The Coronavirus Thread...

p1_

DCC 4Life
finally this fucker dying out. Took long enough.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
They dropped all mask mandates for my company.

I am starting to think this was all one big fat social experiment.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
They dropped all mask mandates for my company.

I am starting to think this was all one big fat social experiment.
It was something. A pandemic it was not.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
It was something. A pandemic it was not.
I think the first wave and second waves were pretty significant, I lost several loved ones.

I think Omicron was seriously weaponized and used for political purposes to stretch out whatever they could out of the profits.

Now, there is no excuse for people to sit on their asses and not work and also for corporations to stop using a very overplayed supply chain issue to explain away rampant gouging.

Do I expect things to change back to normal? Nope.

Cotton

Staff member
I think the first wave and second waves were pretty significant, I lost several loved ones.

I think Omicron was seriously weaponized and used for political purposes to stretch out whatever they could out of the profits.

Now, there is no excuse for people to sit on their asses and not work and also for corporations to stop using a very overplayed supply chain issue to explain away rampant gouging.

Do I expect things to change back to normal? Nope.
They won't give back control until we take it from them.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
It doesn’t matter how overblown this whole exercise was. The CDC flexed and the masses bowed down. They’ll do it again when it’s politically expedient.

It’s an awful virus that does different things to different people. I’ve seen it kill a relatively healthy person, I’ve seen it kill many unhealthy people. It sucks.

It sucks more that it was politicized from the start, and like every other issue that gets made into a political football, the truth doesn’t matter. The only thing that matters is you dig your heels in on what your side says.

I firmly believe that lockdowns were the biggest unforced error in the history of this country. The waves of repercussion will be felt for years to come. Mental health, supply chain and pricing, and worst of all basic human decency and respect for privacy that we mostly used to show our neighbors and fellow man.

Cotton

Staff member
It doesn’t matter how overblown this whole exercise was. The CDC flexed and the masses bowed down. They’ll do it again when it’s politically expedient.

It’s an awful virus that does different things to different people. I’ve seen it kill a relatively healthy person, I’ve seen it kill many unhealthy people. It sucks.

It sucks more that it was politicized from the start, and like every other issue that gets made into a political football, the truth doesn’t matter. The only thing that matters is you dig your heels in on what your side says.

I firmly believe that lockdowns were the biggest unforced error in the history of this country. The waves of repercussion will be felt for years to come. Mental health, supply chain and pricing, and worst of all basic human decency and respect for privacy that we mostly used to show our neighbors and fellow man.
We need to talk.

Top Bottom