The Gun Thread

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
A gun store about 15 miles away got four Springfield MC Operator 1911s in stock yesterday, and I just put a deposit on the last one. They wouldn’t let me pay for the whole thing over the phone, so I’ll pay it off this weekend when I head out there. I’m very excited.

roughneck266

DCC 4Life
It arrived today and it is beautiful.
Haven’t been this happy for a document since my marriage certificate.

now to figure out the money making side of this….

the wife will not be thrilled if it is used only to collect new toys. :)
I can tell you, selling name brand firearms, is a good way to make no money whatsoever. Since you got your 07, you can do fairly well building to spec for customers. If you have a lot of land, you can build a few machine guns and rent them to let people get the pray and spray experience. You can make a little money on ammunition, and accessories as well. Probably 90% or better of everything I have made since I have had mine has been selling service though. Repairs and cleaning can be a good money maker, and since you're new, I would definitely do as many transfers as I could stand, so you can get your name in front of customers. Transfers are basically free money, and they will get you a shot at a targeted audience. Only downside to transfers, is there are plenty of those guys that don't even want to unass the 25 bones for you to do that. For some reason a lot of folks feel like it is a negotiable thing. "You, know, since I spent all this money on this gun, you should give me a break on the transfer fee." Makes me want to punch em in the throat. lol
I have been an FFL for 12 years now. Shoot me a PM if you have any questions man.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
I can tell you, selling name brand firearms, is a good way to make no money whatsoever. Since you got your 07, you can do fairly well building to spec for customers. If you have a lot of land, you can build a few machine guns and rent them to let people get the pray and spray experience. You can make a little money on ammunition, and accessories as well. Probably 90% or better of everything I have made since I have had mine has been selling service though. Repairs and cleaning can be a good money maker, and since you're new, I would definitely do as many transfers as I could stand, so you can get your name in front of customers. Transfers are basically free money, and they will get you a shot at a targeted audience. Only downside to transfers, is there are plenty of those guys that don't even want to unass the 25 bones for you to do that. For some reason a lot of folks feel like it is a negotiable thing. "You, know, since I spent all this money on this gun, you should give me a break on the transfer fee." Makes me want to punch em in the throat. lol
I have been an FFL for 12 years now. Shoot me a PM if you have any questions man.
Thanks, Roughneck! For now, I'm content to just make a little bit. I would like to get more and more involved in gunsmithing. I have found a couple of firearms that I can make $100-200 reselling. It. is enough to help me acquire the engraver and 3d printer I'd like to have to work with. I keep an eye out for DA/SA Sigs that need some love to refurbish and resell. I'm fine with taking it nice and easy. The $150for 3 years is worth it for the discoutn I can get from some places and having firearms delivered to my house.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
yeah, he dead

Grabbing a gun from someone is stupid. God forbid you find yourself in that situation and unarmed, wait for the right time, try to get close and try to take the gun out of the equation. Grabbing at it is the least likely to work option.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Thanks, Roughneck! For now, I'm content to just make a little bit. I would like to get more and more involved in gunsmithing. I have found a couple of firearms that I can make $100-200 reselling. It. is enough to help me acquire the engraver and 3d printer I'd like to have to work with. I keep an eye out for DA/SA Sigs that need some love to refurbish and resell. I'm fine with taking it nice and easy. The $150for 3 years is worth it for the discoutn I can get from some places and having firearms delivered to my house.
Invest in a small lathe, that’s all you need to build a rifle. I have 14” lathe and it’s amazing what I can do with that thing.
I recently bought a Precision Matthew’s CNC mill for my garage and make small parts for my guns and project cars, along with bedding my rifle stocks etc. Another great investment to keep in mind if you are going to build stuff for money.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Fucking witchcraft. Between me and my immediate fam/friends I've built way over a hundred ars and still send the damn detent to orbit never to be seen again sometimes

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Fucking witchcraft. Between me and my immediate fam/friends I've built way over a hundred ars and still send the damn detent to orbit never to be seen again sometimes
Mofo was just showing off with the blindfold on.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
We have our second phase active shooter training coming up in January at work. It is done by the sheriffs office for Franklin County(the county Columbus is in). I was actually pretty pleased with the first set of training and interested to see the second. They talked a lot about statistics, reaction and the lack thereof, and how to be useful in these situations. The Avoid, Deny, Defend that they are now using is much better than the old Run, Hide, Fight. They actively put emphasis on not hiding. Also had a good demonstration on how easy it is to fowl a semi-automatic handgun by disrupting the movement of the slide.

UncleMilti

Staff member
Well I’m diving into the reloading arena. There’s no 7WSM or 280AI ammo to be had

Anyone with pointers or advice?

UncleMilti

Staff member
I bought a 10mm last week. Damn that bastard has some power.
81DA485F-CCCD-4DA5-A5A3-94EA7E2F3449.jpeg

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Yeah, 10mm ain't no joke. Killed several hogs with mine. I have a 1911, and a Glock in 10mm.
If you can find one, get the Sig P220 Legion in 10mm. I have one and absolutely love it. The recoil is more like a 40 S&W due to the additional weight on the pistol.

Top Bottom