The Coronavirus Thread...

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
How do you know they are leftists?
Well they're being enabled and endorsed by the leftist mayors -- Seattle, Portland, NYC.

And I'm not as big a Fauci hater as some, but how can you deny that he lied? He and all the officials directly stated early on that masks wouldn't help and could even be detrimental. Now maybe you think they had a good reason for lying, but they still lied.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Well they're being enabled and endorsed by the leftist mayors -- Seattle, Portland, NYC.

And I'm not as big a Fauci hater as some, but how can you deny that he lied? He and all the officials directly stated early on that masks wouldn't help and could even be detrimental. Now maybe you think they had a good reason for lying, but they still lied.
Because I heard him speak verbatim. He said "save the masks for the healthcare workers." There was a run on masks anyway. Even in the hospital we had admin people stealing masks from the supply rooms and taking them home. I had a guy at Home Depot ask me if he could buy hospital masks off me. All despite the CDC recs. In a time of limited resources you have to ration. I know you know that but you still want to blame people because it fits the agenda or at least the agenda of RW douchebags on Twitter.

I think they did not forsee the thousands of people getting on their sewing machines and addressing the problem themselves. In retrospect that perhaps should have been the message but I still think the runs on masks would have happened. People are selfish and ignorant. See Twitter...

Again Fauci isn't perfect but you guys lose so much credibility when you know the admin is full of shit and the one guy trying to say the right things has become an "enemy of the people." It's like "I'd rather be lied to."

lostxn

DCC 4Life
thats my story and I'm sticking with it
I'm gonna be super bummed if there is no season but, frankly, with the nature of the sport and size of rosters it would be a hell of a risk. The great majority of players would be fine if they get it but there would be player deaths most likely, and very likely staff deaths. The offensive and defensive line players I would be most worried about. Obviously any diabetic players. Cutler retired so they only diabetic player I am aware of is Mark Andrews. He's Type 1. I would be shocked if there aren't some Type 2 who just haven't gone public. I wouldn't if I were them. Might hurt your career.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Because I heard him speak verbatim. He said "save the masks for the healthcare workers."
Maybe so, I'd have to find his exact quote. However, we know the Surgeon General did say masks do not help and could increase your chances of getting infected. And he's not official, but Sanjay Gupta said on one of his daily radio spots that mask did nothing and were actually more dangerous than not wearing one, which never made sense.

Again Fauci isn't perfect but you guys lose so much credibility when you know the admin is full of shit and the one guy trying to say the right things has become an "enemy of the people."
I never said he was an enemy of the people. See, when you exaggerate like this it really weakens your argument.

I actually think he seems like a good guy and a good public health official. He has been wrong a bunch, though, and I don't think he's above reproach.

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
I'm gonna be super bummed if there is no season but, frankly, with the nature of the sport and size of rosters it would be a hell of a risk. The great majority of players would be fine if they get it but there would be player deaths most likely, and very likely staff deaths. The offensive and defensive line players I would be most worried about. Obviously any diabetic players. Cutler retired so they only diabetic player I am aware of is Mark Andrews. He's Type 1. I would be shocked if there aren't some Type 2 who just haven't gone public. I wouldn't if I were them. Might hurt your career.

I actually think they might start the season but a break out or a death of someone notable will cause fear to spread among the players/owners and it'll get shut down. I certainly hope not but with the close quarters players like the linemen are in, I don't see how they can avoid an outbreak among that group. I suppose they may wear full plastic face shields but thats gonna be a bitch on a hot day

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's all about testing. As long as the players are tested virtually every day you should be able to mitigate outbreaks from player to player for the most part. The positive tests will likely come more from outside the NFL as players continue to live their lives. So you'll mostly just need to catch it before that player/coach can spread it to teammates.

I think suggesting that players will die of coronavirus is highly unlikely.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
People misuse the term science way too much. They claim things are science when it's really still just conjecture or an educated opinion. That doesn't make things science. It's like people think if the majority of the scientific community agrees on something it makes it "science" but it does not. In fact it actually shows the lack of intellegence in the person making the claim.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Maybe so, I'd have to find his exact quote. However, we know the Surgeon General did say masks do not help and could increase your chances of getting infected. And he's not official, but Sanjay Gupta said on one of his daily radio spots that mask did nothing and were actually more dangerous than not wearing one, which never made sense.
I was unaware of Sanjay's comments but clearly he was incorrect if he said that. I will say data on masks wasn't there early on. We thought the virus was spread mainly by touching an infected surface and then touching your face. Now we think it's more about airborne transmission. So it might be a timing thing. Hard to know as it's a dynamic situation.

I never said he was an enemy of the people. See, when you exaggerate like this it really weakens your argument.

I actually think he seems like a good guy and a good public health official. He has been wrong a bunch, though, and I don't think he's above reproach.
Well you posted someone else's Tweet so I assumed you were onboard with his agenda. Without you explaining your position with nuance it's hard to gauge.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
If you can smell a fart with a mask on, a mask isn’t stoping an airborne pathogen.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
And has anyone stopped to think about how filthy and disgusting a mask is after the first time you wear it?

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Top Bottom