The Coronavirus Thread...

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
Did anyone else hear Pence just say 552,000 tests have been performed in the US?

wish we knew what the results were

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
thoughts?

Oxford Model: Coronavirus May Have Already Infected Half of U.K. Population

^^^that's a good thing^^^

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
not so fast, I dont trust Chinas numbers. Not happy with where ours are heading but dont believe China is as low and stagnated as they claim
Yeah I'm hesitant to trust the numbers coming out of countries like China, N. Korea, and Cuba. I saw a global map earlier today that showed where the virus was present. It was a basic color coded map.....red, orange, yellow with red being the most severe areas. Well N. Korea was colored yellow. I'd bet good money that's not accurate.

Be that as it may. I think there's two main reasons numbers are skyrocketing in the United States.

1. More testing is being done. We're getting more test in so we're able to identify more people who are infected.

2. American arrogance. From the young spring breakers in Florida to posters on this very board, Americans hate any infringement on their personal freedoms. And any time the government dares to threaten that personal freedom, hairs stand up on the backs of peoples' neck and they immediately push to do the opposite of whatever guidance was given by the government.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I got out yesterday and played a round of golf. A lot of people were out walking because they were tired of being cooped up. I did see they were keeping safe distances from each other. The club house wiped every cart down as they were turned in and they allowed only one person per cart. Our group didn’t do the usual hand shakes before and after the round and the cups on the greens were set up with adapters to where you didn’t have to reach down in the hole to retrieve your ball. If people will be sensible about things and exercise simple hygiene habits we learned in grade school, things can be controlled for the most part.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I can only speak for my neighborhood, but damn.

Kids up the ass, playing together in groups. Touching each other's handle bars.

Adults walking around, congregating in groups.

Yeah, this is not going anywhere, anytime soon.

And this is AFTER a stay in place order.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member

H-E-B leaders started communicating with Chinese suppliers, retailers, and other key market leaders back in early January in order to prep for this.

Basically they took the opposite approach that Trump took, where he denied and deflected for over 2 months.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

H-E-B leaders started communicating with Chinese suppliers, retailers, and other key market leaders back in early January in order to prep for this.

Basically they took the opposite approach that Trump took, where he denied and deflected for over 2 months.
Trump stopped flights from China other than US returning home in January and was called racist for it

Sheik

DCC 4Life
I just read another wave of the virus is popping up in China. It was on my news feed and now I can’t find it.

Something about it’s happening in large factories.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I just read another wave of the virus is popping up in China. It was on my news feed and now I can’t find it.

Something about it’s happening in large factories.
Or it never left and they are lying so they can blame other countries for not containing it

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I can only speak for my neighborhood, but damn.

Kids up the ass, playing together in groups. Touching each other's handle bars.

Adults walking around, congregating in groups.

Yeah, this is not going anywhere, anytime soon.

And this is AFTER a stay in place order.
I live across the street from the neighborhood playground and a dozen out of school teens congregate there every day to do such wholesome things as, play basketball, wedge themselves into the yellow baby bucket swings, smoke, etc.

Meanwhile I'm locked in my upstairs home office and my wife struggles with two kids under 5 keeping them sane inside or in the confines of our yard. We have "play dates" with other neighborhood kids that entails letting them come up to the fence and chat for a few minutes, maybe watch each other play with chalk.

I've concluded most parents are basically braindead losers themselves.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Like I said earlier in this thread, this is why restrictions have to be put in place.

People are fucking stupid.
I don't agree with the restrictions but people are dumb as shit and most of these videos are staged to be funny. It's not funny though, it's just dumb.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
The current administration in THIS country should be held responsible?
Of course. We have the most confirmed cases in the world. Inaction and stupidity early on are going to cost us dearly in lives and treasure. You can't find a HCW in the ED who doesn't despise Trump right now. You put people's lives and families at risk and they stop listening to Fox News pundits.

Of course, the consequences will occur at the polls, or they won't.

Top Bottom