The Great Police Work Thread

D

Deuce

There's a million videos just like this on youbtube. 99% of them are assholes who have their camera ready when the cop shows up so they can make them look stupid. Doesn't mean the cop isn't doing his job.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
I laugh when I see these videos. These douchebags who walk around with an AR15 strapped to their back are simply inciting gun haters even more.

I am all for Right To Carry laws etc but why..WHY piss off the police? Give them your ID, go on your way.

So fucking stupid.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
I laugh when I see these videos. These douchebags who walk around with an AR15 strapped to their back are simply inciting gun haters even more.

I am all for Right To Carry laws etc but why..WHY piss off the police? Give them your ID, go on your way.

So fucking stupid.
I guess because they have no right to see your ID just because.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Seriously...this guy is some kind of hero to you [MENTION=8]BipolarFan [/MENTION]? ................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................ It is fucking stupid.
Well, there you go. That should answer your question.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Haven't we already shut down a thread like this once?

Jon88

Banned
This will be a good thread.

Does anyone here like cops? Seriously? I can't stand them.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Cops Kill 95 year old Vet with Beanbag Rounds and Tasers

Cops Kill 95 year old Vet with Beanbag Rounds and Tasers

Family members are questioning the death of a 95-year-old WWII U.S. Air Corps sergeant who killed by cops at an assisted living center last month after resisting medical treatment.

John Wrana died from injuries sustained in an incident, which was later ruled as a homicide by the medical examiner, by Park Forest police on July 27. Police were called to Victory Centre, according to the Chicago Tribune, when it was reported by faculty that he was being “combative,” resisting medical treatment to which he was being “involuntarily” committed to.

A press release from the police department emailed to the Chicago Tribune stated that Wrana was threatening staff and paramedics with his metal cane and a 2-foot shoehorn. The report states he later picked up a 12-inch knife.

The Tribune reported that police ordered the man to surrender, but his failure to do so and continued threats resulted in them using a Taser on him and then shooting him with small bean bags. Wrana dropped the knife and was taken to the hospital at this point.

Wrana was conscious when he arrived at a local hospital but died in the early morning hours. The Southtown Star reported the Cook County medical examiner’s office conducting an autopsy that found Wrana died from being shot in the stomach with the 12-gauge shotgun with bean-bag ammo.

The family now has an attorney looking into the case.

“This was a literal war hero,” attorney Nicholas Grapsas told the Southtown Star, noting that the family has not yet decided if it will file a lawsuit. “It’s outright insulting when you have such lack of respect for someone who served our country to the extent he did.”

According to Grapsas, staff and family who were at the assisted-living center at the time of the incident said they didn’t see Wrana pick up a knife. They also noted that he was sitting a chair during the altercation, meaning they believe such a show of force from authorities might not have been warranted.

The Chicago Tribune’s John Kass reported Maria Oliva with Pathway Senior Living, which runs the assisted-living center, saying staff was not in the room after police arrived to subdue Wrana. This, Kass said, shows “there was no imminent threat to staff” at the time Wrana would have picked up the alleged knife.

Kass also reported that after police barred staff from the room, workers expressed how they wished to re-enter to try and calm Wrana again. They were refused.

“At some point, I’m told there were between five and seven police officers, they went back to the room with a riot shield in hand, entered the door and shot him with a shotgun that contained bean-bag rounds,” Grapsas said of the situation according to Kass.

With police saying one thing and the family’s attorney presenting other information to the case, Kass reported veteran cops stating they believe unnecessary force was used.

“I’ve never met a police officer who couldn’t handle a 95-year-old man in a walker. And John Wrana wasn’t Jason Bourne. He was an old war veteran who didn’t want to be pushed around,” Kass wrote.

Wrana’s step-daughter Sharon Mangerson described Wrana as a “very vital 95-year-old” and “as independent as they come,” but she didn’t think he was dangerous.

Still, Kass reported a senior police official, who too thought at first the tactics used by police in this instance might have been excessive, saying that we don’t know exactly what law enforcement was faced with in the moment they made these decisions.

“If you don’t have all of the facts, it’s hard to judge someone. … Anyone can be dangerous,” Kass reported the official saying.

Jon88

Banned
Did you see the video of the cops in Houston wrestling with a guy who was handcuffed and then pulling out a gun and shooting him? He died a minute or two afterwards.

Unreal

D

Deuce

Seriously...this guy is some kind of hero to you @BipolarFan? He clearly had an agenda to cause a problem and did research so he could spout off specific court cases regarding gun laws. People like this waste time of everyone involved. Why walk down the street with a gun out? There is just no reason for it besides being an attention whore. Considering the tragedies recently involving shootings not sure how anyone thinks wandering down the street with a weapon out is going to do anything but cause problems. It is fucking stupid.
The only videos I don't mind are the one's of people giving a hard time to border patrol along Mexico. They give people a hard time for no reason all the time.

But wasting the time of police like this is retarded.

JBond

Brand New Member
The only videos I don't mind are the one's of people giving a hard time to border patrol along Mexico. They give people a hard time for no reason all the time.

But wasting the time of police like this is retarded.
Why screw with border patrol? Those folks have a very challenging job. With Obama importing every piece of trash he can find from Mexico, Central and South America, they are pretty busy.

D

Deuce

Why screw with border patrol? Those folks have a very challenging job. With Obama importing every piece of trash he can find from Mexico, Central and South America, they are pretty busy.
Because a lot of them aren't even on the actual border. There are some stations some 50 miles from Mexico stopping Americans driving through.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Because a lot of them aren't even on the actual border. There are some stations some 50 miles from Mexico stopping Americans driving through.
Think they have stations like that everywhere. I know there is one out side of El Paso going East and North. Also one north of Tombstone Arizona. Did they stop you too long?

JBond

Brand New Member
I get you. The DHS has set up random stops all over the country also. They are hunting for those mean small government minded folks.

Cotton

Staff member
Cops have just as hard of a job if not harder.

Cotton

Staff member
In some places. In white suburbia where I live, there is not much for them to do except generate revenue.
Consider yourself lucky.

Top Bottom