The Coronavirus Thread...

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
We are starting to look like we never even got through the first wave.

Meanwhile other countries can enjoy spectator sports again.

Wear a fuckin' mask, ya cunts.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
We are starting to look like we never even got through the first wave.

Meanwhile other countries can enjoy spectator sports again.

Wear a fuckin' mask, ya cunts.
No.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Well, let's see how this all plays out.
When the "scientists" said protesting was ok the gig was up. The lockdown is over and we will NOT go back in to one.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
When the "scientists" said protesting was ok the gig was up. The lockdown is over and we will NOT go back in to one.
When did anyone come out and say that?

If anything, these protests have threatened the position.

These are two different things.

The virus has always been there. The fact that social justice was suddenly more important will be something for history to point out later.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
When did anyone come out and say that?

Correct, no one has ever come out and said that.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Yes, the experts were co-opted by politics and virtue signaling, but that doesn't mean they were wrong about masks.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Masks cause just as many problems as they might solve. Who here can honestly say that the majority of people they see wearing masks are not constantly touching them? Wearing them under their nose? Wearing the same one for hours/days/weeks at a time? I'd be willing to bet that the mask wearers reading this do the same thing.

Most people have never even heard of proper aseptic technique, much less know how it works. (I was a surgical tech in the Army, so yeah. I know what it is, and how it works.) Once you put on a mask, you are not supposed to touch it. Once you do, all the contaminants on your hands are now on the mask. Right in front of your mouth and nose, on a warm, moist surface from your breath. Not good. Then, when you continue to do this throughout your day, you are only cross contaminating everything you touch. Spreading those germs on your hands and mask, to every surface you touch. And vice versa.

Same with people that put on a pair of gloves when they leave the house, then proceed to touch every damn thing they come across without changing them. Not good.

About the only thing a mask would be good for in this situation would be if you had an active, frequent cough. And in that case, you shouldn't be out, anyway.

So, yeah. Count me in the no mask crowd. They cause more trouble than they are worth when not used properly.

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
Masks cause just as many problems as they might solve. Who here can honestly say that the majority of people they see wearing masks are not constantly touching them? Wearing them under their nose? Wearing the same one for hours/days/weeks at a time? I'd be willing to bet that the mask wearers reading this do the same thing.

Most people have never even heard of proper aseptic technique, much less know how it works. (I was a surgical tech in the Army, so yeah. I know what it is, and how it works.) Once you put on a mask, you are not supposed to touch it. Once you do, all the contaminants on your hands are now on the mask. Right in front of your mouth and nose, on a warm, moist surface from your breath. Not good. Then, when you continue to do this throughout your day, you are only cross contaminating everything you touch. Spreading those germs on your hands and mask, to every surface you touch. And vice versa.

Same with people that put on a pair of gloves when they leave the house, then proceed to touch every damn thing they come across without changing them. Not good.

About the only thing a mask would be good for in this situation would be if you had an active, frequent cough. And in that case, you shouldn't be out, anyway.

So, yeah. Count me in the no mask crowd. They cause more trouble than they are worth when not used properly.
I leave my mask on the dash and dont drive every day, so if I go to the store I put it on, shop, come back to the truck, take it off and throw on the dash to bake in the hot sun.

Any thoughts on how long germs, etc can live on a mask sitting in a hot vehicle? or anywhere for that matter?

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Any thoughts on how long germs, etc can live on a mask sitting in a hot vehicle? or anywhere for that matter?
I have no idea. I'm sure some viruses and other germs die quickly, while others last longer. But the point remains. People don't know how to properly use them. You can plainly see this every day.

Can you honestly say that you've never touched your mask while wearing it? To be able to eat or drink? To talk more clearly? To just get a breath of fresh air? Or some other reason?

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
I have no idea. I'm sure some viruses and other germs die quickly, while others last longer. But the point remains. People don't know how to properly use them. You can plainly see this every day.

Can you honestly say that you've never touched your mask while wearing it? To be able to eat or drink? To talk more clearly? To just get a breath of fresh air? Or some other reason?
Oh, I touch it all the time. If I put my glasses on, they immediate fog up so I'm forced to move the mask, not to mention how it moves around all time and I feel the need to adjust it

I wear it in the hope I have less of a chance of spreading should I unknowingly be infected but maybe thats a waste of time

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Oh, I touch it all the time. If I put my glasses on, they immediate fog up so I'm forced to move the mask, not to mention how it moves around all time and I feel the need to adjust it

I wear it in the hope I have less of a chance of spreading should I unknowingly be infected but maybe thats a waste of time
I want to say, you are a very cool cat to chat with. Even if you get hit with confrontation you still maintain a cool head. Has nothing to do with the conversation, I just wanted to throw out props.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Not all masks are built alike. Some have better filtration systems than others. But why people wear masks alone in the car or on a walk is beyond me.

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
I want to say, you are a very cool cat to chat with. Even if you get hit with confrontation you still maintain a cool head. Has nothing to do with the conversation, I just wanted to throw out props.
Thx bro, I appreciate you saying that.

Somewhere along the way I realized I don't know jack shit compared to all the knowledge in the universe so perhaps I should STFU, get over myself, quit wasting time trying to win/pwn, listen to others and learn what I can along the way.

Who learns anything in an echo chamber anyway?

Top Bottom