The Great Police Work Thread

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I've heard this kind of stuff many times. Usually it's some redneck that begins this way, keeps drinking, and eventually starts throwing the word nigger around until one of his buddies decides he better get the guy out of there before things escalate. I don't think you guys are racist, I'm just sayin'.
It's a valid point we are making. It's stupid that it's considered by many to call someone black, but not at all to call someone white. Makes no sense, and it's another example of going overboard by some to try to "show the world" they aren't racist.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I've heard this kind of stuff many times. Usually it's some redneck that begins this way, keeps drinking, and eventually starts throwing the word nigger around until one of his buddies decides he better get the guy out of there before things escalate. I don't think you guys are racist, I'm just sayin'.
:lol

Damn it. You figured me out right before I could start throwing around the N word.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member

Damn it. You figured me out right before I could start throwing around the N word.
After years of posting on this board I "know" you and Iamtdg fairly well for people who I haven't ever met in person and trust me, I don't think either one of you guys is a racist. It just reminds me of conversations I've seen that started out that way and quickly deteriorated in racism. Slippery slope is all.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
After years of posting on this board I "know" you and Iamtdg fairly well for people who I haven't ever met in person and trust me, I don't think either one of you guys is a racist. It just reminds me of conversations I've seen that started out that way and quickly deteriorated in racism. Slippery slope is all.
I know, man. I was just playin'.

Jiggyfly

Banned
He posted an article which clearly stated a dozen witness in the title, then talked about them in the body of the article. Which you asked for, then dismissed when you didn't think he could. Typical.

Bull. Sure, people were talking about that. But nobody "created" that line of thinking like you are imagining here. Those things were mentioned in numerous articles, and were just brought up as a talking point here. Only you thought they were created here. And you might want to pay attention to the article you just posted, and said you agreed with...
Furthermore, the reported vicious attack to the face of the police officer and the manner in which the shots were fired have gelled with opposing testimonies that the Ferguson cop, Darren Wilson, may have acted in self-defense..

Riiiiiiight.
The article was based on a tweet from a reporter and no other news source has corroborated it and the reporter has not written an actual story about these witnesses, so excuse me if I doubt its veracity.

I agreed with the overall premise of the article, does it mean that much to you to create a gotcha moment.

Why are you so hell bent on pigeon holing me, you already accused me of following Sharpton and Jackson when nothing could be farther from the truth.

Cotton

Staff member
:buddy

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Just skimming through the thread and saw the article about Wilson being beaten. It's the first time I heard about him being severely beaten. That tells you how closely I've been following this story.

That being said, I do find it hard to believe that someone who was "nearly beaten unconscious" and who had a fractured orbital bone, has the wherewithal to chase down a suspect and shoot at him accurately.

If you've taken a beating that's that severe your ass is wobbly. You're not walking straight. You're probably doing the sideways concussed walk. And you certainly aren't chasing anyone down.

Regardless, I've always maintained that if it's true that Brown rushed towards Wilson, which I've heard quite a few black witnesses say, then I can't blame the officer for shooting him. I'd have done the same thing.

On the surface I just think the whole he was severely beaten angle is being played up a bit, much like other factors of this incident.

Cotton

Staff member
Just skimming through the thread and saw the article about Wilson being beaten. It's the first time I heard about him being severely beaten. That tells you how closely I've been following this story.

That being said, I do find it hard to believe that someone who was "nearly beaten unconscious" and who had a fractured orbital bone, has the wherewithal to chase down a suspect and shoot at him accurately.

If you've taken a beating that's that severe your ass is wobbly. You're not walking straight. You're probably doing the sideways concussed walk. And you certainly aren't chasing anyone down.

Regardless, I've always maintained that if it's true that Brown rushed towards Wilson, which I've heard quite a few black witnesses say, then I can't blame the officer for shooting him. I'd have done the same thing.

On the surface I just think the whole he was severely beaten angle is being played up a bit, much like other factors of this incident.
It's actually come out now that he wasn't severely beaten and probably didn't have a broken eye socket. But, too many reports have come out now that he did go for his gun and reportedly did rush him for me to discount it. I think I can honestly say now that it was a justified shooting.

Jiggyfly

Banned
It's actually come out now that he wasn't severely beaten and probably didn't have a broken eye socket. But, too many reports have come out now that he did go for his gun and reportedly did rush him for me to discount it. I think I can honestly say now that it was a justified shooting.
Really?

The only people who know if he reached for the gun is Brown and the officer because it would have happened in the car and there are as many accounts of him having his hands up as of him rushing him, so how can you come to any conclusion at this point?

Cotton

Staff member
Really?

The only people who know if he reached for the gun is Brown and the officer because it would have happened in the car and there are as many accounts of him having his hands up as of him rushing him, so how can you come to any conclusion at this point?
The autopsy clearly stated that the arms most likely were forward when the bullets struck them, plus the shot to the top of the head indicated in the autopsy that he was probably leaning forward when the bullet struck. As in rushing forward. Listen, I know you want so bad for it not to be true, but it's looking like Brown was bum-rushing the cop when he fired on him.

