The Great Police Work Thread

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
:lol

Leave him alone, Iamdtdg. He was Air Force. I've learned at my current assignment that Air Force personnel don't really handle firearms unless their jobs are related to Security Forces.
True. I know something of weapons you load into a cylinder or chamber but automated weapons is something I have little to no knowledge about. I can be pretty good with non automated weapons however.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Police officers allegedly refused service at a Texas Whataburger
12 / 28

FOX News
FoxNews.com
7 hrs ago

A Texas police chief is speaking out after he says an employee at a local restaurant refused to serve two of his officers early Saturday.

Denison Police Chief Jay Burch wrote about what happened in a lengthy post on the Department’s Facebook page. He said the officers were cursed at by the female employee who refused service and that the restaurant manager’s only response was “I don’t get into politics.”

“If a business does not want police officers as customers, just let us know,” Burch wrote. “There’s no need to curse us and make a scene, just let us know you don’t want us there and we’ll go somewhere else.”

He added, “Now going somewhere else in Denison in the middle of the night is not easy because our officers don’t have many options. What really gets my goat with such an incident is that while most of us are sleeping – sleeping!, the officers are out there working hard to keep us safe and when trying to take a break to eat – they face this type of reception from an employee of a local business and management calls it ‘politics’?”

Burch never named the restaurant. The Sherman Herald Democrat reported that the officers were refused service at the Whataburger in Denison just after midnight Saturday.
"We’re taking this claim seriously and investigating the details to take appropriate action,” a Whataburger Corporate Communications representative told Fox News Saturday. “We support the efforts of law enforcement in our communities and believe in serving all our customers with respect."

Denison Sgt. Holly Jenkins said on Facebook that the employee was unapologetic, expressed her hatred toward police and said she would continue to refuse service to police officers.

Jenkins said the two officers were served by another employee.

“I am saddened, disappointed and angry about the treatment these two officers received this morning,” she said. “However, when Whataburger or their staff call, we will respond. We will not hesitate. We will respond with courage, compassion and professionalism."

Burch began his post by saying that he gets it, “especially with the anti-police rhetoric from the national media and police-hate groups we see in the country, that many people buy into that rhetoric and dislike police.”

He added, “Most of those that I have come across in my career that hate cops are very familiar with us because many have a lengthy history of arrests or have friends or family members*with such a history. I get all this and we get used to it for the most part.”

The chief said a supervisor went to the restaurant afterward and spoke to the employee.

The employee alleged “cops beat up my boyfriend and are racists,” Burch said. He added that the woman told the supervisor her boyfriend was “beat up” when Denison officers arrested him a few weeks ago.

Burch said the supervisor went to the station and found the documentation of the arrest and then reviewed the video of the arrest from the arresting officer’s dash cam.
“It was a ‘routine’ arrest,” Burch said. “There was no physical altercation and no one injured. So the employee was simply lying about her boyfriend getting ‘beat up’ by police."
=======

Wha...wut.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
All this false outrage. The number of unarmed people shot went down last year from 234-169. of which only 16 were black. None of this accounts for the circumstance of the shooting, just the raw numbers. How about more than just a few of the hypocrites on the NFL field kneeling in support of this BS acknowledge strides are being made. Instead of idiots like Collin and Bennett getting all the attention for their cause built on lies (BLM) and falsehoods. And maybe people who blindly follow and post BS memes like this one can actually do some research tp see where things may have improve and acknowledge them as well. :picard

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
All this false outrage. The number of unarmed people shot went down last year from 234-169. of which only 16 were black. None of this accounts for the circumstance of the shooting, just the raw numbers. How about more than just a few of the hypocrites on the NFL field kneeling in support of this BS acknowledge strides are being made. Instead of idiots like Collin and Bennett getting all the attention for their cause built on lies (BLM) and falsehoods. And maybe people who blindly follow and post BS memes like this one can actually do some research tp see where things may have improve and acknowledge them as well. :picard
I'm not sure Bipo knows how to read.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I'm still waiting for Bennett to be called out for lying about being racially profiled by the Las Vegas PD

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
Could you please tell me a little more about that statistic?
I agree the reduction is huge (around 30%), but that number seems awfully high, does that mean that every other day an unarmed civilian is shot by a cop? Are there justified shootings among those? How many are deadly? How many bystanders?

