The Artificial Intelligence Thread

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Yeah, it's about to get real with this AI. And it doesn't look like there's any will to stop it. All the geniuses working on it don't see the dangers, or at least they think it's worth the risk (which it isn't).

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Yeah, it's about to get real with this AI. And it doesn't look like there's any will to stop it. All the geniuses working on it don't see the dangers, or at least they think it's worth the risk (which it isn't).
"Just because you can doesn't mean you should"

Cotton

Staff member
I mean in some ways there is potential for beautiful discovery with it.
There are people that have already weaponized the FBI and CIA. Don't think for a second they wouldn't do the same things with this.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Meh, certain professions are protected by professional licenses. You might be able to use something like ChatGPT to help with paperwork but ultimately when you appear in court you either represent yourself or you have an attorney.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Try out chat gpt. It's crazy what that stuff can do. My wife got on the beta testing for it and mainly uses it to watch for her students trying to use it for school.
A coworker just introduced me to a similar program. The one he showed me is called write sonic.

Shit blew my mind. I'm going to start using it to write my annual appraisals and stuff. :lol

Cotton

Staff member
Simple enough, don't answer the phone.
I rarely answer a number I don’t know, but I’m gonna start answering those calls sounding like Minnie Mouse.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

I mean, we've imagined futures like the Terminator, Blade Runner, Mad Max, Planet of the Apes, The Time Machine, triple titted women like in Total Recall, and so many more shittier futures.

I think I will take scammers over what we've imagined.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Simple enough, don't answer the phone.
I never answer unless I know who it is. And furthermore, if I did and allowed them to AI me, my family may be suspicious if for some reason I call them out of the blue and robotically ask for cash to be wired to me.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
We don't use Alexa or Siri to control anything in our house.

Cotton

Staff member
I'm going to have Alexa start posting for me here after I die.

If I suddenly have measured, reasonable opinions on McDonald's, the Eagles, or Josh Allen, you'll know.
That would be like be showing up to the board one day and going, "Damn, I have changed my mind, that Jerry Jones fella is a pretty good owner". :lol

You would know.

Top Bottom