing out something true is being crabby? I included myself in there right along with everyone else.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life

Who? Prescott and Lamb? He means Elliott?:lol
If they don't do anything before the season they sure as shit will once there is another injury along the OL (any injury), because as soon as Ball/Waletzko go out there for a game or two Dak is going to get murdered and this moron will be talking about "looking in the mirror" and screaming into his pillow.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If they don't do anything before the season they sure as shit will once there is another injury along the OL (any injury), because as soon as Ball/Waletzko go out there for a game or two Dak is going to get murdered and this moron will be talking about "looking in the mirror" and screaming into his pillow.
But he said it's smart and logical.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

That's fair.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I love the rampant speculation. We know what will and won’t happen.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I'd gladly give up a 5 or 6 for even just a season of Wynn, although I'd attempt to re-sign him depending on his play since I think he could be a long-term piece at LG, with the versatility of operating as a swing tackle.

But there is a 0.0% chance these hillbilly fucks will give up a pick for a guy set to count $10 mil against the cap this year.

Not only does it immediately eat up half our cap space (less to roll over to 2023!), but it also takes away a mid-round pick who we can drag along on the roster for 4 years even if they suck because they're only making $800K/year.

Top Bottom