The Job Thread

data

Forbes #1
How many you “one company’ m’fers hanging on for the pension? That’s a dying concept from us growing up vs now.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
You love transportation. If not for the pension and left TTU, what transportation company/entity/non-prof would you love to work at?
I don't love transportation. I work in transportation.

Cotton

Staff member
Point taken. With transportation as your specialty, what org would you be interested in working for
I know this goes way against my principles, but Disney. They have an amazing transportation network.

data

Forbes #1
I know this goes way against my principles, but Disney. They have an amazing transportation network.
Interesting. Thought you would’ve gone technology (like your camera system), but you stuck with the ecosystem.

Cotton

Staff member
Interesting. Thought you would’ve gone technology (like your camera system), but you stuck with the ecosystem.
You were referencing my transportation background, so I responded with a transportation system I would like to work within.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
How many companies you all worked for in last 10 years?
It’s been a rough decade with weird circumstances. 15.
Downsized 3 times, 3 temporary roles, 3 positions that were poor fits, one that I left after being lied to about the situation, one that I left for ethics issues, and one that I left for safety issues that were being ignored. God, what a terrible decade.
This is why I went to college and worked my way towards this new role.

Cotton

Staff member
Downsized 3 times, 3 temporary roles, 3 positions that were poor fits, one that I left for ethics issues, and one that I left for safety issues that were being ignored. God, what a terrible decade.
Good work on your trip, brother. You made it. :towel

Newt

DCC 4Life

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Downsized 3 times, 3 temporary roles, 3 positions that were poor fits, one that I left after being lied to about the situation, one that I left for ethics issues, and one that I left for safety issues that were being ignored. God, what a terrible decade.
That's great, man. I am so happy you seem to have found a spot.

I had a similar journey early on, then I got crushed by a layoff. Then a shitty integrity company now a Fortune 1 that goes against my principles in a way and also underpays me by a pretty good margin.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
This past week sucked ass at work.

I fired one Area Manager who was insubordinate (threw her badge at her Operations Manager and told him to go fuck himself) and then of course lo and behold it turns out she elevated it over my head to Ethics and sent nasty cell phone pictures of two of them porking. Then I get another associate claiming her Area Manager raped her at a party.

Thank God it is the weekend.

But Monday is soooooooo gonna suck.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yep, got the invite from one of the Ethics people that "work from home" for Monday.

I usually never touch my email on the weekends, but I knew I needed to today.

Top Bottom