The Gun Thread

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Lol. I own 17 Sigs right now. I might be a bit of a fan myself.
Had a coworker that as of 6 or 7 years ago had 141 guns. No telling how many he has now. Not all one type but probably had several of all the manufacturers.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
Had a coworker that as of 6 or 7 years ago had 141 guns. No telling how many he has now. Not all one type but probably had several of all the manufacturers.
My wife has a crazy uncle that is that way. He is the one that got me into shooting.

roughneck266

DCC 4Life
I am around that number somewhere. I haven't counted in a couple years. I have been an FFL for a good while now, though, so I got a good portion of mine at dealer cost, and I built quite a few as well. I mainly have that many because they're a decent investment. I do enjoy shooting and hunting and all that, but you really don't need to have 100+ guns to do that. I have a bunch of suppressors too. Most of them were dealer samples, so I got them even cheaper than dealer cost. Definitely don't want to go back to unsuppressed if I can help it though. lol

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
I am around that number somewhere. I haven't counted in a couple years. I have been an FFL for a good while now, though, so I got a good portion of mine at dealer cost, and I built quite a few as well. I mainly have that many because they're a decent investment. I do enjoy shooting and hunting and all that, but you really don't need to have 100+ guns to do that. I have a bunch of suppressors too. Most of them were dealer samples, so I got them even cheaper than dealer cost. Definitely don't want to go back to unsuppressed if I can help it though. lol
I considered getting a C&R for years but don’t want to deal with the headaches of working with the Government to maintain it.

roughneck266

DCC 4Life
I considered getting a C&R for years but don’t want to deal with the headaches of working with the Government to maintain it.
Yeah, I don't recommend it. I havent ever had a C&R, Im an FFL07/02, but it's a huge pain in the butt. I am giving mine up when I get off the rig this time, but I am in an LLC with a couple other guys, and we have an FFL in it, so I will be able to keep my full autos at least. lol

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
To get the P320 FCU to support the 10mm X-Change kit, I had to modify it by swapping out 2 parts. So, to equally fuck with both my liberal and conservative friends, I told them that modification made my gun trans, and that the conversion was now known as Caliber Reassignment Surgery. I then proceeded to further fuck with them by giving the gun pronouns.

Formerly: Cool/Nice
Now: DAMN/FUUUUCK!

Shot like a dream as a 10mm, as expected.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
Place near my house did this ffl transfer. Somebody has too much money and likes John Wick. IMG_0730.jpegIMG_0726.png

shoop

Semi-contributing member
I ordered my Staccato C2 last week. It'll be my duty carry after I've trained enough with it.
I did a transfer for a C2. Nice firearm. I just am not sure it is that much better than a sig. any input once you have put rounds through it is appreciated.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
I bought a Sig P226 Equinox in 40 S&W last Saturday. Obviously, it’s not a new release by any stretch, but I’ve wanted one for a really long time so I finally broke down and bought it.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
I bought a Sig P226 Equinox in 40 S&W last Saturday. Obviously, it’s not a new release by any stretch, but I’ve wanted one for a really long time so I finally broke down and bought it.
Traditionally I am a purist and like black guns. The equinox and nightmare versions of Sigs are great looking firearms. I can also appreciate silver with rosewood handles.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Traditionally I am a purist and like black guns. The equinox and nightmare versions of Sigs are great looking firearms. I can also appreciate silver with rosewood handles.
I like black, but I also have stainless pistols, FDE, OD green, and platinum. To me, a nice looking weapon is a nice looking weapon.

And, I agree with you on the Nightmare. My best friend has one. It’s beautiful.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
I did a transfer for a C2. Nice firearm. I just am not sure it is that much better than a sig. any input once you have put rounds through it is appreciated.
It depends on what you want. The triggers on 1911/2011 guns are hard to beat. I've shot enough other C2s and a few Ps to know I wanted one. It's an amazing shooting platform. It's dependent on your needs and ability to spend the money as to whether it's worth it to you or not. Is it $1800 better than a P320? Likely not. Because I'm the Chief at my department and we can carry them on duty there was a pretty good discount. Still quite a bit more that a P320, but more palatable.

Top Bottom