The Great Police Work Thread

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
It looked like the police acted. Just a really weird situation and one we will never have the truth about.
They still refuse to release the names of the politicians/big wigs Maxwell was convicted of trafficking underage hookers to

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yup, I am starting to see the BLM dummies attaching themselves to this already.

It is so gross.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Here is my "opinion" cops have too much power and authority and it goes to their head. This isn't a racism problem, it's a police problem. But police are necessary and needed. They just need real checks and balances.

Every time a teacher touches a kid we don't label teachers as bad or evil. We don't say all teachers are pedophiles. We label the person who does it evil. They are motivated by their own evil intentions. Not everything that happens is racist just because. But people are trained by the media and politicians to jump to that conclusion.

Last edited:

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Here is my "opinion" cops have too much power and authority and it goes to their head. This isn't a racism problem, it's a police problem. But police and are necessary and needed. They just need real checks and balances.

Every time a team touches a kid we don't label teachers as bad or evil. We don't say all teachers are pedophiles. We label the person who does it evil. They are motivated by their own evil intentions. Not everything that happens is racist just because. But people are trained by the media and politicians to jump to that conclusion.
I'll drill down even deeper, It's not a police problem, it's a people problem. These people just happen to have guns and batons and the authority to use them if they deem it necessary. The bad people just use them in evil ways.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Vile NYC street communists taking advantage of the situation. They don't care anything about that poor kid who got beat to death. That's just an excuse.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Another idiot trying to run from the police and unable to obey simple commands like "Lay down," ends up dead.

That doesn't mean the police were right but it's not hard to avoid this outcome and yes fault also lays on the law breaker here.

Cotton

Staff member
Another idiot trying to run from the police and unable to obey simple commands like "Lay down," ends up dead.

I don't feel bad. That doesn't mean the police were right but it's not hard to avoid this outcome and yes fault also lays on the law breaker here.
I said this exact same thing to my wife yesterday. The cops were wrong with how far they took it, but can you imagine having to deal with shitheads like this every day? It has to be taxing. Yes, it's their job, but my god, it has to wear on you after a while.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I will say I have no idea how 5 huge police officers can't subdue that guy into getting some part of his body chained up.

Maybe we need net-throwing guns.

Cotton

Staff member
I dunno, I just skimmed the video. Maybe there's worse parts. They are gonna argue they have to be able to subdue him.
Well, the video was on the chest of a cop that walked away from the confrontation for half the video so it's impossible to see everything that happens.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
There were five of them. No way they couldn't subdue the guy. In parts they had him on the ground. No idea why they beat him the way they did.

I'm sure this isn't the case, it was probably just guys who deal with very bad actors every day and their accumulated anger got the best of them, but my thought on seeing that was could this have been some kind of crooked cop deal where they knew this guy from before and had something against him? Probably not, I'm just trying to find some explanation for it. It almost seemed like a gang type deal.

Cotton

Staff member
it was probably just guys who deal with very bad actors every day and their accumulated anger got the best of them,
I think I am leaning this way. It absolutely doesn't excuse it, but at least it makes it understandable in my head. It's either that, or like you said, they had an agenda about this individual in particular.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I'll drill down even deeper, It's not a police problem, it's a people problem. These people just happen to have guns and batons and the authority to use them if they deem it necessary. The bad people just use them in evil ways.
I disagree. I think it's a police problem because as C-Rock mentioned, there's not a lot of accountability within the police force. Yeah there are procedures in place and rules on the books that govern police behavior, but the issue is they don't enforce the standard in their own ranks and often times help cover up each other's dirt.

Like how recently a police chief from a town in Missouri was driving under the influence and was described as hammered drunk. And instead of getting arrested and prosecuted for DWI, his police chief buddy from the town where the traffic stop occurred, swoops in and tells the officer that made the traffic stop that he was just going to drive his friend home, and give him a stern talking too. :jerk

There have also been quite a few instances where good cops try to intervene and stop fellow officers from being abusive and the good cops are the ones who receive backlash for crossing the blue line.

Also, before body cams became the new standard, it was pretty much second nature for officers to "massage" arrest reports to justify their actions.

That's why I think it's more of a culture issue and not just departments hiring the wrong people.

Top Bottom