The Coronavirus Thread...

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I saw a Patrick interview, and he was just saying that he, even in the high risk category at 70+, would rather possibly expose himself to getting sick than have our economy collapse and never come back. He said he didn't want to die, and would take all the recommended precautions, but he wanted his grandchildren to have the same opportunities and economy that he had.

I don't think it's that crazy a position. But I don't think it's either/or, either. I think the economy will come back when we get a better handle on this virus.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Woo hoo, I'm getting $3400 from this bill.

I think I'm gonna get a nice new PC monitor.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I assume there are at least a few Texans that post here. I recently read an article where it seems your Lt. Governor, and he says, other grandparents are willing to die for the economy? Thoughts on this? Is this a prevalent feeling in Texas? Are Texans, in general, willing to die so the economy doesn't collapse? Like a war or something?
I’m pretty much up on the news in Texas and this is the first I have heard of this. If actually stated it would get sufficient time on the local news stations.

Cotton

Staff member

Has it ever been determined if it's combined household income or singular income that can't be over 75k?

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
I’m pretty much up on the news in Texas and this is the first I have heard of this. If actually stated it would get sufficient time on the local news stations.
Sounds like he was speaking for himself, as usual the outrage machine took over and twisted his meaning

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Has it ever been determined if it's combined household income or singular income that can't be over 75k?
Singular.

Combined up to 150k.

That was the last I heard... technically the bill still hasn't passed, but seems like it will.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Do you know if its 75,000 for a married couple or 150,000? I'll fall under 150,000 with my wife and two children but would be screwed if it's the other amounts for both of us.

Either way I'm sending bills to clients when the check comes. They pay their bills and I'll make way more money

Cotton

Staff member
Do you know if its 75,000 for a married couple or 150,000? I'll fall under 150,000 with my wife and two children but would be screwed if it's the other amounts for both of us.

Either way I'm sending bills to clients when the check comes. They pay their bills and I'll make way more money
See post above yours. It's combined. I would be in the same boat as you if it was combined income, but we come in under 150k combined, so you and I both should be good.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
So what is the final amount coming to each individual American in the end?

Cotton

Staff member
So what is the final amount coming to each individual American in the end?
What has been proposed and is in the bill is $1200 per adult and $500 per kid in the household.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

:picard

Top Bottom