The Tyron Smith Injury Watch Thread...

Simpleton

DCC 4Life

I'm as big a Tyron fan as anyone but if this guy is popping a hamstring that costs him "months" on a non-contact injury simply running 5-10 yards upfield, he just needs to call it quits. His body is trying to tell him something and it'd probably be doing everyone involved a favor since the organization is kind of caught in between, trying to plan for a future without him but still hoping he can play in the interim.

Part of me is saying fuck it, just throw Tyler out there and let's see whether he can handle being our future LT, while the other part of me doesn't want to do him a disservice by throwing him out there after an entire TC/preseason at LG.

Either way, they still need to add a legit option at swing tackle, I'd even consider giving up a day 3 pick for Isaiah Wynn who could play LT or OG.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Torn hamstring per Schefter.

So that's now 2 OTs they need to add. And not just warm bodies. They actually need a couple of OTs who can legit play.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

I'm as big a Tyron fan as anyone but if this guy is popping a hamstring that costs him "months" on a non-contact injury simply running 5-10 yards upfield, he just needs to call it quits. His body is trying to tell him something and it'd probably be doing everyone involved a favor since the organization is kind of caught in between, trying to plan for a future without him but still hoping he can play in the interim.

Part of me is saying fuck it, just throw Tyler out there and let's see whether he can handle being our future LT, while the other part of me doesn't want to do him a disservice by throwing him out there after an entire TC/preseason at LG.

Either way, they still need to add a legit option at swing tackle, I'd even consider giving up a day 3 pick for Isaiah Wynn who could play LT or OG.
The Wynn trade is about the only legitimate option. Thing is with him though, he is hurt all of the time too.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
A few OT options.

Daryl Williams: Probably too expensive for Stephen's blood. A one year deal for a player of his caliber would probably cost around $8M. Bonus is he's a local product and we know how the Joneses love Dallas area players. He's the one I'd prefer to see brought in.

Eric Fisher: A cheaper option who'll be another year removed from that Achilles injury. Had an up and down year last year with the Colts. But it could be worth a gamble to bet on his health, experience, and moxie.

Brandon Shell: A player right up Stephen's alley. A player from the scratched and dented bargain bin. But he has a lot of starting experience, unfortunately I think it's all at RT.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Whitworth has probably lost 50 lbs already.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Add tackle to kicker and wide receiver as major problems that everyone could see coming except for the idiot hillbillies that run the team. Morons.
A natural function of team building is strengthen your losses. We intentionally made losses with both Collins and Cooper and just figured we would draft our way out of it.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Here come the excuses. Free agency was before the draft.

Oh, bullshit.

They didn't have to get rid of Collins. They could be sitting here with Collins and Steele and get by just fine.

Even with getting rid of Collins they could have replaced him in March. Instead they did nothing but dump talent with no replacement.

They've needed 3 tackles (at least) for about 5 straight years and they thought 1 and a half would be enough this season?

Straight up morons.

Top Bottom