The Job Thread

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I can provide you dumb motherfuckers true "insider" knowledge.

A poor ass motherfucker who lived through Garrett.

But hey, talk about your co-worker with Frito pits.

Fuck off.
How did that hornet get in your bonnet?

Smitty

DCC 4Life
My wife, after being a stay at home mom since my son and first child was born in 2016, just got a job as a project coordinator (with the aim of moving up to project manager or higher, eventually) at Duke.

AT DUKE.

She was wearing a Duke long sleeve Tee around the house today that said "National Champions 1991 1992 2001 2010 2015" today.

Is this a sick joke, God? She couldn't get a job at UNC?

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Yeah, it is amazing what happens to these athletes.

You would think they have generational wealth handed to them and really what happens is that they are broke because of poor life decisions.

This is the third former Cowboy I have employed. Now, the other two were camp bodies.

This one had a full NFL season in. But of course, no pension because he did not qualify.

It will be interesting to hear Jakar's story. I met him today, very respectful and humble.

The only thing that was Cowboys related when he departed after his tour was that he did not like Jerry Jones.

True story, scouts honor.
Probably doesn't like Jones because he released him.

Interesting though, will be cool to get some nuggets.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
My wife, after being a stay at home mom since my son and first child was born in 2016, just got a job as a project coordinator (with the aim of moving up to project manager or higher, eventually) at Duke.

AT DUKE.

She was wearing a Duke long sleeve Tee around the house today that said "National Champions 1991 1992 2001 2010 2015" today.

Your woman got a job at @Dook lol

roughneck266

DCC 4Life

AT DUKE.

Cut her off.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
He will start on the 15th. My first question will be about Garrett. When he confirms he was a smiling greasy back stabber, you will be sorry. Very very sorry.
Should I trust a princeton grad, or a guy who now works for boozeman? Tough choice.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I will say........ as an alum, I love the Tarheels athletic programs.... but I'm not sure I could stomach the assuredly present and sickening leftist culture that pervades UNC Chapel Hill.

All universities are terribly left leaning, but I think Duke is probably slightly less so as a private school.

UNC is basically Stanford of the East Coast.

Fuck Coach K, Jon Scheyer, and Mike Elko though.

Also if my kids can get in to Duke, they get a free ride thanks to my wife's employment there. If she stays.

That's worth like $200k a pop.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Alright, so here it goes.

My former GM decided to move on to our corporate headquarters and it has been me and the AGM.

He and I have a great relationship. My former GM, a female, has her youngest is about the age of my son.

So now she has strong armed me and him into hiring him.

She basically has implied that he is the most disappointing of her four children, two of which have been what appears to be a Brady Bunch relationship.

He was in the Army. I don't think he served his time, the math does not add up.

I do not believe he got dishonorably discharged, but he most certainly got out early and the Army said okay, thanks for your brief service, young man.

All that can be said is the kid appears to be a deadbeat. He has knocked up some tart he met while stationed in Virginia Beach.

Now he is going to be performing a physically demanding job that he clearly is not in shape for.

I made the black sheep welcome on his first day, he texts his mom and says he feels like he is in a "safe place" and he feels "included".

Uh, my little friend, you got nepotism in your favor.

I dunno man, it really has been bugging me because he keeps coming into my office and talking to me when I am doing important HR-type stuff. Asking for life advice, like where to live and how he can take care of his wife and very small child, perhaps an infant, I am not sure. She is staying with the folks, but he is in some very shady hotel way out of the way.

I am glad we don't have his flaky ass in the same class as Jakar next week.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Nepo babies :doh. At least he married the gal he knocked up.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Kind of unfair of your old GM. What if the guy can't do the job? Do you get to fire him? Did she even mention that?

roughneck266

DCC 4Life
Alright, so here it goes.

My former GM decided to move on to our corporate headquarters and it has been me and the AGM.

He and I have a great relationship. My former GM, a female, has her youngest is about the age of my son.

So now she has strong armed me and him into hiring him.

She basically has implied that he is the most disappointing of her four children, two of which have been what appears to be a Brady Bunch relationship.

He was in the Army. I don't think he served his time, the math does not add up.

I do not believe he got dishonorably discharged, but he most certainly got out early and the Army said okay, thanks for your brief service, young man.

All that can be said is the kid appears to be a deadbeat. He has knocked up some tart he met while stationed in Virginia Beach.

Now he is going to be performing a physically demanding job that he clearly is not in shape for.

I made the black sheep welcome on his first day, he texts his mom and says he feels like he is in a "safe place" and he feels "included".

Uh, my little friend, you got nepotism in your favor.

I dunno man, it really has been bugging me because he keeps coming into my office and talking to me when I am doing important HR-type stuff. Asking for life advice, like where to live and how he can take care of his wife and very small child, perhaps an infant, I am not sure. She is staying with the folks, but he is in some very shady hotel way out of the way.

I am glad we don't have his flaky ass in the same class as Jakar next week.
There's this thing called a BIG CHICKEN DINNER. I know at least one other guy here will know exactly what that means. Basically it boils down to the military thought you deserved a dishonorable discharge, but decided not to completely ruin your life. Alot of weed smokers got it when I was in the Navy.
Bottom line: Dude is a turd. Hi mom doesn't want to deal with him, so he's your son now. Enjoy!

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I sit next to a guy at work who frequently comes to work with pretty bad body odor. He's a bigger guy too and to make matters worse he raises his arms to stretch a lot throughout the day which puts even more of the funk in the air.

I'm seriously considering snitching to management.

Any of you HR guys ever have to deal with employees with poor hygiene?
I have worked as a Supervisor and Management for well over 45 years and dealt many times with appearance and hygiene issues during that time. In my view I think the best way to handle it it to get right to the point and relate what they should do to take care of it. The ask them is there any reason they cannot comply. Short and sweet and set a follow up date to discuss it again if necessary.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Kind of unfair of your old GM. What if the guy can't do the job? Do you get to fire him? Did she even mention that?
I don't think that is "unfair".

In fact, I hate that term.

When I hear that, my response is a simple "Fuck you, life ain't fair".

It really does not matter. I have told her exactly where I stand.

He will be evaluated just like everyone else.

At least she is good about that.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
There's this thing called a BIG CHICKEN DINNER. I know at least one other guy here will know exactly what that means. Basically it boils down to the military thought you deserved a dishonorable discharge, but decided not to completely ruin your life. Alot of weed smokers got it when I was in the Navy.
Bottom line: Dude is a turd. Hi mom doesn't want to deal with him, so he's your son now. Enjoy!
I am not going to say that what you have posted here is the damn truth, but it kinda is.

Her text to me: Takes a village, I appreciate it!

Heh.

Top Bottom