The Outrage Thread

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
It's almost like the fucktards don't understand that there is supposed to be a separation of powers.
Or they know there's supposed to be, they just don't agree with it.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
They're gonna riot and loot no matter what the verdict is
Well that's what Maxine said they should do if they don't get a Murder One conviction...

Oh wait. Murder One isn't even a charge.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Shocker.

Cotton

Staff member
They found him guilty on all charges.

Cotton

Staff member
Doesn't matter, they will riot anyway.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
He was kinda scapegoated but whatever. I think I buy manslaughter perhaps but not the murder charge.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I agree with the guilty verdicts. I have looked at the video several times and in my most liberal mindset the officer is guilty of costing the man his life. He knew that he was pressing the limit with the prisoner.

Cotton

Staff member
He was kinda scapegoated but whatever. I think I buy manslaughter perhaps but not the murder charge.
He had enough fentanyl in his body to kill 3 people. No way was this murder. Murder requires intent.

Should he have put his knee into his upper back for that long, no. Did he intend to kill him, also no.

Doesn't matter, the fucking thugs will riot anyway. They don't give one shit about the verdict. They just want to burn and steal shit.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
He had enough fentanyl in his body to kill 3 people. No way was this murder. Murder requires intent.

Should he have put his knee into his upper back for that long, no. Did he intend to kill him, also no.

Doesn't matter, the fucking thugs will riot anyway. They don't give one shit about the verdict. They just want to burn and steal shit.
Not necessarily intent to kill for second degree in Minnesota. Could just require intent to cause great bodily harm that then results in unintentional death.

Still don't know if I agree with it though.

Cotton

Staff member
Not necessarily intent to kill for second degree in Minnesota. Could just require intent to cause great bodily harm that then results in unintentional death.

Still don't know if I agree with it though.
Him putting his knee in Floyd's back was intent to cause harm? (and, yes, the pictures bear out his knee wasn't on his neck, nor did the autopsy come back with findings that support that)

So, I'm not sure I agree with that.

Cotton

Staff member
And, so I am not misunderstood, what Chauvin did was horrific. He should never have kneeled on him for that long. There was no need for that. I just don't think murder applies considering the autopsy and the amount of fentanyl in Floyd's system.

Cotton

Staff member
But, I do agree that Chauvin should go to prison for quite some time.

armadillooutlaw

DCC 4Life
I think Chauvin should do prison time, and so should any cop that unjustifiably contributes to the loss of life. With that said, this will be used as more fuel for the false narrative that police are killing innocent people widespread across the country.
Meanwhile, the murder rates in big cities will continue to rise (guess what racial group catches the brunt of it?) largely because this has been manipulated and politicized rather than being treated as an individual (and isolated) case of a terrible injustice.

Top Bottom