The Great Police Work Thread

Jiggyfly

Banned
Absolve? I still think he was over the top and probably needs to lose his job at the very least.

But fact is, I am not in a rush to admit the guy unjustifiably decided to shoot someone (full grown man, but conveniently described as a teen) based on some idiotic idea that all white cops serve to shoot black people and satisfy their racist tendencies.
We agree pretty much across the board.

Is it just the media's portrayal or Sharpton that causes some to go extremes to take his account as fact?

This is not trying to be accusatory just really want to try and get an understanding, I can see why people would be pissed of when the race issues are injected but why start going to the extreme to make the opposite argument.

Its always let the facts come and then any report that agrees with their thinking is considered the defining information.

Last edited:

Jiggyfly

Banned
:lol

I don't give a shit if you're green. Your single track posting style on any subject like this one is plain enough for every one to see.

Too bad you're not in Ferguson right now. I hear flat screen TVs are really cheap right now.
You have the same opposite posting style and that's plain enough for everyone to so what's your point?

And I don't understand what you meant about me being in Ferguson care to elaborate?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Absolve? I still think he was over the top and probably needs to lose his job at the very least.

But fact is, I am not in a rush to admit the guy unjustifiably decided to shoot someone (full grown man, but conveniently described as a teen) based on some idiotic idea that all white cops serve to shoot black people and satisfy their racist tendencies.
If the guy tried to take his gun, and then bum-rushed him, I don't see any reason for any kind of discipline at all. He was well justified in shooting him.

Cotton

Staff member
We agree pretty much across the board.

Is it just the media's portrayal or Sharpton that causes some to go extremes to take his account as fact?

This is not trying to be accusatory just really want to try and get an understanding, I can see why people would be pissed of when the race issues are injected but why start going to the extreme to make the opposite argument.

Its always let the facts come and then any report that agrees with their thinking is considered the defining information.
And, any time anyone posts anything that isn't what you want to read, you jump on the bias wagon, or accuse people of reporting falsities. RE: The reporter that said there were over a dozen witnesses that said he rushed the cop, or the actual fuking autopsy from the doc hired by the family itself. You didn't like the reports so you immediately went into defensive mode and claimed that it was just one report, and asked "what are police sources?". You claim you want to know the truth, but it's quite apparent you want to hear what you want to be the truth, and nothing more.

Jiggyfly

Banned
And, any time anyone posts anything that isn't what you want to read, you jump on the bias wagon, or accuse people of reporting falsities. RE: The reporter that said there were over a dozen witnesses that said he rushed the cop, or the actual fuking autopsy from the doc hired by the family itself. You didn't like the reports so you immediately went into defensive mode and claimed that it was just one report, and asked "what are police sources?". You claim you want to know the truth, but it's quite apparent you want to hear what you want to be the truth, and nothing more.
I have at no point unlike yourself said any off this was fact and are you really saying everything you posted should be taken as truth?

You are the one looking for anything to absolve this guy I have said several times Brown is not without fault, why can't you admit its possible the officer was at fault.

Cotton

Staff member
I have at no point unlike yourself said any off this was fact and are you really saying everything you posted should be taken as truth?

You are the one looking for anything to absolve this guy I have said several times Brown is not without fault, why can't you admit its possible the officer was at fault.
Okay, I'm gonna play the Jiggy way of arguing for a bit. When did I once say it was fact that what the witnesses stated was true?

Let's go from there, Big Al.

jeebs

Brand New Member
Sean Hannity. Al Sharpton.

Which one gets rich leeching off the suffering of his own people and causes more harm than good furthering his own agenda?

Aside from that, I don't think I would recognize Hannity if I saw a picture of him, and I KNOW I've never listened to a second of him on radio or TV. And regardless of what you may say here, I know you couldn't say the same about Sharpton.
Both??

Jiggyfly

Banned
Okay, I'm gonna play the Jiggy way of arguing for a bit. When did I once say it was fact that what the witnesses stated was true?

Let's go from there, Big Al.
You might not have said the were true, but you certainly posted an article that claimed the others were lying.

So was I not supposed to think you believed what you posted?

Jiggyfly

Banned
Sean Hannity. Al Sharpton.

Which one gets rich leeching off the suffering of his own people and causes more harm than good furthering his own agenda?

Aside from that, I don't think I would recognize Hannity if I saw a picture of him, and I KNOW I've never listened to a second of him on radio or TV. And regardless of what you may say here, I know you couldn't say the same about Sharpton.
I missed this part the first time why in your mind is it unbelievable that I have never listened to Sharpton.

