The Job Thread

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
So I am in the processing the manager who fucked his fugly subordinate.

Now I got some fucking guy challenging me when I explain why he isn't getting that particular job.

He proceeds to tell me he loves the company but that he knew all about the hook-up and decided to keep it to himself. Then he adds how angry he is that he was held down by this manager with an integrity issue. Then he finishes it all of with a running list of problems with that shift and how he was the person for the job.

I then explain in simple terms to him if it was an on-going issue with him, that he should have raised it up. It might have been better for the business and himself if he had.

"Oh, I don't get into rumors and all that."

Jesus Harold Christ on a rubber crutch.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
You two need to crack open some Milwaukee Beast Ice and talk this over.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
I don't think so.

He is a known IPA person.
Damn hipsters. He definitely shouldn’t get the job. Hate those people that “I didn’t want to get into the personal stuff” even though it is affecting the workplace.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Damn hipsters. He definitely shouldn’t get the job. Hate those people that “I didn’t want to get into the personal stuff” even though it is affecting the workplace.
And this guy is definitely that.

He believes in every conspiracy theory there is.

At work and what he perceives from the rest of the world.

Fuck off.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
One of my managers actually asked to go to a three day schedule, stating she could do two days of work from home.

I wish I had this quote from Musk at the time.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
One of my managers actually asked to go to a three day schedule, stating she could do two days of work from home.

I wish I had this quote from Musk at the time.

While I agree there are some jobs that can be done remotely there are too many people who think everything can be done from home and if you disagree you are a communist or something.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
While I agree there are some jobs that can be done remotely there are too many people who think everything can be done from home and if you disagree you are a communist or something.
My job can be done from home so I say fuck the office.

I love being at home most of the time and there's nothing like clocking out for work and going straight to the couch or the gym or whatever else you want to do -- all of it is better than spending 60 min commuting or whatever else.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me

I love being at home most of the time and there's nothing like clocking out for work and going straight to the couch or the gym or whatever else you want to do -- all of it is better than spending 60 min commuting or whatever else.
do you bother to shower and groom or do you go straight from bed to the computer?

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Ultimately, hybrid is probably the best approach. I think there is something to the fact that many humans need the interaction, and even the ones who CAN do their jobs remotely should put time in the office, even if it's for the benefit of the others. Being part of the team and interacting with the team can be part of the job description.

Not sure I agree with Elon that it's immoral for me to do a job remotely while someone else has a job that can't be done remotely. Go get a degree or experience in a field that can be done remotely if that's what you want.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Not sure I agree with Elon that it's immoral for me to do a job remotely while someone else has a job that can't be done remotely. Go get a degree or experience in a field that can be done remotely if that's what you want.
Yeah, fuck that noise.

shoop

Semi-contributing member

I completely agree and I would work from home if I could. But there are these delusional people out there that think work from home is the only way to go. Which is fine, you do you, but when that same person is complaining that they have been unemployed for a long time and struggling financially.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
Ultimately, hybrid is probably the best approach. I think there is something to the fact that many humans need the interaction, and even the ones who CAN do their jobs remotely should put time in the office, even if it's for the benefit of the others. Being part of the team and interacting with the team can be part of the job description.

That’s why I went to college at 38. I was tired of working 50-80 hours a week as a manager and still not getting appreciated or paid accordingly.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I completely agree and I would work from home if I could. But there are these delusional people out there that think work from home is the only way to go. Which is fine, you do you, but when that same person is complaining that they have been unemployed for a long time and struggling financially.
The real deal is that people can't handle their shit.

To me, "I need to work from home" comment means you cannot separate work from home.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
And in a related story, my current GM is getting promoted, so now I have to deal with losing a work partner that was perhaps my only intellectual equal I have met serving in the role of my direct superior.

Now I have access to see who may get her role, but I am not involved in the interview process.

I can see who is applying. And I see it is a manager that has been "groomed" in the corporate developmental program.

She's fucking 31 years old. A mere child.

And the problem is, based on her Workday profile pic, she looks kind of hot.

Thing is, she is a complete local to the Corporate stomping grounds. Complete Arky.

I would prefer that our AGM who I work well with gets it, but I have a bad feeling I am going to have to deal with a brainless plant that some dork from Home Office is associated with.

I guess that is a very sexist and disgusting thing to say, but I don't care.

roughneck266

DCC 4Life
And in a related story, my current GM is getting promoted, so now I have to deal with losing a work partner that was perhaps my only intellectual equal I have met serving in the role of my direct superior.

Now I have access to see who may get her role, but I am not involved in the interview process.

I can see who is applying. And I see it is a manager that has been "groomed" in the corporate developmental program.

She's fucking 31 years old. A mere child.

And the problem is, based on her Workday profile pic, she looks kind of hot.

Thing is, she is a complete local to the Corporate stomping grounds. Complete Arky.

I would prefer that our AGM who I work well with gets it, but I have a bad feeling I am going to have to deal with a brainless plant that some dork from Home Office is associated with.

I guess that is a very sexist and disgusting thing to say, but I don't care.
As long as she has a good rack...

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
As long as she has a good rack...
I see no rack in the profile pic.

I can only assume from her gaunt face that she doesn't sport much of a pair.

My old boss had bought ones, which were nice.

Top Bottom