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
Could you please tell me a little more about that statistic?
I agree the reduction is huge (around 30%), but that number seems awfully high, does that mean that every other day an unarmed civilian is shot by a cop? Are there justified shootings among those? How many are deadly? How many bystanders?
That's what I said, it's just the raw numbers and I have no clue of the circumstances. My guess is, in most there was some reason the officer drew and shot or, a warrant serving of some sort, but the numbers had no context. It doesn't mean there wasn't a circumstance where an officer had legit reason to feel threatened and believe a person may have had a gun. Still, what I'm saying is in numerical context with all the millions of police encounters a year, that's a tiny fraction and not anywhere near warranting the nonsense spewed by BLM and others like them. If they weren't found to be at least possibly justified, you'd definitely see a lot more prosecutions and you know based on current climate it would be all over the news. Again I further wish that instead of all the preening, they actually work with local agencies to see what is and has been done to improve training and cooperation within both departments and communities to reduce the numbers even more.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
And really, still silence from mass media sources on the number homicides in places like Chicago on a weekly basis, cuz, that doesn't fit the narrative that police are racists and whitey is out to eliminate all minorities. :picard

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Georgia officers on leave over after coin-toss used before decision to make arrest

"To bring a coin flip ... that's not part of that decision making to decide to take someone's freedom," the police chief said.

by Farnoush Amiri, Ethan Sacks and Kerry Sanders / Jul.13.2018 / 8:57 PM ET

Two Georgia police officers have been placed on leave after video showed them using a coin-toss app before determining whether to arrest a woman caught speeding in April, and the police chief said he is "appalled" by the move.

"Why am I being arrested?" Sarah Webb is heard saying to Officer Courtney Brown in the bodycam footage posted by NBC affiliate WXIA of Atlanta, which first reported the story.

Webb, who said Friday she was speeding because she was late for her job at a hair salon, was arrested on charges of speeding, reckless driving and driving too fast for conditions, according to police records. On Monday, a prosecutor dismissed the charges, the station reported.

In the video posted by WXIA, Brown and another officer, Kristee Wilson, are heard discussing what they should do with Webb, and the Brown says that she doesn't have speed detection equipment and Wilson says she doesn't have any tickets.

The officers used the terms "A" or arrest for heads, and "R" for release for tails, according to the station. The video audio appears to show Wilson say "This is tail right?," Brown says, "Yeah. So release?" and then Wilson says "23," or a police code for arrest, WXIA reported.

"These are people who are supposed to protect us, and instead are treating our freedom and our lives like games," Webb, 24, told NBC News in a phone interview Friday. "It’s disgusting. It’s scary to think police officers do stuff like this."

Roswell Police Chief Rusty Grant said that both officers have been placed on administrative leave and an internal investigation has been launched.

"I couldn't believe what I was seeing, to be honest," Grant told NBC News of the video. "It was appalling."

"This isn't a police procedure, to bring a coin flip — whether it's an app or an actual coin toss — that’s not part of that decision making to decide to take someone's freedom," Grant said.

Webb said she didn't know the officers used the coin-toss app before arresting her until she was contacted by WXIA three weeks before her court date.

In a police arrest report, Brown wrote that she was on patrol on April 7 when a vehicle sped past her, and she estimated in the report that the car was traveling around 85 mph in a 45 mph zone before it was pulled over.

Grant told NBC News that the two officers were put on administrative leave within a few days of Grant learning about the video.

In a statement to WXIA, Grant said that the officer's behavior is not representative of the standards of the Roswell Police Department. "I have much higher expectations of our police officers and I am appalled that any law enforcement officer would trivialize the decision making process of something as important as the arrest of a person," he said.

Webb said she's not satisfied with the officers being put on administrative leave, which she called "a paid vacation."

"I would like to see them fired, because they shouldn't have been playing with my freedom on a flip of a coin," she said.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
So how about the dumb twat Dallas officer who killed the black guy in his own apartment.

Says she thought it was hers.

Ya'll got some gems in law enforcement in Texas.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
Guys, one of my officers was shot last night while helping take down a group of robbers that had been hitting mostly hispanic bars in Ft. Worth and surrounding areas. Doesn't look good a the moment and I'd appreciate any prayers you care to send his way. God bless you all and take care.

Except you Bipo, F off. .

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Guys, one of my officers was shot last night while helping take down a group of robbers that had been hitting mostly hispanic bars in Ft. Worth and surrounding areas. Doesn't look good a the moment and I'd appreciate any prayers you care to send his way. God bless you all and take care.

You got it.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Man, I am really sorry to hear this, brother. I'm not the praying type, but I damn well will keep this officer in my thoughts. Be safe out there.

Top Bottom