The Outrage Thread

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
The problem isn’t the artifacts that are in place , it is the judicial system that needs to be uprooted and replaced.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

And, yes, he is being serious.

Smitty

DCC 4Life

Ben Shapiro is a big time conservative... I think he posted that tongue in cheek. Unless he's copying it from someone else who was being serious.

Cotton

Staff member
Ben Shapiro is a big time conservative... I think he posted that tongue in cheek. Unless he's copying it from someone else who was being serious.
Yes, he was copying it from someone else. What I meant by being serious is, he wasn't posting it as a parody. Someone actually said that.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life

Good grief...

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
and we're just a month away from the Left's "how to talk to your conservative uncle at Thanksgiving" manual

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
U OF ILLINOIS PROF: MATH IS RACIST
October 24, 2017 Daniel Greenfield 72
Share to Facebook10Share to TwitterShare to More130Share to Print

Everything is racist. Especially the stuff that the real racists are bad at.

Rochelle Gutierrez, a professor at the University of Illinois, made the claim in a new anthology for math teachers, arguing that, “On many levels, mathematics itself operates as Whiteness. Who gets credit for doing and developing mathematics, who is capable in mathematics, and who is seen as part of the mathematical community is generally viewed as White,”

Also who is capable of being a professor while having the writing skills of a third grader. Shall we unpack that knapsack?

But the working formula is any useful body of knowledge embodies white supremacy because it's actually useful.

Gutierrez also worries that algebra and geometry perpetuate privilege, fretting that “curricula emphasizing terms like Pythagorean theorem and pi perpetuate a perception that mathematics was largely developed by Greeks and other Europeans."

We must discover the "hidden figures" who really invented the Pythagorean theorem. Probably Trans Muslim women of color. I see a movie in it with Kevin Costner as Pythogaroas.

Math also helps actively perpetuate white privilege too, since the way our economy places a premium on math skills gives math a form of “unearned privilege” for math professors, who are disproportionately white.

"Unearned privilege" aside from their skill and knowledge. But it'a shame we don't place nearly as much of a premium on accusing math of being racist. Hopefully she can change that.

“Are we really that smart just because we do mathematics?” she asks, further wondering why math professors get more research grants than “social studies or English” professors.

Ms. Gutierrez' work "focuses on equity issues in mathematics education".She has a B.A. in Biology, an M.A. in Social Sciences and a PhD in Education. And she's largely been an affiliate of the Latino studies department.

i think that particular question answers itself.

“If one is not viewed as mathematical, there will always be a sense of inferiority that can be summoned,” she says, adding that there are so many minorities who “have experienced microaggressions from participating in math classrooms… [where people are] judged by whether they can reason abstractly.”

Whereas in her classroom students are judged by their complete inability to reason. Check your reason privilege.

Gutierrez stresses that all knowledge is “relational,” asserting that “Things cannot be known objectively; they must be known subjectively."

Math is a myth. 2 + 2 = 5. If only you will it so.

Cotton

Staff member
Then don't do fucking math. Jesus Christ.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
This crap is getting so absurd that surely to heaven it can’t be believed by anyone who is rational.

midswat

... soon
Some actress I never heard of just came out and accused the old President Bush of “sexual assault” because he touched her butt while sitting in his wheel chair in 2014.

First off, if that is considered sexual assault then the term sexual assault is getting just as watered down as the word racism.

Secondly, if it was such a big deal then why not mention it then? Fuck these women coming out and alledging minor incidents years after the fact.

Don’t get me wrong - real sexual assault is not something I’m trying to or wanting to trivialize, but coming out three years later and claiming to have been assaulted by a 90 year old man in a wheelchair, well.... don’t fault me if I don’t take you serious and think you’re just an attention whoring asshole.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Some actress I never heard of just came out and accused the old President Bush of “sexual assault” because he touched her butt while sitting in his wheel chair in 2014.

First off, if that is considered sexual assault then the term sexual assault is getting just as watered down as the word racism.

Secondly, if it was such a big deal then why not mention it then? Fuck these women coming out and alledging minor incidents years after the fact.

Don’t get me wrong - real sexual assault is not something I’m trying to or wanting to trivialize, but coming out three years later and claiming to have been assaulted by a 90 year old man in a wheelchair, well.... don’t fault me if I don’t take you serious and think you’re just an attention whoring asshole.
#Metoo

midswat

... soon
Great read.

Cotton

Staff member

Oh yeah, pal? What do you think about this???

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
Well, the rest of them are fucking yellow, so....

Top Bottom