The Coronavirus Thread...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
This is an email from the President of TTU:

On Tuesday, the City of Lubbock announced that it was suspending the reporting of COVID-19 cases, through the city dashboard that was established at the onset of the pandemic in 2020. Following their lead, we have made the decision to suspend reporting on our own campus dashboard, effective today.

The decline in COVID-19 cases across campus, our city, and the nation is welcomed news as we move closer to endemic status. COVID-19 will continue to spread but with access to the vaccines and increasing immunity in our population, we are hopeful that this disease will be more manageable and cause less disruption in the future.

Testing and vaccine clinics will continue to be offered through the remainder of the spring semester.

I want to thank each of you for your diligence and your patience over the last two years as we navigated the challenges of this pandemic.

_

And just like that, this whole thing is about to disappear.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Fucking.
Over.

I was at a Starbucks in Dallas last night. It was comical; the store still keeps the sugar and condiments behind the counter, the workers wore masks and half the idiots buying coffee wore masks, one of them a fucking RN. I just stared at her for the idiot that she is. Stupid seems to die so hard for these sheeple.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Fucking.
Over.

I was at a Starbucks in Dallas last night. It was comical; the store still keeps the sugar and condiments behind the counter, the workers wore masks and half the idiots buying coffee wore masks, one of them a fucking RN. I just stared at her for the idiot that she is. Stupid seems to die so hard for these sheeple.
Your first problem was Starbucks...

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
So...here is what I think happens next since the window for creating a new variant has become distracted by real things going on globally.

The rubble of COVID-related deaths, etc., is going to be a huge deal for Big Insurance.

There will be a lot of specials, documentaries and testimonials with the "long haulers".

They will become the next generation of con-artists that exploits our country's inept disability system.

It is a legal bonanza. Hell lawyers have been pent up too.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
it amazes me that the masses rolled over because at the beginning of it all the stats proved that it wasn’t a deadly threat except for a very segment of the population in this country. Yet even the medical community paniced and fell in line with the panic stricken population. I still shake my head from disbelief of the reactions that were displayed. I guess it’s true that even knowledgeable people are puppets when exposed to the hysteria.

Cotton

Staff member
it amazes me that the masses rolled over because at the beginning of it all the stats proved that it wasn’t a deadly threat except for a very segment of the population in this country. Yet even the medical community paniced and fell in line with the panic stricken population. I still shake my head from disbelief of the reactions that were displayed. I guess it’s true that even knowledgeable people are puppets when exposed to the hysteria.
Dead on.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Look, I don't think this whole shitshow should degenerate into a scoreboard type of thing.

All I know is that I had loved ones who died from it. And at the same time, I can at least see the very distinct possibility that things were extended for political gain.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The masses are your fellow dipshits, L.T.

Everyone that annoys you? They are part of that.

Thing is, it was not "fake". But there was definitely some social engineering that was engaged at some point.

Let's suppose it is just like other widespread irrational hysteria, like say, McCarthyism.

Now are you still amazed?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Look, I don't think this whole shitshow should degenerate into a scoreboard type of thing.

All I know is that I had loved ones who died from it. And at the same time, I can at least see the very distinct possibility that things were extended for political gain.
And I can see how having love ones meet their demise would influence those who lost people but that was a small segment of the population and objectivity could be tempered but it should only affect a small number. That wasn’t what was happening at all. The panic and hysteria enveloped the majority instead and allowed the circumstance to move way past the reasonable circumstances.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
The masses are your fellow dipshits, L.T.

Everyone that annoys you? They are part of that.

Thing is, it was not "fake". But there was definitely some social engineering that was engaged at some point.

Let's suppose it is just like other widespread irrational hysteria, like say, McCarthyism.

Now are you still amazed?
Yes aren’t you?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
And I can see how having love ones meet their demise would influence those who lost people but that was a small segment of the population and objectivity could be tempered but it should only affect a small number. That wasn’t what was happening at all. The panic and hysteria enveloped the majority instead and allowed the circumstance to move way past the reasonable circumstances.
Objectivity should be tempered?

K I am done here before I get accused of elder abuse.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
The data is 100% solid on all of this.

The vaccine has proven to reduce severe symptoms for those that are vulnerable. Those that have already had covid are less likely to have severe symptoms with additional infections than those who have had vaccines. The vaccine does have some risks. Therefore, if you have already had covid there is no reason to take the vaccine since you are only adding risk at that point.

Also, masks and quarantine efforts have been a completely failure. Masks on kids are harmful to their development.

Plus our entire world has gone mad

That’s all I got.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
Fauci ought to pop his little weasel head out from wherever he’s been hiding to tell us all how we should be reacting.

I have not missed that like fag.

Cotton

Staff member
Fauci ought to pop his little weasel head out from wherever he’s been hiding to tell us all how we should be reacting.

I have not missed that like fag.
It is weird how Fauci just flat out disappeared.

Top Bottom