The Gun Thread

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
Have any of you guys upgraded your triggers on your pistols?

I just bought a sweet trigger upgrade from Apex Tactical for my Hellcat and my SW Shield and it closed up my groups dramatically.

I’m pretty impressed.
I've got a Timney Alpha on a fun Glock. Haven't put enough rounds through it to decide if I'd ever carry it for reals.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Icarus Precision needs to hurry the fuck up and offer their grip module for the P320 XTEN. I have one for the P365 and love it, and I’ve been waiting for the XTEN version to be released.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Have any of you guys upgraded your triggers on your pistols?

I just bought a sweet trigger upgrade from Apex Tactical for my Hellcat and my SW Shield and it closed up my groups dramatically.

I’m pretty impressed.
Never really needed to. I’ve changed barrels, sites, recoil springs, and mag releases, but never triggers. I’ve modified a few of the triggers I have, though.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Just got my 6.5 PRC custom in on Friday. Waited 7 months on it.
Mack Brothers Titanium action, Bartlein Carbon Fiber barrel, Manners Carbon Fiber stock. Weighs in at 6 pounds without scope, around 7-1/4 with 3 rounds and NF scope.
Had 2 touching at 200 yards with terrible mirage and mosquitoes big enough to carry you off.
Drew a mule deer tag in Wyoming so this is going with me. Paired it with Revic RF binoculars…hoping it’s not all for naught.

Bojangles sweet tea FTW.

IMG_7326.jpeg

roughneck266

DCC 4Life
Just got my 6.5 PRC custom in on Friday. Waited 7 months on it.
Mack Brothers Titanium action, Bartlein Carbon Fiber barrel, Manners Carbon Fiber stock. Weighs in at 6 pounds without scope, around 7-1/4 with 3 rounds and NF scope.
Had 2 touching at 200 yards with terrible mirage and mosquitoes big enough to carry you off.
Drew a mule deer tag in Wyoming so this is going with me. Paired it with Revic RF binoculars…hoping it’s not all for naught.

Bojangles sweet tea FTW.

View attachment 693706
Thats a sexy motha right there man. Big Nightforce fan myself.

UncleMilti

Staff member
Thats a sexy motha right there man. Big Nightforce fan myself.
The shooting range I go to is kinda low budget. I hate wood tables…the best I’ve ever shot on are concrete tables. But I still managed to get some good groups.

roughneck266

DCC 4Life
The shooting range I go to is kinda low budget. I hate wood tables…the best I’ve ever shot on are concrete tables. But I still managed to get some good groups.
My best has always been prone, mostly because I am old and shaky now. Concrete has always been very steady though. I just have better breath control in the prone position.

UncleMilti

Staff member
I picked up a Vortex Razor LHT 3-15-50 this week to throw on my custom .308.
Got in on a group buy at Liberty Optics for 52% off retail.
Pros: Super lightweight…I believe it’s 20oz. Illumination is good, Glass is very clear, reticle was sharp and easy to focus, upper end good build quality but not robust feeling like my NF scopes. Lifetime replacement or repair warranty no matter what happens to the scope.
Cons: Turret clicks are a bit soft. Reticle is a little thick for my liking. Bikini scope cap (gay). Build quality could be a bit more robust given the Razor is Vortex’s premium line.

I guess I can’t overly complain for what I paid.

roughneck266

DCC 4Life
I picked up a Vortex Razor LHT 3-15-50 this week to throw on my custom .308.
Got in on a group buy at Liberty Optics for 52% off retail.
Pros: Super lightweight…I believe it’s 20oz. Illumination is good, Glass is very clear, reticle was sharp and easy to focus, upper end good build quality but not robust feeling like my NF scopes. Lifetime replacement or repair warranty no matter what happens to the scope.
Cons: Turret clicks are a bit soft. Reticle is a little thick for my liking. Bikini scope cap (gay). Build quality could be a bit more robust given the Razor is Vortex’s premium line.

I guess I can’t overly complain for what I paid.
Been a fan of theirs for a good while. Most of my longer-range optics are Nightforce, but they are all heavy. Like strapping a baseball bat to your rifle. That said, Nightforce has yet to let me down on any of them.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
I bought the Icarus Precision XL+ Macro grip module for the Sig P365. My current configuration is the 3.1” slide and barrel, and I’m converting it to the 3.7” barrel and compensated slide.

Top Bottom