The Athletic: Jimmy Johnson and the Miami Dolphins never became the match made in heaven they should have been

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Randy Galloway's nickname for Switzer was ISP (Insignificant Sideline Personnel), so I hope you have someone else in mind.
Randy Galloway hated Switzer long before he became the Cowboys coach. He is one of the local reporters that couldn't stand for Switzer to be in the state of Texas. He was and is completely bias in this regard. If you are from this area you would know that. Also if you have a feasible explanation as to how the #3 SB was conquered solely by Johnson, like Ross Perot says , I’m all ears.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Johnson didn’t have the player windfall with Miami he had in Dallas with the Walker trade. It was an immediate bonanza and carried over dividends for the next 2 to 3 seasons.
But when he got the bonanza, he turned it into a team that could win a Superbowl even after he was gone.

The way he rebuilt Miami’s defense so fast was startling. Unfortunately he had the take chances on drafting offensive talent too often. I can’t blame him for taking Green, everyone had him ranked as that drafts best WR.

But Avery amounted to a desperate gamble, basically. It was too bad not a lot of good FA WRs were around in that stretch. The offensive talent more than anything forced Johnson to be more conservative than he— or Marino— liked.

Top Bottom