Jiggyfly

Banned
This is the only account I can find of him rushing the officer is this.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-ferguson-witness-accounts-20140821-story.html

Josie

A woman who would only give her first name described Wilson's version of events to a local radio station this week, claiming Brown not only attacked Wilson first but rushed him headlong after the initial shot was fired.

A law enforcement source has told CNN the woman's account matches the description Wilson has given to investigators.

In the interview, Josie said Brown and Johnson were walking in the middle of the street when Wilson asked them to move to the sidewalk.

After a brief argument, Wilson received a call about the convenience store robbery and noticed Brown matched the description of the suspect and was carrying a box of cigars in his hand, Josie said.

Wilson pulled alongside the two men again, according to Josie, who said Brown then pounced on the officer.

“Michael just bum-rushes him, just shoves him back into his car, punches him in the face," she said.

The two men struggled for Wilson's service weapon, which went off once inside the car, she said.

Brown and Johnson fled, she said, and after another verbal exchange at a distance of about 35 feet, Brown charged at Wilson.

"All of a sudden he just started to bum-rush him; he started to run at him full speed,” she said in the interview. “He just kept coming; it was unbelievable.”

Wilson then opened fire a second time, she said, killing Brown.
But that sounds like second hand account because how could she know he got a call on the radio?

Can anybody post links to an eyewitness account of him charging the officer. I can't find anything other than the cell phone video and the guy never said he charged the officer.

Cotton

Staff member
Some witnesses say that Mr. Brown, 18, moved toward Officer Wilson, possibly in a threatening manner, when the officer shot him dead. But others say that Mr. Brown was not moving and may even have had his hands up when he was killed….

Several witnesses have told investigators that Mr. Brown stopped and turned around with his arms up. According to his account to the Ferguson police, Officer Wilson said that Mr. Brown had lowered his arms and moved toward him, law enforcement officials said. Fearing that the teenager was going to attack him, the officer decided to use deadly force. Some witnesses have backed up that account. Others, however — including Mr. Johnson — have said that Mr. Brown did not move toward the officer before the final shots were fired.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2014/08/21/here-is-everything-police-and-witnesses-said-happened-when-michael-brown-was-killed/

#2 Then the next thing I know he coming back toward him cus – the police had his gun drawn already on him –

#1. Oh, the police got his gun

#2 The police kept dumpin on him, and I’m thinking the police kept missing – he like – be like – but he kept coming toward him

You mean to tell me that he kept walking towards a cop that's shooting at him, instead of running or hitting the ground? Sounds like he wasn't giving up to me.

Just a quick search got that.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Some witnesses say that Mr. Brown, 18, moved toward Officer Wilson, possibly in a threatening manner, when the officer shot him dead. But others say that Mr. Brown was not moving and may even have had his hands up when he was killed….

Several witnesses have told investigators that Mr. Brown stopped and turned around with his arms up. According to his account to the Ferguson police, Officer Wilson said that Mr. Brown had lowered his arms and moved toward him, law enforcement officials said. Fearing that the teenager was going to attack him, the officer decided to use deadly force. Some witnesses have backed up that account. Others, however — including Mr. Johnson — have said that Mr. Brown did not move toward the officer before the final shots were fired.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2014/08/21/here-is-everything-police-and-witnesses-said-happened-when-michael-brown-was-killed/

#2 Then the next thing I know he coming back toward him cus – the police had his gun drawn already on him –

#1. Oh, the police got his gun

#2 The police kept dumpin on him, and I’m thinking the police kept missing – he like – be like – but he kept coming toward him

You mean to tell me that he kept walking towards a cop that's shooting at him, instead of running or hitting the ground? Sounds like he wasn't giving up to me.

Just a quick search got that.
That's the only one that's out there and I posted it a couple of pages back, anything else because I did a pretty good search myself.

I even in that account he does not say charging him or bum rush where did that come from?

Cotton

Staff member
That's the only one that's out there and I posted it a couple of pages back, anything else because I did a pretty good search myself.

I even in that account he does not say charging him or bum rush where did that come from?
The second account is the most telling to me. He says (on audio) that Brown kept coming towards him even after fires were shot. If he were giving up do you really think he would keep coming towards the cop shooting at him? Yeah, me either.

Jiggyfly

Banned
The second account is the most telling to me. He says (on audio) that Brown kept coming towards him even after fires were shot. If he were giving up do you really think he would keep coming towards the cop shooting at him? Yeah, me either.
I am not saying he is wrong, but he never said bum rush or charged the officer so why does that keep getting added in?

And 3 other people says he was not moving toward the officer, why is that one account so telling?

Cotton

Staff member
And 3 other people says he was not moving toward the officer, why is that one account so telling?
Because, that report coupled with the autopsy (the most proving factor) shows to me that he was moving towards the cop when the shots were fired.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
White guy kills a white guy...Who cares.
Black guy kills a black guy..,Who cares.
Black guy kills a white guy...Who cares.
White guy kills a black guy...RaceCard

Cotton

Staff member
White guy kills a white guy...Who cares.
Black guy kills a black guy..,Who cares.
Black guy kills a white guy...Who cares.
White guy kills a black guy...RaceCard
Not sure if you're being serious, but yeah, that's pretty much how it plays out in these situations.

Top Bottom