I have stated on numerous occasions how much I dislike him and even posted something in this very thread.

Cotton

Staff member
You might not have said the were true, but you certainly posted an article that claimed the others were lying.

So was I not supposed to think you believed what you posted?
I posted a FACT that the autopsy said the witnesses that said he was shot while running off was wrong. Other than that, I have done nothing but post articles about eye witness accounts of what happened.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
Everyone is angreh right now, but to bring it back to the points in question, these eyewitness don't need to be lying (except Big Mike's buddy--sorry, not buying him) to be incorrect. Or maybe not even incorrect... The brain fills in gaps. The girls look away for a second as Brown starts to charge, look back up and just like that "the officer is standing over him and firing." They talk to people who talked to other people at the scene, and suddenly the words they heard him speak from a distance were SURELY, "Don't shoot."

I honestly don't see a lot of contradiction between what we're hearing is the officer's account and what the witnesses have to say. Where they differ is mostly "hows" and "whys," and sorry, but for that, I'm going to default to the sworn peace officer involved as opposed to teenage girls watching from a moderate distance. I just am.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
Also, if the cracked face report turns out to be true, along with Brown charging him, I don't even see an "excessive force" scenario.

If we're saying we want police officers to let men twice their size charge them when the officer has impaired vision and a fuzzy mind without using any force option available to them, then it's flat bullshit.

I spent quite a while last night on Gawker, because I am a masochist, reading comment after comment suggesting (on a different case) that these "killer cops" could have tased or aimed for a knife-wielding maniac's leg rather than shoot to kill. This is ludicrous nonsense born out of action movies.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
If we're saying we want police officers to let men twice their size charge them when the officer has impaired vision and a fuzzy mind without using any force option available to them, then it's flat bullshit.

I spent quite a while last night on Gawker, because I am a masochist, reading comment after comment suggesting (on a different case) that these "killer cops" could have tased or aimed for a knife-wielding maniac's leg rather than shoot to kill. This is ludicrous nonsense born out of action movies.
Those suggestions would be ludicrous even if the officer could see from both eyes and wasn't suffering from a concussion. From the reports, he was fucked up hard enough to have every reason to do whatever he could to get out of the situation alive. If he'd let Brown beat him down again he'd have probably ended up getting killed with his own gun.

Carl

RIP Brother
Those suggestions would be ludicrous even if the officer could see from both eyes and wasn't suffering from a concussion. From the reports, he was fucked up hard enough to have every reason to do whatever he could to get out of the situation alive. If he'd let Brown beat him down again he'd have probably ended up getting killed with his own gun.
Kbrown is talking about a different shooting, in which within 15 seconds of getting out of their car, two cops had shot someone 8-10 times. No other cops were in the vicinity. Just an FYI.

Cotton

Staff member
Kbrown is talking about a different shooting, in which within 15 seconds of getting out of their car, two cops had shot someone 8-10 times. No other cops were in the vicinity. Just an FYI.
He was talking about both the Brown and Powell shootings. And, in the Powell case I need to see more evidence come forward because the guy in the video I saw wasn't conclusively wielding a knife. He definitely had a knife, but it's inconclusive that he was actually a threat. I think the cops in the Powell case are more open to scrutiny than the Brown case.

Carl

RIP Brother
He was talking about both the Brown and Powell shootings. And, in the Powell case I need to see more evidence come forward because the guy in the video I saw wasn't conclusively wielding a knife. He definitely had a knife, but it's inconclusive that he was actually a threat. I think the cops in the Powell case are more open to scrutiny than the Brown case.
I haven't seen the Brown video.

Carl

RIP Brother
There isn't a Brown video. I was talking about the Powell video.
Ok, I understand, just got confused because you said one group of cops were open to more scrutiny than the other. Is that because there is a video of one shooting?

Kbrown

Not So New Member
My commentary is mostly on the commentary.

The cops shoulda shot him in the leg! Because I saw it on Criminal Minds one time!

If it's up for scrutiny, let internal affairs and possibly a grand jury scrutinize. Otherwise, enjoy your latte and kindly shut the hell up.

Cotton

Staff member
My commentary is mostly on the commentary.

The cops shoulda shot him in the leg! Because I saw it on Criminal Minds one time!

If it's up for scrutiny, let internal affairs and possibly a grand jury scrutinize. Otherwise, enjoy your latte and kindly shut the hell up.
I've seen people say the same about the Brown case. It's stupid logic developed from action movies as you said. Hitting a leg while someone is charging you is ridiculously hard to do. If you're threatened every expert on the planet tells you to shoot for the body mass.

Top Bottom