The Gun Thread

roughneck266

DCC 4Life
It depends on what you want. The triggers on 1911/2011 guns are hard to beat. I've shot enough other C2s and a few Ps to know I wanted one. It's an amazing shooting platform. It's dependent on your needs and ability to spend the money as to whether it's worth it to you or not. Is it $1800 better than a P320? Likely not. Because I'm the Chief at my department and we can carry them on duty there was a pretty good discount. Still quite a bit more that a P320, but more palatable.
Definitely the allure of the 1911 is the trigger, and for me at least when I conceal carried, the fact that they are very thin. Obviously the 2011 kinda takes some of that away but you get more fire power in return. These days I rarely conceal anyway, so I carry my P226 more often than anything else. It's heavy but since I carry outside the waist band, it's easily mitigated with a good holster and belt combination.
I wish I could justify teh cost of a C2, but in my case, I just can't.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Definitely the allure of the 1911 is the trigger, and for me at least when I conceal carried, the fact that they are very thin. Obviously the 2011 kinda takes some of that away but you get more fire power in return. These days I rarely conceal anyway, so I carry my P226 more often than anything else. It's heavy but since I carry outside the waist band, it's easily mitigated with a good holster and belt combination.
I wish I could justify teh cost of a C2, but in my case, I just can't.
You open carry? No offense, but I think that is a mistake.

roughneck266

DCC 4Life
You open carry? No offense, but I think that is a mistake.
To each their own. My holster has a lock on it, so they are going to have to take my pants off to get the gun, all bets are off after that. lol

Cotton

Staff member
To each their own. My holster has a lock on it, so they are going to have to take my pants off to get the gun, all bets are off after that. lol
It's more the idea of getting shot.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If the shooter knows who is armed, they are first to get shot at. It's putting a target on your back.
I like to think maybe seeing the firearm will prevent the situation from happening in the first place. Sort of the opposite of "gun free zones"

shoop

Semi-contributing member
I got a few shitty ones they can have for that, but I promise you, what they would get from me for ANY amount of money, is pretty much worthless shit. Enjoy your Highpoint Uncle Sam!
How many hi points can I buy in preparation for the buyback.

Cotton

Staff member
I got a few shitty ones they can have for that, but I promise you, what they would get from me for ANY amount of money, is pretty much worthless shit. Enjoy your Highpoint Uncle Sam!
:lol

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Have any of you guys upgraded your triggers on your pistols?

I just bought a sweet trigger upgrade from Apex Tactical for my Hellcat and my SW Shield and it closed up my groups dramatically.

I’m pretty impressed.

roughneck266

DCC 4Life
Have any of you guys upgraded your triggers on your pistols?

I just bought a sweet trigger upgrade from Apex Tactical for my Hellcat and my SW Shield and it closed up my groups dramatically.

I’m pretty impressed.
Pretty much every plastic gun I own. Started with my Glocks, and it just became part of owning striker fired guns after that. It is the best bang for the buck upgrade you can do in my opinion.

Top Bottom