The Coronavirus Thread...

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Yeah the judge in my circuit issued an order earlier this week that everyone who hasn't been vaccinated has to wear a mask in the court house. That order was rescinded in 24 hours. I'm assuming he got a lot of pushback.

Seems a little sketchy for a judge to basically out everyone who hasn't been vaccinated.
seems like a HIPPA violation to me.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
seems like a HIPPA violation to me.
Yeah, it's not really a HIPAA violation but when it comes to a courthouse people have a legal and constitutional right to the court system. And frankly some people have no choice but to appear in court (Legal trouble, criminal case, defendant in a lawsuit). To then turn around and basically say those people have to declare if they have had the vaccine or not with a mask certainly seems like a violation of rights.

It's a little different with a private business where you can either choose to go there or go somewhere else. The courts are not optional in many circumstances.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Yeah, it's not really a HIPAA violation but when it comes to a courthouse people have a legal and constitutional right to the court system. And frankly some people have no choice but to appear in court (Legal trouble, criminal case, defendant in a lawsuit). To then turn around and basically say those people have to declare if they have had the vaccine or not with a mask certainly seems like a violation of rights.

It's a little different with a private business where you can either choose to go there or go somewhere else. The courts are not optional in many circumstances.
Are you sure on the HIPPA deal? Seems like being forced to share health information in public is towing the line.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Are you sure on the HIPPA deal? Seems like being forced to share health information in public is towing the line.
HIPAA only applies to medical facilities and their duty to keep confidential your health records. Which doesn't do much good when a prosecutor can issue a subpoena for them and force their production...

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
There is a reason the French people are forming massive protests. As well they should. Don't let this dictator fuck get away with this.
Australia is having large protests too right now because they trying to lock them back down over 2 covid deaths and they were both over 70yrs old

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Australia is having large protests too right now because they trying to lock them back down over 2 covid deaths and they were both over 70yrs old
The people will not allow this shit. It's good to see.

p1_

DCC 4Life
There is a reason the French people are forming massive protests. As well they should. Don't let this dictator fuck get away with this.
whatta load of shite.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
The media is continuing to pound the news that the Covid pandemic is poised for another surge in cases. Obviously a very large section of the world population has been made aware that an outbreak is still not any more harmful that the almost non existent dangers of contracting the virus. Anyone who is still in a panic is either ignoring facts or are highly slanted to political motives. However expect more of the propaganda as well as the addition of new viral danger Drumbeating.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
The media is continuing to pound the news that the Covid pandemic is poised for another surge in cases. Obviously a very large section of the world population has been made aware that an outbreak is still not any more harmful that the almost non existent dangers of contracting the virus. Anyone who is still in a panic is either ignoring facts or are highly slanted to political motives. However expect more of the propaganda as well as the addition of new viral danger Drumbeating.
There won't be as much controversy over this one. There isn't an election.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
There will probably be more hyping to get further vaccinations because the drug companies expected a larger participation of the Covid vaccine and they will likely double down on the new virus in order to make up some ground for revenue shortfall of the Covid program.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I saw the other day that 6 Yankees got Covid. The majority of those players had gotten the vaccine. In fact over 80% of their team has had the vaccine. So it sort of makes me wonder if the vaccine really has anything to do with the variant Hotspot. Everyone wants to pretend like Speingfield Missouri is a hot spot because only about 30% of the people there have been vaccinated. But clearly I'm not sure how much the vaccine really helps prevent the variant.

Not trying to be an anti vaccine guy. I'm genuinely curious how many people getting infected have been vaccinated.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Wait until this time next year and watch how hysterical they get since Manchin and Sinema haven't budged on repealing the filibuster. Calling it now they will try locking down again before the midterms so they can enact mass mail in votes again

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I saw the other day that 6 Yankees got Covid. The majority of those players had gotten the vaccine. In fact over 80% of their team has had the vaccine. So it sort of makes me wonder if the vaccine really has anything to do with the variant Hotspot. Everyone wants to pretend like Speingfield Missouri is a hot spot because only about 30% of the people there have been vaccinated. But clearly I'm not sure how much the vaccine really helps prevent the variant.
But getting the vaccine never meant you couldn't be infected, it just meant that if you got it you should already have antibodies to prevent it from becoming serious.

So cases mean less than ever. But they'll still try to blow it up into another crisis for ratings and power.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Wait until this time next year and watch how hysterical they get since Manchin and Sinema haven't budged on repealing the filibuster. Calling it now they will try locking down again before the midterms so they can enact mass mail in votes again
They can try locking down all they want but they have no authority over state and local governments.

Top Bottom