The Coronavirus Thread...

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
The overaction to the Coronavirus is about the same as all the other over reactions over the past several years. Every year it’s something else and new. There has been the Asian flu and it’s various strains then SARS and Ebola and so on. It’s like the center for disease control and Drug companies are working hand in hand to create enough panic so Congress or the President will allocate billions to deal with it.

I think it is serious but I also think the solution is already determined and just waiting for the funds that will be allocated. Conspiracy? Maybe maybe not but this scenario with minor changes has become an annual event for the past several years. The majority had been directed at the elderly but some have also had youth as a target.

Just a thought. I think it will play out about the same as before. Someone creates a new bug and pushes the button every so often. Then there is the perennial flu season that will be coming up.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I saw the Coronavirus compared to other pandemics we have had. CV kills at a 2% rate. Ebola, Swine Flue, SARS and all of the others killed at a rate between 30-60%. Yeah, I think the hysteria is a little exaggerated.

Cotton

Staff member

Truth. The left has absolutely tried to weaponize this crisis against Trump.

Cotton

Staff member
Where did you get that stat?

Ebola is over 60% and the others are below 30%.
I don't have the exact numbers memorized, but they were exponentially higher than 2%.

Cotton

Staff member

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Swine flu's 0.02% is not exponentially higher than 2%.
Is your number an answer of 2% of the population or of cases reported?

I know you are responding to another parties statement but I wonder how the bottom line number is compiled.

data

Forbes #1
Is your number an answer of 2% of the population or of cases reported?

I know you are responding to another parties statement but I wonder how the bottom line number is compiled.
Da dawg said swine flu had 30%-60% fatality rate, then clarified that it was exponentially higher than 2%, then posts a tweet about 12k Americans dying from the 60M Americans that got it.

12k / 60M = 0.02%

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Da dawg said swine flu had 30%-60% fatality rate, then clarified that it was exponentially higher than 2%, then posts a tweet about 12k Americans dying from the 60M Americans that got it.

12k / 60M = 0.02%
Okay. That answers my question. The ratio is measured based on reported cases. Thanks.

Cotton

Staff member
That’s fine. So what region did your stats derive from? An assisted living facility in Chernobyl?
World-wide.

Cotton

Staff member
I found the chart just for Phil. I was too high on SARS.

8DB43C0F-B032-4000-AF77-1DEA300E32D1.jpeg

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
How many remember H1N1? It was the worst one and not that long ago. I remain a little suspicious about conspiracy from some quarter.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
You may not die, but at the very least it’ll be a 14-day quarantine inconvenience. I don’t want jury duty for one-day, let alone two weeks of quarantine.

For many, they’ll get fired from their job if they miss 2 weeks. I wonder how many people are working right now because they can’t afford to get fired.
No one is getting fired in the USA. We have this cool thing called FMLA.

Top Bottom