The Coronavirus Thread...

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Masks cause just as many problems as they might solve. Who here can honestly say that the majority of people they see wearing masks are not constantly touching them? Wearing them under their nose? Wearing the same one for hours/days/weeks at a time? I'd be willing to bet that the mask wearers reading this do the same thing.

Most people have never even heard of proper aseptic technique, much less know how it works. (I was a surgical tech in the Army, so yeah. I know what it is, and how it works.) Once you put on a mask, you are not supposed to touch it. Once you do, all the contaminants on your hands are now on the mask. Right in front of your mouth and nose, on a warm, moist surface from your breath. Not good. Then, when you continue to do this throughout your day, you are only cross contaminating everything you touch. Spreading those germs on your hands and mask, to every surface you touch. And vice versa.

Same with people that put on a pair of gloves when they leave the house, then proceed to touch every damn thing they come across without changing them. Not good.

About the only thing a mask would be good for in this situation would be if you had an active, frequent cough. And in that case, you shouldn't be out, anyway.

So, yeah. Count me in the no mask crowd. They cause more trouble than they are worth when not used properly.
That's just rationalization and it's wrong. This is a studied thing and masks help. Half the benefit of the mask is that it prevents you from touching your face which most people do constantly. So what you think is a problem that people touch the mask is actually a benefit. Otherwise they would be touching their naked face. You do need to wash your hands or use hand sanitizer when you take your mask on or off.

All that being said, you might still get it. However, if you can prevent yourself from breathing the virus deep into your lungs I think your chance of getting seriously ill goes down quite a bit. I have nothing more than an early study and anecdotal evidence to support that final statement so take it as you will.

Count me in the listen to the CDC not Twitter crowd.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Yep sorry the lockdowns are over, we will not be shutting down again due to insane speeches like this by our "betters"

lostxn

DCC 4Life
No is this actually something you're gonna fall for? BLM caused the spike in COVID19 cases?

The same sources telling you it was no longer a problem is now throwing this shit out so you ignore they were lying to you.

In watching the MSM coverage of the protests it was repeatedly mentioned that we were in the middle of a pandemic and all people attending these protests were rec to get tested. But can you find people who didn't say it perfectly if you cherry pick? Sure. Weeeee....

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
No is this actually something you're gonna fall for? BLM caused the spike in COVID19 cases?

The same sources telling you it was no longer a problem is now throwing this shit out so you ignore they were lying to you.

In watching the MSM coverage of the protests it was repeatedly mentioned that we were in the middle of a pandemic and all people attending these protests were rec to get tested. But can you find people who didn't say it perfectly if you cherry pick? Sure. Weeeee....
What does that matter if the media is cherry picking when they will and when they will not say it's dangerous to be in groups? The hypocrisy is rich.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Some of those protest crowds look like they could rival a sporting event...
Yeah a lot of the protest crowds look closer to 25,000 than 2,500

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Yeah, and probably even bigger than that. But I was just using smaller numbers for context.
Yep, but opening up your mom and pop store/restaurant is what's really killing people, nevermind the crowds at costco this whole time

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I mean contact tracers are forbidden from asking if someone attended a protest recently but I swear guys, we are playing this by the book, the bias is in your heads.

GFY

lostxn

DCC 4Life
What does that matter if the media is cherry picking when they will and when they will not say it's dangerous to be in groups? The hypocrisy is rich.
There is hipocracy on both sides, trust me. 2-3 weeks ago you guys were spiking the football and saying the whole thing was a hoax. I can give you a link if you like.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
There is hipocracy on both sides, trust me. 2-3 weeks ago you guys were spiking the football and saying the whole thing was a hoax. I can give you a link if you like.

And then you fucks had protests of 100k people shoulder to shoulder and now want to say "we're all to blame"

Again, and I can't say this enough, GFY

Top Bottom