The Job Thread

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Jakar Hamilton has now been dispositioned from the requisition and will not be employed. I will however ask his permission to participate in an email survey. Questions?
Exactly how big a fraud was Jason Garrett?

How fired up did you get by Jerry's annual "I could be anywhere in the world right now but I want to be here with you" speech?

Did Marinelli approach you with an Effort Contract?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I have a question for anyone here who has ever been locked up by the police…were you ever denied the right to any communication to somebody to let them know you are locked up?

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I have a question for anyone here who has ever been locked up by the police…were you ever denied the right to any communication to somebody to let them know you are locked up?
Not outright, but it was delayed, I guess.

Was arrested for fighting inside a bar. Was taken to the police station and put in the drunk tank for 8 hours. No phone call, no chance to post bail. Was around midnight when I was brought in, and was then taken out of the tank around 8am. Was given my phone call then, before being placed into a regular holding cell.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Not outright, but it was delayed, I guess.

Was arrested for fighting inside a bar. Was taken to the police station and put in the drunk tank for 8 hours. No phone call, no chance to post bail. Was around midnight when I was brought in, and was then taken out of the tank around 8am. Was given my phone call then, before being placed into a regular holding cell.
So at least 72 hours right?

I have this incredible cunt that claimed she was locked up for 72 hours with no contact for simple assault. I call bullshit. But she thinks she has the company by the nuts because she is suing for sexual harassment.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I have a story to tell. Remind me tomorrow. I'm watching TV with the wife.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

I have this incredible cunt that claimed she was locked up for 72 hours with no contact for simple assault. I call bullshit. But she thinks she has the company by the nuts because she is suing for sexual harassment.
I honestly have no idea. I was just told you can be held the initial 8 hours without being given your phone call or bail if detox is warranted.

Yes... I was drunk.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I honestly have no idea. I was just told you can be held the initial 8 hours without being given your phone call if detox is warranted.

Yes... I was drunk.
I have zero doubt this one was. She is the absolute epitome of white trash and unfortunately she also forgot to tell me that she not only got charged for simple assault but also drunk and disorderly.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I have zero doubt this one was. She is the absolute epitome of white trash and unfortunately she also forgot to tell me that she not only got charged for simple assault but also drunk and disorderly.
She sounds like a real winner. Just guessing here, but I would assume she was not given her call right away because of the detox. And if she wasn't given the call afterwards, it was probably because she was being combative and a threat. They're not going to let her out of a holding cell to make her call if she's being a twat.

I am working as a corrections officer, and any time an inmate is being a douche, they are not let out of their individual cells for "safety and security". In fact, it's policy. If they are acting agitated for any reason, they are not even let out into the gen pop. Whether that's for rec, school, their job, visitation, or whatever.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I once got arrested for accomplice to theft under $30. (my brother stole a pack of smokes and I was with him)

I was taken to jail and booked in (stupid, I know) and then was put in a cell. But the cell I got put in the phone didn't work.

So........... being the dumbass that I am, I picked a fight with a big ass Peurto Rican dude to somehow try to get changed to another cell. Thankfully it worked and he didn't kill me somehow.

Once in the new cell I called a friend, and a dude in the cell with me told me the guy I picked a fight with was being held there on charges of murder.

Not my brightest moment, but I wanted out of that fucking cell.

Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Do you count collect calls? Most jails once you get to general pop have access to a phone but without money on your books you can only call collect and hope the person you are calling has an account (jail phone system account) with money on it. Beyond that, no they don't give you access to a phone for phone calls at all jails.

Here you have a right to a 48 hr bond appearance hearing. But that doesn't include weekends. Also you can be put on a 72 hour hold if you're coocoo or at least that the officer says you might be.

Based on what you're saying, she was on a 72 hour hold.

Last edited:

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
So I fired the cunt. She went all Jerry Springer Nuh Ah Sayin on me but I guess she got so excited that she hung up. Lawyer up, baby. I got the biggest and the baddest attorney in the state of South Cackilacky on my side.

Top Bottom