The Artificial Intelligence Thread

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I'm going to have Alexa start posting for me here after I die.

If I suddenly have measured, reasonable opinions on McDonald's, the Eagles, or Josh Allen, you'll know.
Are you suggesting your opinions on McD's, the Eagles, and Josh Allen aren't measured and reasonable now?

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
The stock board ones weren't working... :tippytoe

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Yeah, I can foresee people seeing this shit on Instagram or whatever and try doing it themselves with real animals. We are that stupid as a species.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Meh, certain professions are protected by professional licenses. You might be able to use something like ChatGPT to help with paperwork but ultimately when you appear in court you either represent yourself or you have an attorney.
The general feeling at my firm is that the paralegals may eventually be on the chop block (like, why do I need 4 paralegals to input data into software? I can have an AI do it with one paralegal to oversee it all), but by eventually, I mean, like, not this year or anything.

But the attorneys are going to stand up for attorneys. An AI won't be allowed to appear in court. Attorneys on the licensing boards will write the rules so that AI-created work cannot be used in court in front of a judge, since, you know, what AI is, is basically massive copying from other sources.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
The general feeling at my firm is that the paralegals may eventually be on the chop block (like, why do I need 4 paralegals to input data into software? I can have an AI do it with one paralegal to oversee it all), but by eventually, I mean, like, not this year or anything.

But the attorneys are going to stand up for attorneys. An AI won't be allowed to appear in court. Attorneys on the licensing boards will write the rules so that AI-created work cannot be used in court in front of a judge, since, you know, what AI is, is basically massive copying from other sources.

It's already happened in the legal profession anyway. Things like legal zoom and standard document generation replaced a lot of low level lawyers about 15 years ago. (Add in paralegals (at a fraction of the cost) doing work that lawyers used to do, but that's not AI related).

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
If AI can eliminate the self-important asshats in Hollywood, maybe it's not so bad.

Top Bottom