The Healthy Food Thread

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I was sick and dying. Now I'm not. I must be crazy.
I don't see anybody arguing against you. Obviously, eating healthy is better for you. Eating unprocessed foods is better for you.

But when you say that it's possible for everyone to grow their own food, and other things like that, that's where you're getting people that don't agree with you.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I don't see anybody arguing against you. Obviously, eating healthy is better for you. Eating unprocessed foods is better for you.

But when you say that it's possible for everyone to grow their own food, and other things like that, that's where you're getting people that don't agree with you.
Right, but I didn't say that. I said we have enough land to easily feed the world. Which we do.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Right, but I didn't say that. I said we have enough land to easily feed the world. Which we do.
You didn't say that people should grow their own food? Or that it would be possible to do so, eh?

skidadl said:
Grow your own food. That would pretty much do it. It isn't even close to impossible.
Page 3, post 102

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I wouldn't call extending transport time and shelf life 'laughable'. Unless you think perishable foods can be transported around the world or even across the country, and arrive in good condition?
My box of Froot Loops would not suffer being made as it was 30 or 40 years ago.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member

You didn't say that people should grow their own food? Or that it would be possible to do so, eh?

Page 3, post 102
Right, but I didn't say that it is possible for everyone to grow their own food, did I?

Notice in post 103 where I said the Cotton has enough land to grow enough food for 10 families? Later I went on to explain that it isn't necessary practical and that most people aren't willing to do it. But it is still possible for it to happen.

One of the best study cases that we have is right here in this thread. Most know that non-processed foods are better for you. Most in this thread agree that they could grow their own food. most in this thread are unwilling to do it because it is incredibly inconvenient. No judgment on that, I completely understand the reasons. Nobody wants to be fully responsible for their future to the point of giving up things. That is everyone's choice. Where we differ is when you say it isn't possible It is possible.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Oh, you've missed a lot in this thread.
I think what you are struggling to say is that you don't like or agree with what I am saying.

I am currently studying integrative medicine, nutrition, and health. I got tired of standing on the sidelines watching my wife and I die so I decided to take control of my life.

What is funny is that a guy with libertarian leanings thinks that it is crazy to resist authority. We should all just submit to the FDA, the AMA, big food, big pharma, big education and just go along with the program. Another funny thing is that it seems like a guy is crazy for not questioning religion but you're a nut job if you want to know why we are getting sicker. Since you can't refute what I'm saying you decide to discredit because I actually want to know what's up with the world.

So no, I don't feel like I missed anything. I'm pretty dedicated to finding out all that I can about the subject. As a result my family is doing a lot better.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I told you processed food is dangerous:

Krispies; assailant nabbed

California cops have arrested a man in connection with a “cereal” crime.

Eureka cops responded to a report of shots fired Wednesday afternoon and found a man who had been struck in the hand with a shotgun shell filled with Rice Krispies, KRCR-TV reports. The weapon turned out to be a flare gun.

Police said they were told the assailant was Timothy Glass Jr., 29, of Eureka, and that he had fled the scene on a bicycle.

The victim was taken to the hospital.

Shortly after, detectives said they detained Glass at a homeless encampment.

“Glass resisted apprehension causing minor injury to a detective,” police said in press release.

Police contacted the victim who positively identified Glass as the shooter.

However, the victim said he did not want to press charges.

Nevertheless, Glass was arrested and booked into the Humboldt County Correctional Facility. He was charged with resisting arrest and probation violation, police said.

“Based on the investigation it appears Glass fired a flare gun loaded with a shotgun shell filled with Rice Krispies,” police said.

Police referred the case to the Humboldt County District Attorney’s Office for review.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I wouldn't call extending transport time and shelf life 'laughable'. Unless you think perishable foods can be transported around the world or even across the country, and arrive in good condition?
No shit. That's kinda what a preservative's job is. To, you know, preserve.

Cotton

Staff member
Having the land isn't the only factor in that equation, though. That was my point. Having the land isn't enough. Being able to feasibly make it happen, is.

Cotton

Staff member
Right, but I didn't say that it is possible for everyone to grow their own food, did I?

Notice in post 103 where I said the Cotton has enough land to grow enough food for 10 families? Later I went on to explain that it isn't necessary practical and that most people aren't willing to do it. But it is still possible for it to happen.

One of the best study cases that we have is right here in this thread. Most know that non-processed foods are better for you. Most in this thread agree that they could grow their own food. most in this thread are unwilling to do it because it is incredibly inconvenient. No judgment on that, I completely understand the reasons. Nobody wants to be fully responsible for their future to the point of giving up things. That is everyone's choice. Where we differ is when you say it isn't possible It is possible.
Unless you can figure out funding, transport, storage, et al no it is not possible.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Unless you can figure out funding, transport, storage, et al no it is not possible.
Did you know that our fruits and vegetables take about an average of 1500 miles before they reach their destination? Do those perishable items contain preservatives? Local farms usually travel about 100 miles to reach their final destination.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Having the land isn't the only factor in that equation, though. That was my point. Having the land isn't enough. Being able to feasibly make it happen, is.
So you've looked into this already? Interesting. I can't wait to hear about your findings.

Cotton

Staff member
Did you know that our fruits and vegetables take about an average of 1500 miles before they reach their destination? Do those perishable items contain preservatives? Local farms usually travel about 100 miles to reach their final destination.
Did you know different foods have different shelve lives? Dude, call me, asshole. Is your phone dead? I texted you an hour ago.

Cotton

Staff member
So you've looked into this already? Interesting. I can't wait to hear about your findings.
I stated the hurdles in my previous post.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I think what you are struggling to say is that you don't like or agree with what I am saying.

I am currently studying integrative medicine, nutrition, and health. I got tired of standing on the sidelines watching my wife and I die so I decided to take control of my life.

What is funny is that a guy with libertarian leanings thinks that it is crazy to resist authority. We should all just submit to the FDA, the AMA, big food, big pharma, big education and just go along with the program. Another funny thing is that it seems like a guy is crazy for not questioning religion but you're a nut job if you want to know why we are getting sicker. Since you can't refute what I'm saying you decide to discredit because I actually want to know what's up with the world.

So no, I don't feel like I missed anything. I'm pretty dedicated to finding out all that I can about the subject. As a result my family is doing a lot better.
This is actually a huge case in point. You are doing a LOT of putting words in people's mouths.

Jesus fucking Christ do you at least understand how fucking obnoxious this and a lot of your posts in this thread have been?

"What you are struggling to say is"

"A guy with libertarian leanings thinks"

"You can't refute"

Good Christ get over yourself. When you are done doing that go fuck yourself.

For the record I'm not struggling to say anything. I'm struggling to be nice to you because I like you but you are acting like an obnoxious ass.

And yes, I've already refuted one thing you've said. You are saying things that are objectively false. But I've been working all day. Believe it or not people don't have infinite time to argue with someone using straw man arguments and making shit up about what they think and feel.

Hey, you feel better, that's great. Not a single person here said people shouldn't eat healthy.

So now you've brought my politics, my faith, and my McDonald's into. Prior to this post I haven't said a single thing to warrant you coming at me personally the way you have, or for you to try and tell me how I think and feel. And for the record you are way the fuck wrong.

Top Bottom