The Coronavirus Thread...

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I hope you're taking care of yourself, @lostxn.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
:doh on Pelosi.

You know the provision the Republicans found in the bill that would pay, say, an unemployed worker in South Carolina $24 not to work vs $17 at their job? The one that is obviously a bad idea to incentivize unemployment?

I saw an MSNBC report on the non-passing of the bill yesterday. They framed it as "The Republicans would rather deny hurting workers a tiny raise than pass this relief bill."

True story. Unbelievable.
They are hoping to use this as bait to keep people on welfare. The more people on welfare and reliant on the government, the better for them.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Our work-from-home directive was just extended to April 24th.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Good gawd, I hope ours doesn't last that long. I mean, it's nice being home and all but my family may all murder each other if we are home that long.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
We haven't had that yet. They are meeting tonight so I expect some skeleton crew type situation here. My work requires at least 1 person here everyday or spend several hundred thousand dollars outfitting computers. Too late to do that now, though.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
They are hoping to use this as bait to keep people on welfare. The more people on welfare and reliant on the government, the better for them.
Yep, probably also don't want the unemployment numbers improving any more than necessary. There is an election coming up.

Pathetic as it is, that's how they think.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
We're going pass China today or tomorrow on confirmed cases. Awesome-sauce.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Top Bottom